we need star ocean

#31DoomerangPosted 12/6/2012 4:27:40 PM
That plot twisted made me feel dirty and used. But it is and will always be the biggest WTF moment in video game history.

Being the biggest WTF does not make it good though. Sometimes, doing things for shock value is not a good idea.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#32USMCinfinity(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:41:28 PM
Doomerang posted...
That plot twisted made me feel dirty and used. But it is and will always be the biggest WTF moment in video game history.

Being the biggest WTF does not make it good though. Sometimes, doing things for shock value is not a good idea.

I didn't like the twist, but the gameplay was too fun for me to quit.
---
Also USMC you are nothing but Mr. Negative. Quit being mean to everyone!
- GroundCraze
#33ORANGE666Posted 12/6/2012 4:55:29 PM
CrazyFunkyMasao posted...
As long as it's not as bad as "The Last Hope" (one of the WORST RPGs I've ever played) sure, why not?

The save points are so far apart its crazy. You can go 2 hours without a save point
#34wartpigXPosted 12/6/2012 5:22:25 PM(edited)
just gonna say this.

till the end of time

dat invent
dat challenges
dat "free roam"

ibactually like the plot twist. it gives them so much power. makes them in controll of their destiny.

what id like to see is it keeping the exact same play style. but have a mass effect2 like jumping from planet to planet. and you be in controll of it. maybe add a type of space battle as hidden side quest. hidden planets. endless possability.
the story maybe is them cleaning up what traces of

SPOILERS

the executioners. and any of the hidden malicous programs left in the traces of their
thoughts when they will'd themselves back into existance

convoluted plot but great gameplay
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#35jschristyPosted 12/6/2012 5:48:45 PM
darkness1018 posted...
CrazyFunkyMasao posted...
As long as it's not as bad as "The Last Hope" (one of the WORST RPGs I've ever played) sure, why not?

The Last hope was great, Till the End of Time was the only bad Star Ocean game IMO. I hated Till the End of Time but really liked The Last Hope, especially the PS3 international version.

Yeah TLH:I was awesome IMO.

But it's the only SO I've played, so...

The beginning is sorta tedious and sucky, but once you get out in the galaxy it's pretty cool.
---
SS FC: 1892 3402 3141
#36BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 12/6/2012 8:20:05 PM
P4G Nuff Said
---
"The deadliest weapon in this game isn't a gun, or an explosive device, or any kind of hi-tech gadget.
It's a steady 4-bar connection".
#37DoomerangPosted 12/6/2012 10:05:46 PM
Wartpig, that is inappropiate spoiler tags. You didnt even give enough space between the warning and the massive spoiler. Delete your post and use the spoiler tags next time (< spoiler> </ spoiler>)
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#38badboyPosted 12/7/2012 12:42:17 AM
http://liftoff.square-enix.co.jp/

What if this turns out to be a new Star Ocean for Vita?
#39CynicalNaivetePosted 12/7/2012 1:07:07 AM
Seriously? People liked Last Hope? I thought Till the End of Time was far superior. The only thing I liked about Last Hope was the combat system. It was like playing Grandia III all over again. Some solid, fun predecessors capped off by sequels too awful to describe, save for their battle systems.

To be fair, Last Hope was marginally better than Grandia III, though. Both are top contenders for "worst RPG I've ever played" and the number I've played is in the triple digits.
#40Bancario51Posted 12/7/2012 1:32:07 AM
yeah port Star Ocean 3 Till the End of Time while I summon some cricket chirps
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...