Sold my Vita. Need help with backing up.

#1mmc2679Posted 12/5/2012 3:01:51 PM
I sold my old black Vita today on Fleabay so I can finally move on to my new white Vita. Anyway...I have some questions regarding switching to a newer Vita. I am hoping someone can answers my questions.

#1: Do I need to do a system backup on my computer?
#2: Will my game saves trasnfer if I just move my old memory card to my new Vita? Or how do I transfer the gamesaves to my new Vita?
#3: How do I erase the personal information on my old Vita?

...These are the only ones that are coming to my mind at the moment. If anyone can answer them and give me advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Can't believe I spelled my own name wrong. :(
#2TheExiled280Posted 12/5/2012 3:06:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3JerichoDarkstarPosted 12/5/2012 3:11:08 PM
You should be able to back up all the content you need on your PS3 or PC. Either will do, but you'll have to have an internet connection with your PS3, and you'll have to download Content Manager on your PC.

Now, as far as your old Vita's personal info, just go into System Settings and select Restore Defaults. That should do it.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#4kingofall214Posted 12/5/2012 3:14:56 PM
mmc2679 posted...
I sold my old black Vita today on Fleabay so I can finally move on to my new white Vita. Anyway...I have some questions regarding switching to a newer Vita. I am hoping someone can answers my questions.

#1: Do I need to do a system backup on my computer?
#2: Will my game saves trasnfer if I just move my old memory card to my new Vita? Or how do I transfer the gamesaves to my new Vita?
#3: How do I erase the personal information on my old Vita?

...These are the only ones that are coming to my mind at the moment. If anyone can answer them and give me advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

#1 it is always a good idea to back your games up on a computer and ps3 also you're going to need to if you want to keep your saves.

#2 I'm not sure if you put in a mem stick in a different vita if it makes you format it or not. I know it does if you use a different psn but if you use the same one you might not have to. like i said back it up just in case.

#3 go to settings, Format, restore the ps vita settings. make sure you don't have your memory stick in it when you do this otherwise it might format the stick as well
#5mmc2679(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:56:17 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Really appreciate it. :)
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Can't believe I spelled my own name wrong. :(