Guys I think the PlayStation Vita and PS Orbis are going to have a big conection

#21KirbyIsAwesomePosted 12/5/2012 5:26:33 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
I thought orbis had a 3d headset. If so, Im not sure how a Vita controller would help, since you couldnt see the screen.

It's optional IIRC.
---
DemonDog: "I'm not a fanboy"
"I insult Nintendo for making crappy consoles and whoring out mario, and praise sony systems and games"
#22finaljayfantasyPosted 12/5/2012 5:41:48 PM
You wont need the headset to play the PS4 but on topic with the PS4/Vita connection itll be a little better then the WiiU and its game pad IMO. They are two independent systems that will come together in a great way (hopefully) but im not saying the WiiU is bad but right now its new and there aint much to it but itll get better as Nintendo adds new apps and what not to the console and it pad.
---
PSN:death666life, XBL:doublexlgamers, www.youtube.com/doublexlgamers
#23darkdragongirlPosted 12/5/2012 5:43:44 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
I thought orbis had a 3d headset. If so, Im not sure how a Vita controller would help, since you couldnt see the screen.

It's optional IIRC.

That's what the connector is for next to the PSV slot. Watch it happen.
---
Playing: Halo 4; Ragnarok Odyssey; PSASBR (I'm bad)
#24KirbyIsAwesomePosted 12/5/2012 5:47:07 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

It's optional IIRC.

Oh s***.
---
"I insult Nintendo for making crappy consoles and whoring out mario, and praise sony systems and games"
#25darkdragongirlPosted 12/5/2012 5:48:07 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

It's optional IIRC.

Oh s***.

Shhhhh or it won't happen.
---
#26KirbyIsAwesomePosted 12/5/2012 5:50:00 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

It's optional IIRC.

Oh s***.

Shhhhh or it won't happen.

dammit! i mean, dammit...
---
#27shampoowarriorPosted 12/5/2012 6:17:29 PM(edited)
finaljayfantasy posted...
You wont need the headset to play the PS4 but on topic with the PS4/Vita connection itll be a little better then the WiiU and its game pad IMO. They are two independent systems that will come together in a great way (hopefully) but im not saying the WiiU is bad but right now its new and there aint much to it but itll get better as Nintendo adds new apps and what not to the console and it pad.

I'm here representing jaded Nintendo fanboys, and I'm saying the Wii U is kind of bad, but I'm curious why you think the PS4 / Vita connection will be better than the Wii U?

I do own both a Vita and a PS3, just so we know complaints are based off of *experience*

Fact is, Vita is weaker than the PS3. For crossplay, PS3 games need to be dumbed down and the remote play is just godawful. Vita can't remote play PS1 games without gamebreaking lag. Videos are actually not so bad.

But Vita can't remote-play PS3 games off of the PS3. It can cross-play some PS3 games with a dumbed down Vita version. Nothing running full steam. It can't stream PSP games purchased off of PSN and stored on the PS3. It has some controller functionality that I haven't tried yet (LBP).

But what I can say is that the Wii U / gamepad multiplayer functionality is f****** awesome and the only good thing about the system apart from Miiverse. PS3 obviously isn't coded to emulate said functionality, but again, the Vita cannot keep up with the PS3 already as far as cross-play or remote-play.

So how is a PS4, which is supposed to be more powerful than the PS3, supposed to interact in an enjoyable way with a Vita incapable of interacting in an enjoyable way with the PS3?

I'm sure they can program game functionality in. LBP proves that. But can it program the kind of gameplay already displayed in NintendoLand (5-player couch co-op with the gameplad functioning simultaneously and independently from the screen) as well as the e3 demos of things such as Wii Sports Golf?

Doubtful, but curious.

But what so many Sony fanboys are so quick to label as a feature of the Vita and a detriment of the Wii U (the fact that the Wii U gamepad is streamed from the console rather than a functional tablet that runs separately) seems to work in the Wii U's favor.

The gamepad is capable of whatever the Wii U is capable of, which is untapped. The Vita is capable of... whatever the Vita is capable of, which is undoubtedly less than what the Wii U is capable of. Therefore, from a home console functionality perspective, the Vita will probably be less useful.

Again, I own all consoles in question apart from PS4 (obviously). I'm waiting for any of them to "Wow" me. But I don't see how the PS4 / Vita functionality could possibly surpass the Wii U functionality.

Personal example. Playing from my bedroom on the opposite side of my apartment from the TV and game consoles. Wii U games play like a dream on the Wii U gamepad in bed. Xenogears, a PS1 classic, plays like absolute s*** on my Vita in the same position in the same location (via Remote Play, it plays fine running off the Vita itself).

People in the topic have already touted the Vita's ability to play Vita games independent of the PS3/4 console for some reason, but the fact is still that a Wii U + 3DS is generally cheaper than a PS3 + Vita, much less (speculatively) a PS4 + Vita.

So where is the superiority?
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#28darkdragongirlPosted 12/5/2012 6:05:38 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
dammit! i mean, dammit...

Grab my hand... MOBILE VIRTUAL REALITY!
---
#29KirbyIsAwesomePosted 12/5/2012 6:06:49 PM
I can't! Not yet!

I... I'm not ready...
---
#30darkdragongirlPosted 12/5/2012 6:10:55 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
I can't! Not yet!

I... I'm not ready...

Look, look with your special eyes, into mine.

(O,..,O)
---