Media Create Week 48.. I'm busted Yes I'm busted But my heart Won't let me die

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Media Create Week 48.. I'm busted Yes I'm busted But my heart Won't let me die
2 years ago#11
Sony family wins again! Oh, wait a minute...

Anclation posted...
Two somewhat notable new Vita releases and yet hardware barely gets a bump? Seems new colors actually sell more systems than new games, lol.

3DS is an absolute beast, it might actually surpass the PS3's total sales next week.

I don't think there's any realistic release that will sell many Vitas. This thing is just dead.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
2 years ago#12
blundermine posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Looks like the holiday boost is kicking in. I think everything went up. The Vita should stay above 10k for the rest of the year.

Everything's pretty flat actually. PS3 is down a little and Vita and Wii are marginally up. Everything else is pretty much identical.

That's right. I only had last week's HW numbers when i made the post so i didn't know almost every system had new releases.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
2 years ago#13
Andherewego.gif
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
2 years ago#14
What should be of real concern is how much everything is down compared to last year.

3DS is down ~ 25%
PS3 is down ~ 25%
PSP is down ~ 60% (though it should be with the Vita)
Wii is down ~ 85% (though Wii U comes out next week)
360 is down ~ 25%
PS2 is down ~ 50%
DS is down ~ 90%

Bad times all around
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
2 years ago#15
I thought the Vita would at least go over 15k with those two releases. Guess not. The Vita is going to get murdered by the 3DS the next 5-6 weeks.
2 years ago#16
the vita still keeps outsold by psp :<

On a side note: The 3DS will outsell the PS3 on life-to-date units on next week and it took less than 2 years..
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
(edited by vyseskies)
2 years ago#17
ylvis posted...
I thought the Vita would at least go over 15k with those two releases. Guess not. The Vita is going to get murdered by the 3DS the next 5-6 weeks.

And molosted when it's dead. N is just godlike. I'm defo getting a 3ds next.bf.
2 years ago#18
Pretty surprising to have two games in there.

Actually japan has a good lineup coming with at least phantasy star 2 online, soul sacrififice, valhalla knights 3, ninja gaiden 2 coming on 1st quarter, I don't know how other games like sly or ratchet will perform there, in any case that may help Vita in Japan.
2 years ago#19
skyrimer3d posted...
Pretty surprising to have two games in there.

Actually japan has a good lineup coming with at least phantasy star 2 online, soul sacrififice, valhalla knights 3, ninja gaiden 2 coming on 1st quarter, I don't know how other games like sly or ratchet will perform there, in any case that may help Vita in Japan.

Phantasy Star and Soul Sacrifice will help. Valhalla Knights 3 is too niche, and Ninja Gaiden isn't that big in Japan and is also coming out for the PS3/360 (and already released for the WiiU). Sly and Ratchet are not big in Japan.
2 years ago#20
blundermine posted...
What should be of real concern is how much everything is down compared to last year.

3DS is down ~ 25%
PS3 is down ~ 25%
PSP is down ~ 60% (though it should be with the Vita)
Wii is down ~ 85% (though Wii U comes out next week)
360 is down ~ 25%
PS2 is down ~ 50%
DS is down ~ 90%

Bad times all around

Didn't Mario Kart 7 release this week, last year? That sure would seem pretty relevant when judging the 3DS numbers.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Media Create Week 48.. I'm busted Yes I'm busted But my heart Won't let me die

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived