Media Create Week 48.. I'm busted Yes I'm busted But my heart Won't let me die

#11Megaman OmegaPosted 12/5/2012 5:24:10 AM
Sony family wins again! Oh, wait a minute...

Anclation posted...
Two somewhat notable new Vita releases and yet hardware barely gets a bump? Seems new colors actually sell more systems than new games, lol.

3DS is an absolute beast, it might actually surpass the PS3's total sales next week.

I don't think there's any realistic release that will sell many Vitas. This thing is just dead.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#12Megaman OmegaPosted 12/5/2012 5:26:45 AM
blundermine posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Looks like the holiday boost is kicking in. I think everything went up. The Vita should stay above 10k for the rest of the year.

Everything's pretty flat actually. PS3 is down a little and Vita and Wii are marginally up. Everything else is pretty much identical.

That's right. I only had last week's HW numbers when i made the post so i didn't know almost every system had new releases.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#13McMarblesPosted 12/5/2012 5:29:35 AM
Andherewego.gif
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#14blunderminePosted 12/5/2012 5:32:27 AM
What should be of real concern is how much everything is down compared to last year.

3DS is down ~ 25%
PS3 is down ~ 25%
PSP is down ~ 60% (though it should be with the Vita)
Wii is down ~ 85% (though Wii U comes out next week)
360 is down ~ 25%
PS2 is down ~ 50%
DS is down ~ 90%

Bad times all around
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#15ylvisPosted 12/5/2012 5:36:11 AM
I thought the Vita would at least go over 15k with those two releases. Guess not. The Vita is going to get murdered by the 3DS the next 5-6 weeks.
#16vyseskiesPosted 12/5/2012 5:42:38 AM(edited)
the vita still keeps outsold by psp :<

On a side note: The 3DS will outsell the PS3 on life-to-date units on next week and it took less than 2 years..
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#17j2zon2591Posted 12/5/2012 5:40:36 AM
ylvis posted...
I thought the Vita would at least go over 15k with those two releases. Guess not. The Vita is going to get murdered by the 3DS the next 5-6 weeks.

And molosted when it's dead. N is just godlike. I'm defo getting a 3ds next.bf.
#18skyrimer3dPosted 12/5/2012 5:41:39 AM
Pretty surprising to have two games in there.

Actually japan has a good lineup coming with at least phantasy star 2 online, soul sacrififice, valhalla knights 3, ninja gaiden 2 coming on 1st quarter, I don't know how other games like sly or ratchet will perform there, in any case that may help Vita in Japan.
#19ylvisPosted 12/5/2012 5:49:08 AM
skyrimer3d posted...
Pretty surprising to have two games in there.

Actually japan has a good lineup coming with at least phantasy star 2 online, soul sacrififice, valhalla knights 3, ninja gaiden 2 coming on 1st quarter, I don't know how other games like sly or ratchet will perform there, in any case that may help Vita in Japan.

Phantasy Star and Soul Sacrifice will help. Valhalla Knights 3 is too niche, and Ninja Gaiden isn't that big in Japan and is also coming out for the PS3/360 (and already released for the WiiU). Sly and Ratchet are not big in Japan.
#20AnclationPosted 12/5/2012 5:51:47 AM
blundermine posted...
What should be of real concern is how much everything is down compared to last year.

3DS is down ~ 25%
PS3 is down ~ 25%
PSP is down ~ 60% (though it should be with the Vita)
Wii is down ~ 85% (though Wii U comes out next week)
360 is down ~ 25%
PS2 is down ~ 50%
DS is down ~ 90%

Bad times all around

Didn't Mario Kart 7 release this week, last year? That sure would seem pretty relevant when judging the 3DS numbers.