we need star ocean

#21USMCinfinity(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:04:42 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Doomerang posted...
Depends on if they retcon out the twist from SO3. Kind of made it hard for me to immerse myself in the series after that twist.

We think alike. :-)

Well, thanks to THAT plot twisted we got Inception ;)
---
Also USMC you are nothing but Mr. Negative. Quit being mean to everyone!
- GroundCraze
#22Jprime666Posted 12/5/2012 6:21:01 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Opinion: Star Ocean has always been a pretty mediocre series. All games aren't bad and I'd likely buy it but "need" is a strong word.

this.
#23silenthill4vidPosted 12/5/2012 6:36:00 PM
Jprime666 posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...
Opinion: Star Ocean has always been a pretty mediocre series. All games aren't bad and I'd likely buy it but "need" is a strong word.

this.

---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#24Lelouch71Posted 12/5/2012 9:15:07 PM
silenthill4vid posted...
Jprime666 posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...

this.

These

Star Ocean had mediocre stories and characters. The gameplay is the only saving grace for this series, and my only reason to play those games.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#25badboyPosted 12/5/2012 10:12:38 PM
The PSP ones you mean or a new one?
#26GeassMasterPosted 12/5/2012 10:37:59 PM
Putting 3 on Vita seems logical... considering they put the first two on PSP.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#27occupation_bobPosted 12/6/2012 12:15:22 AM
I would love it if SO3 was on the Vita.

It was my favorite SO, and made me think I'd like the rest of the games.

Then I found out the rest of the games, in my opinion, sucked pretty bad.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#28kingofall214Posted 12/6/2012 12:24:20 AM
another +1 for gamefaqs. this series looks good might have to get the psp version now.
#29DoomerangPosted 12/6/2012 4:06:42 PM
Wait a minute ... we're suddenly concerned about the plot of a Star Ocean title?

Just because you didn't play it partially for plot doesn't mean other people didn't play it for plot. The plots were simple, but the characters in the first three had their charm for me. Likewise, it's hard for me to play a game that has no real gameplay and is entirely story-based (unless it's something you go into knowing it's just for story, like Virtue's Last Reward). I'm not expecting some amazing story in every game I play, just something that would let me kind of immerse myself in the game to some level.

Star Ocean 3's twist kind of killed that for me for the entire series. I couldn't even enjoy the PSP remakes of Star Ocean 1 and 2 as much, despite loving SO2 in the PS1 days, because of the Star Ocean 3 plot twist. It doesn't really help that the creators went out of their way to rub the SO3 twist into the player with the secret character in the psp games.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#30USMCinfinity(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:25:07 PM
Doomerang posted...
Wait a minute ... we're suddenly concerned about the plot of a Star Ocean title?

Just because you didn't play it partially for plot doesn't mean other people didn't play it for plot. The plots were simple, but the characters in the first three had their charm for me. Likewise, it's hard for me to play a game that has no real gameplay and is entirely story-based (unless it's something you go into knowing it's just for story, like Virtue's Last Reward). I'm not expecting some amazing story in every game I play, just something that would let me kind of immerse myself in the game to some level.

Star Ocean 3's twist kind of killed that for me for the entire series. I couldn't even enjoy the PSP remakes of Star Ocean 1 and 2 as much, despite loving SO2 in the PS1 days, because of the Star Ocean 3 plot twist. It doesn't really help that the creators went out of their way to rub the SO3 twist into the player with the secret character in the psp games.

That plot twisted made me feel dirty and used. But it is and will always be the biggest WTF moment in video game history.
---
Also USMC you are nothing but Mr. Negative. Quit being mean to everyone!
- GroundCraze