Why are playstation plus saves different?

#1slugbossPosted 12/6/2012 9:24:54 PM
Ordinarily you have to backup the entire homescreen bubble to keep your save, but with playstation plus it works like you'd expect only taking the save file from each game Why can't the saves be accessed like normal on the systems software? So far, playstation plus has got a few features like this, automatic trophy syncing, game updating, now individual save files... I feel all of these have just inconvenienced the user with things they probably take for granted otherwise, seems like it'd just leave a poor impression.

Also, I'm curious if anyone has backed up a save from a digital download game they received from playstation plus to the cloud and been able to restore it on the retail cart?
#2MetalZoicPosted 12/6/2012 9:45:36 PM
It feels to me that they were planning this the entire time. Inflate the value of PS+ by giving it exclusive "features" that really should have been included in the OS right out of the box.

An extremely non-consumer friendly and lame way to do it, but at least DD games can now be deleted without losing all of your save data.
#3NotCeoPosted 12/6/2012 10:34:38 PM
MetalZoic posted...
It feels to me that they were planning this the entire time. Inflate the value of PS+ by giving it exclusive "features" that really should have been included in the OS right out of the box.

An extremely non-consumer friendly and lame way to do it, but at least DD games can now be deleted without losing all of your save data.

PS+ was released how many years after the PS3?
Vita and PS3 PS+ features are nearly identical, and it would have made little sense to let Vita users do something that PS3 users needed PS+ for.
#4MetalZoicPosted 12/6/2012 11:08:55 PM
Yes but I believe you can manage PS3 saves separately from the game without PS+.
That is something you can't do with Vita games unless you subscribe to it.

Unless I'm mistaken?
#5kyncaniPosted 12/7/2012 4:55:17 AM
Tying game data to save data and having overpriced memory cards is bad.
Maybe someday someone else will make better handhelds (not Apple).
#6MidgardDragon99Posted 12/7/2012 4:57:48 AM
MetalZoic posted...

Except Plus is worth the value even without this feature so it doesn't effing matter.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#7Theninja2004Posted 12/7/2012 5:23:20 AM
Yeah Zoic your right you can manage it separately on PS3 I can't believe we can't on the vita.
---
Gamertag : Slashingwind