BOMBA: Playstation All-Star Batlle Royale Vita sells less than 8k in November...

#91Shadowfxd2Posted 12/8/2012 3:51:23 AM
To be honest, I expect this game to crash and burn, but I think in the interest of fairness we have to wait for the December sales to have a better idea.

Isn't there a leaderboard of some kind in All Star that people could know who's last and how many are playing?

typically launch are the biggest sales, while the following weeks sales go down. The only times sales pick back up are during sales and "greatest hits" or "GOTY" bundles...

So December will be less than 8k of Vita sales...
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#92CannondaleBobPosted 12/8/2012 6:03:05 AM
I got mine free with my system, that doesn't count toward sales
---
This is how I feel, I don't lie about how I feel so don't try to change my mind, you can still live a long and fruitful life even if you don't like what I say.
#93Libs368Posted 12/8/2012 8:16:09 AM
It is hilarious how obvious the people who bash the game stand out as being people who really never have played it.

Why do you love smash more? Because it has more depth/strategy? That is a bold lie. A seriously flawed way of thinking, too.

All smash has is dodging and hitting. The super system adds so much more depth and strategy once you wrap your head around it.

Smash, honestly, is a party brawler not made for people familiar with the fighting game genre. AllStars on the other hand has much more focus on balance/depth/strategy and it being a 'hardcore' fighter.

Just think about how many characters in smash are reskins, or completely useless in a hyper competitive setting.

And finally - the online style of seasonal leaderboards and karate belts is REALLY FRIGGIN UNIQUE AND COOL.

Infact I believe the biggest problem with AllStars has been the marketing. It is deceptively deep, and also has a very deceptive amount of content when you factor in the trophies and combat trials (something brawl/melee do not have).

Watch when the next smash comes out and it's the same playing people online but not seeing their usernames and no leaderboards nonsense it was on wii. But you will all love it because...well I really do not know. Smash has been worse and worse with every release since the original.

AllStars feels like the original smash bros to me. It has the fun factor, that accessibility for newcomers, but also a shocking amount of depth for the hardcore.

And like it or not, Yosp and other Sony execs have said they are happy with sales. SuperBot is NOT a huge studio. For a first game from a new studio, AllStars is seriously amazing. SuperBot did such a great job capturing the feel of the characters. They did much better than Smash, where characters feel nothing like they do in their respective games.
---
PSN - drhummingbird
Doctor, doctor what am I in for?
#94xfactorPosted 12/8/2012 8:26:32 AM
Yah, just like how they said they are satisfy with vita's sale yet refuses to disclose the sales figure while slashing the sales forecast every quarter?
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#95Libs368Posted 12/8/2012 8:43:08 AM
If the people in this topic were grown up enough to understand how business, marketshare, and profits work they would understand that Sony makes money off of the vita long after it has been sold at retail.

For all we know the numbers of Vita sold are already bringing in decent revenue via digital downloads and subscription services.

It must suck being so bored with my 3DS that I need to come and troll gamers on a message board for a device/games I have no interest in playing. Lucky for me I also have a vita.

I don't get you kids these days. It is like you find it more fun to troll on message boards, then to actually play games.

Are you nintendo fans THAT upset you haven't got a smash bros game on your portable device yet?

GFAQS - where people act like children regardless of their age!
---
PSN - drhummingbird
Doctor, doctor what am I in for?
#96FayeLadyPosted 12/8/2012 8:47:20 AM
If the people in this topic were grown up enough to understand how business, marketshare, and profits work they would understand that Sony makes money off of the vita long after it has been sold at retail.

That is the idea anyway. Ideally the person who buys the Vita will also buy Vita games, accessories, and services for a length of time. A person actively playing their Vita is more likely to buy these things than a person with a Vita shelved.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#97ylvisPosted 12/8/2012 9:06:17 AM
Libs368 posted...
It is hilarious how obvious the people who bash the game stand out as being people who really never have played it.

Why do you love smash more? Because it has more depth/strategy? That is a bold lie. A seriously flawed way of thinking, too.

All smash has is dodging and hitting. The super system adds so much more depth and strategy once you wrap your head around it.

Smash, honestly, is a party brawler not made for people familiar with the fighting game genre. AllStars on the other hand has much more focus on balance/depth/strategy and it being a 'hardcore' fighter.

Just think about how many characters in smash are reskins, or completely useless in a hyper competitive setting.

And finally - the online style of seasonal leaderboards and karate belts is REALLY FRIGGIN UNIQUE AND COOL.

Infact I believe the biggest problem with AllStars has been the marketing. It is deceptively deep, and also has a very deceptive amount of content when you factor in the trophies and combat trials (something brawl/melee do not have).

Watch when the next smash comes out and it's the same playing people online but not seeing their usernames and no leaderboards nonsense it was on wii. But you will all love it because...well I really do not know. Smash has been worse and worse with every release since the original.

AllStars feels like the original smash bros to me. It has the fun factor, that accessibility for newcomers, but also a shocking amount of depth for the hardcore.

And like it or not, Yosp and other Sony execs have said they are happy with sales. SuperBot is NOT a huge studio. For a first game from a new studio, AllStars is seriously amazing. SuperBot did such a great job capturing the feel of the characters. They did much better than Smash, where characters feel nothing like they do in their respective games.

Melee is miles better than Smash Bros 64.
#98kakashik99992Posted 12/8/2012 9:23:16 AM
Lol it's funny how everyone said it would tank because of the lack of star power of smash and sonydrones were saying that is miles ahead of smash and it would be a big hit. LOL
#99Angemon_23Posted 12/8/2012 9:31:34 AM
Yosp and other Sony execs have said they are happy with sales.

Sony's online TOS has a section that states users cannot enter into a class action lawsuit against Sony. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony exec were contractually obligated not to say anything negative regarding Sony and its products.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#100BikeaLossPosted 12/8/2012 9:31:46 AM
Poor PSASBRV...