we need star ocean

#11youngskillzPosted 12/5/2012 4:35:38 PM
really liked TLH on 360.....that game had such vibrant colors/visuals.

a brand new original star ocean for vita would be wonderful....or even a port of a new 360/ps3 one.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.
#12Lord_VishanaPosted 12/5/2012 4:39:39 PM
I adored the series until the "plot twist" in Till the End of Time. That completely ruined the series for me. :-(

It was like a M. Night Shamalyn twist >_>
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther
#13CompassPosted 12/5/2012 4:39:54 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Compass posted...
We really don't.

Whether or not you like the game itself its rarely going to hurt the situation by having more options.

Indeed. And this is one of those rare situations.
#14Prince ShondronaiPosted 12/5/2012 4:41:13 PM
More Star Ocean would be mighty fine, yes.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#15DoomerangPosted 12/5/2012 4:43:16 PM
Depends on if they retcon out the twist from SO3. Kind of made it hard for me to immerse myself in the series after that twist.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#16Lord_VishanaPosted 12/5/2012 4:44:58 PM
Doomerang posted...
Depends on if they retcon out the twist from SO3. Kind of made it hard for me to immerse myself in the series after that twist.

We think alike. :-)
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther
#17ChemicalBurritoPosted 12/5/2012 4:48:03 PM
I'd buy the PS1 classic (SO2), a remake of SO3, and maybe a port of SO4 day 1, despite the fact that I can't stand any of the characters in SO4.

Cheap downloadable PSP versions of the first two Star Ocean games would be a good start...
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Tales of Graces f (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)
#18ChemicalBurritoPosted 12/5/2012 4:50:22 PM
Doomerang posted...

Wait a minute ... we're suddenly concerned about the plot of a Star Ocean title?
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Tales of Graces f (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)
#19sirtonnePosted 12/5/2012 5:09:05 PM
I liked every SO, but some more than others. 2>4>3>1

It's one of those series that some people don't like because they take everything too seriously and dislike the character designs and cliches. I think that's part of the charm though. Not everything has to be grimdark edgy and stylish.

I remember there was a tri-Ace tech demo a while ago that looked like a SO5 teaser but no news since.
#20AxelOfTheFirePosted 12/5/2012 5:29:31 PM
I wish the PSP versions were available on the store. I'm not quite sure why they aren't. I hope they eventually become available along with some of the other SE games that aren't up.
---
"I don't know about you, but I'm havin a ball"-Marv