Ugh... why can't there be a Vita Version of SAO Infinity?

#11ORANGE666Posted 12/5/2012 4:46:06 PM
ManjiMidou posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
ManjiMidou posted...
hopefully the game is better than the anime.

*burns the Blashphemer named Manji*

The anime is all over the place. Those who have read the novel would agree with me.

The writing in the show is terrible. It sacrifices plot and character for effect. The antagonist is laughably flat and generic. Completely leaning one way black or white with no line between. I could go on and on but its not like the source is much better.
#12neskyPosted 12/5/2012 5:28:15 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
ManjiMidou posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
ManjiMidou posted...

The anime is all over the place. Those who have read the novel would agree with me.

The writing in the show is terrible. It sacrifices plot and character for effect. The antagonist is laughably flat and generic. Completely leaning one way black or white with no line between. I could go on and on but its not like the source is much better.

Have to disagree with you there. The novel is a lot better than the anime, but let's be reasonable. The anime will be nowhere as long as the novel, so for what it is... the anime is quite good.
---
i7 930 @ 4.05 | 12GB 2000MHz Dominator GT | Evga GTX 480 SLI @ 850/2000 | Win 7 Pro - Intel X25-M MLC SSD Raid 0 | Corsair 1200AX | Dual Loop LCS | Corsair 800D
#13darkdragongirlPosted 12/5/2012 5:30:59 PM
My assassin is named Kirito on RO.

Minus the Mary-Sue Kirito moments, and his "sister", I like it.
---
Playing: Halo 4; Ragnarok Odyssey; PSASBR (I'm bad)
#14ORANGE666Posted 12/5/2012 5:49:01 PM
nesky posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
ManjiMidou posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
ManjiMidou posted...

Have to disagree with you there. The novel is a lot better than the anime, but let's be reasonable. The anime will be nowhere as long as the novel, so for what it is... the anime is quite good.

That excuse won't work. Most animes are from Novels and are able to be relayed in 13 episodes. SAO doesn't even have much depth in its story, cutting out events and incorporating them in others should not subtract from the writing in the anime. The studio behind the show just sucks.

And the Novel itself, it's not good but its not bad either. Note, I'm comparing it only to other Japanese visual novels when I say this. It's difficult to write an action story because it's difficult to balance the action, the resolve and the background. The best action stories use the action as a plot device to move the story forward. SAO uses too many cheap plot devices to move the story forwad and give it any meaning, the incest is just another one.

If you really felt the story was good and understood it, then please explain to me why the author included incest in this story? Hint: The discrepancy between reality and virtual reality and how to display it.
#15deathpapayaPosted 12/5/2012 8:01:02 PM(edited)
Because SAO is a trash nerd pandering show.

People act like the LN's are better but they're just as bad.

Editt: game looks stilted and clunky.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#16deathpapayaPosted 12/5/2012 8:03:30 PM
Ghetsis posted...
ManjiMidou posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
ManjiMidou posted...

Nobody ever reads novels, they just watch anime.

Fate/zero made that depressingly clear.

The fact that the fate/zero Ln were amazing doesn't change that the show was as well.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#17darkdragongirlPosted 12/5/2012 8:13:07 PM
@Orange, I've been watching Say, I love You. The adaptation is decent despite moving small details or removing certain events, such as Valentine's Day.

Depends on the studio. I still prefer to read it over watching it. Though I like the animated artist's drawings more than the Mangaka's.

It is unfortunate, and true that sometimes anime does butcher the work. So I won't disagree completely.
---
#18MegaMettaurPosted 12/5/2012 8:15:29 PM
I'm guessing the people who like SAO haven't read Tsukihime. Or watched .hack//sign.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#19DeathSnipe777Posted 12/5/2012 9:10:16 PM(edited)
Well now, people are being quite negative in here.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#20darkdragongirlPosted 12/5/2012 9:15:57 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
I'm guessing the people who like SAO haven't read Tsukihime. Or watched .hack//sign.

I have read .hack//LotT and .hack//link. Never watched the anime adaptation. I enjoy SA:O.

I mean there are worse things to like (e.g. Insane Clown Posse).
---