IGN's 5 Vita Game of the Year candidates are...

#31Azure_lKitePosted 12/6/2012 3:56:46 AM
Why does so many people complain about GR's combat?

I think it's pretty decent. The only lackluster part is that it's piss easy, since you get OP abilities.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#32TheExiled280Posted 12/6/2012 4:01:07 AM
Why does so many people complain about GR's combat?

I think it's pretty decent. The only lackluster part is that it's piss easy, since you get OP abilities.

I liked it and I still play the Time Attack Trials from time to time. It could have been fleshed out more but I won't say its bad nor does it ruin the game in anyway. Only gripe is that Gravity Kick can miss too easily if the enemy moves at the last second.
---
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6W2A3LL14o
#33MegaMettaurPosted 12/6/2012 4:40:11 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
The contenders should be these.

Shinobido: 2
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Gravity Rush
Ragnarok Odyssey
Dokuro

Fixed. Vita exclusives should be the only games on this list.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#34TheExiled280Posted 12/6/2012 4:42:20 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...

Gravity Rush
Ragnarok Odyssey
Dokuro

Persona 4: The Golden is a Vita Exclusive

also no offensive, but Shinobido 2 does not belong anywhere with the words "Vita Game of the Year"
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#35RotuhiiriPosted 12/6/2012 5:07:08 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

Gravity Rush
Ragnarok Odyssey
Dokuro

IGN's inclusion of Sound Shapes shows that not only Vita exclusives are on their list.

I think IGN's list is decent but I do think they shouldn't use as many small DD-only games. Nothing wrong with DD-only games but both SS or SSD can be beaten fully with all trophies in less than five hours. Their lower price might excuse this in a review but we're talking Game of the Year here.

Virtue's Last Reward and Gravity Rush are much better fits in this category and Virtue's Last reward got a very favourable review from IGN on top of that.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#36Ben ReillyPosted 12/6/2012 5:10:34 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Their lower price might excuse this in a review but we're talking Game of the Year here.

And?

Game of the Year is about the best game you played on that platform.

Who cares if its downloadable or retail.

A lot of people have The Walking Dead as their PS3/360 game of the year.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#37RotuhiiriPosted 12/6/2012 5:28:41 AM
Ben Reilly posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...
Their lower price might excuse this in a review but we're talking Game of the Year here.

And?

Game of the Year is about the best game you played on that platform.

Who cares if its downloadable or retail.

A lot of people have The Walking Dead as their PS3/360 game of the year.

It wasn't the fact that they're downloadable that I was addressing, it was the fact that they're both one hour long games and no more than five hours to fully beat everything in them (Sound Shapes could last longer if you're creative).

I think a one hour game needs to be truly special if to be considered GOTY material. Super Stardust Delta is far to similar to earlier Super Stardusts to be considered that.

If you see Walking Dead as one game, it's a long one with all the episodes.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#38white windPosted 12/6/2012 5:43:47 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
For me, the thing that keeps Gravity Rush from being Game of the Year is the terrible combat.

what terrible combat? it was great fun
---
PSN: ghattas
#39Sailor GoonPosted 12/6/2012 5:59:40 AM
Ben Reilly posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

So basically your only argument for the game not being good are its graphics?

No

That is the biggest problem with it

Others include, terrible gameplay, terrible story, terrible sound, terrible online, lack of cross play, etc...

Again

Having a lot of terrible KONTENT doesn't make a game good, just like having the bare minimum in content doesn't make a game bad.

Your comment makes me feel like you havent played the game, because everything you said is terrible was actually fantastic in the game
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#40Lord_VishanaPosted 12/6/2012 6:10:02 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
Ben Reilly posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

So basically your only argument for the game not being good are its graphics?

No

That is the biggest problem with it

Others include, terrible gameplay, terrible story, terrible sound, terrible online, lack of cross play, etc...

Again

Having a lot of terrible KONTENT doesn't make a game good, just like having the bare minimum in content doesn't make a game bad.

Your comment makes me feel like you havent played the game, because everything you said is terrible was actually fantastic in the game

I agree, thanks for you're positive perspective on Book of Memories by the way. :-)

Absolutely loving it! It's a criminally underrated game.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther