My Fears Have Come True

#1dayj15Posted 12/6/2012 10:29:47 AM(edited)
About 15 minutes ago, I pulled out some Vitas that were on our (Target) Pre-Transition Merchandise pulls. I thought it was odd, but once I mentioned it to the Lead in Electronics, she replies "Oh yeah, they've been discontinued." I scanned the box, and indeed....Discontinued. This kind of makes me sad to see a wonderful creation get the axe due to different factors. I hope it was just the specific bundle, and not the entire SKU itself. I've had the system since launch and love it. Still, this also makes me wonder what games will not be completed or see no release date because of this. Anyone else have info?

*I have come to believe the reasoning behind the discontinuation is due to the system not selling well here. Thus Target has decided to halt the process of selling them. Stories of stores like The UK's equivalent to Wal-Mart has halted selling them as late as Sept.
---
Xbox 360 GT: I KiD ViCiOuS I
PSVITA: CoMpLeX_EniGMa
#2finaljayfantasyPosted 12/6/2012 10:26:45 AM
dayj15 posted...
About 15 minutes ago, I pulled out some Vitas that were on our (Target) Pre-Transition Merchandise pulls. I thought it was odd, but once I mentioned it to the Lead in Electronics, she replies "Oh yeah, they've been discontinued." I scanned the box, and indeed....Discontinued. This kind of makes me sad to see a wonderful creation get the axe due to different factors. I hope it was just the specific bundle, and not the entire SKU itself. I've had the system since launch and love it. Still, this also makes me wonder what games will not be completed or see no release date because of this. Anyone else have info?

Do you smell that? It smells like BS. Oh its strong smelling to. I need to get out of here before i get sick.
---
PSN:death666life, XBL:doublexlgamers, www.youtube.com/doublexlgamers
#3gray_fox_00Posted 12/6/2012 10:32:56 AM
Yeah I heard the same thing from my uncle that works at a plant that supplies parts for the Vita. They got a notice last week saying they were closing that line.

Luckily he was one of the few guys chosen to change out the tooling for the next line to be run there so he's not out of a job.

....<_<......>_>.....<_<.... yeah that's the ticket....
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#4RalphWiggum33Posted 12/6/2012 10:33:54 AM
might've been the 3G model.
#5dayj15(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:40:29 AM
finaljayfantasy posted...
dayj15 posted...

Do you smell that? It smells like BS. Oh its strong smelling to. I need to get out of here before i get sick.

First of all...who are you? Secondly...go. I am not here to troll. Say what you must. When I post the picture to prove it. Feel free to apologize, mkay muffin?
---
#6dayj15(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:41:48 AM
RalphWiggum33 posted...
might've been the 3G model.

No, I just scanned the Wi-Fi one. That is also DC'd.
---
#7mike_411Posted 12/6/2012 10:43:40 AM
and until you post a pic we have no reason to believe you, ok buttercup?

you'd think this would be big news if it were true...>.>
---
"Peace is trolling!" Mentality of Gamefaqs mods
-Blazblue Chrono Phantasma! :D
#8GamenamebullyPosted 12/6/2012 10:44:07 AM
Pics or didn't happen.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#9dayj15(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:50:11 AM
mike_411 posted...
and until you post a pic we have no reason to believe you, ok buttercup?

you'd think this would be big news if it were true...>.>

That's fine. I'll be glad to read your apology too. ;)
---
#10KirbyIsAwesomePosted 12/6/2012 10:53:14 AM
lolwut
---
DemonDog: "I'm not a fanboy"
"I insult Nintendo for making crappy consoles and whoring out mario, and praise sony systems and games"