Have you noticed that most people complaining about ports on the Vita..

#1shosaishuuPosted 12/7/2012 3:09:10 AM
..haven't actually played the games that are ports on their original console?
#2wwwgippal2Posted 12/7/2012 3:52:21 AM
I think people complaining about ports are just being silly.

If anything, I think that the best thing the Vita can be used for is ports.
---
sry fur me bad enlish,im form usa
#3Spetsnaz420Posted 12/7/2012 3:55:18 AM
shosaishuu posted...

How could you possibly know that?

Either way I doubt they have any actual issues with ports...it's just a trolling tool for tools
---
Why does BLOPS2 punish you with dubstep for finding the Easter eggs in Zombies?
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#4hajile12Posted 12/7/2012 3:57:27 AM
Pretty mich every port on the vita is amazing! !

I could see if that were not the case and most of the ports were bad. But that is not the case. Its amazing.

But I do that the vita needs more original titles which will come n time.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#5skyrimer3dPosted 12/7/2012 4:22:29 AM
There would be a problem with ports if there were ports of bad games, but ports of games like ninja gaiden 1 and 2, mortal kombat, P4G, DOA5, MGS HD, NFS MW, Wipoeut, etc., I'm so glad we got them.

The thing is I am mostly an FPS, fighting and western RPG player, but I'm always willing to try good games, however I don't have much free time at home so I usually only play those genres. The Vita allows me to try good games of different genres I would never try at home.

If it wasn't for the Vita I wouldn't discovered gems like P4G, Rayman Origins or Ninja Gaiden for example.

It's funny how many of the 3ds fans will complain and then drool over OoT or DQ7 though.
#6Elements012894Posted 12/7/2012 5:06:11 AM
skyrimer3d posted...
There would be a problem with ports if there were ports of bad games, but ports of games like ninja gaiden 1 and 2, mortal kombat, P4G, DOA5, MGS HD, NFS MW, Wipoeut, etc., I'm so glad we got them.

The thing is I am mostly an FPS, fighting and western RPG player, but I'm always willing to try good games, however I don't have much free time at home so I usually only play those genres. The Vita allows me to try good games of different genres I would never try at home.

If it wasn't for the Vita I wouldn't discovered gems like P4G, Rayman Origins or Ninja Gaiden for example.

It's funny how many of the 3ds fans will complain and then drool over OoT or DQ7 though.

Well ports and remakes are a bit different.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#7FayeLadyPosted 12/7/2012 9:03:54 AM
Depends on the game being ported. I poured hundreds of hours into OoT and Persona 4 over the years and still bought those at full price when they came out. On the other hand, something like MGS or PSA:BR come out on Vita at the same time as the HD version on home consoles, giving me very little reason to give the vita version a second look.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#8Natureboy99Posted 12/7/2012 9:20:27 AM
Loving that nfs port. The fact that its running on a portable makes it more impressive than the console version.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#9TheExiled280Posted 12/7/2012 9:21:56 AM
shosaishuu posted...

i think a lot people complain because:

A) They weren't interested in the game on the console and they still aren't
B) depending on when the port is made, the console verison might be cheaper to find
C) People only want original games like Gravity Rush & Uncharted

i personally don't mind ports but i want a balance between the originals. when it comes to fighting games i think ports are good. Example: I'd much rather have Soul Cailber V than SC Broken Destiny 2
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV) & Growlanser WoT(PSP)
#10gray_fox_00Posted 12/7/2012 9:29:34 AM
FayeLady posted...
Depends on the game being ported. I poured hundreds of hours into OoT and Persona 4 over the years and still bought those at full price when they came out. On the other hand, something like MGS or PSA:BR come out on Vita at the same time as the HD version on home consoles, giving me very little reason to give the vita version a second look.

That's why I like the Cross-Buy deal. 9/10 times I'm going to by the PS3 version of the game over the Vita, but with Cross-Buy I get my Vita copy free. MGS is the only one I actually bought both copies, but for me MGS2+3 on the go with syncable saves was worth it for me.

PSABR I doubt I would've paid for the Vita version on top of getting the PS3 version. As it stands though, I do online via PS3 mostly and solo on the go.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice