Not sure if I should get a Vita.

#1BlyrPosted 12/7/2012 3:03:02 AM
inb4peopleonlyreadthetitleandcallmeatroll

inb4opcantinb4

anyways.

Been interested in RO for a while, since I've played the MMO to DEATH, and of course there's that disgaea-y goodness (I started franchise on the PSP, and am waiting for D4 to show up in the mail.)

I like to plan my tax refund money in advance (getting a little more this year than last year) and I already have a 3DS, so I was considering a Vita just to even things out.

Only concerns are how poorly it's doing, and the very real possibility that it may get scrapped (RIP PSPGo. I actually loved it.)

Poor Public reception = very real possibility of no games. I have a few PSP games that are just TERRIBLE without a second analog (MH, GEB, LoA) so I'd be playing them on the Vita as well. (I already know of the list of Vita compatible games on CAG. I do my research. Dissapointed PSP2 isn't transferable, but meh, SEGAC.)

Soul sacrifice looks cool, I heard JP is getting a bundle so I may put money away for that bundle (even though I hate the color, can't beat a free game you want) also the possibility of PSO2 is a major factor in my decision... (but, SEGAC. So it's either going to be gimped, but fun, or it just won't leave JP.)

I do NOT like your typical final fantasy-esque turnbased RPG's. I do however LOVE srpg's, and I love arpg's. I don't really get out of the RPG genre (that's why PSP+DS was so amazing.. I put more time into those two alone than my 360+PS3...) but if I do, I'll get into action-adventure, puzzle games.. and racing games, possibly. That's about it, after years of gaming I'm pretty picky, but I"m always willing to try something new.

So how is the horizon for the Vita? Obviously the PSP was the underdog, but it still got a LOT of good games (mostly jp, but hey, if we get dragons dogma on the vita i'll be soooooooooooooold!) Is it a worthwhile investment for me?

By that I mean, upcoming, confirmed games, are there a lot of arpg's, and general RPG-goodness? or is it pretty barren and I better hold off until next year and see what's around?
---
Does it scare anybody else that the only metric Americans know, has to do with weapons? -Rampagingwalrus
#2De_Blob_XPosted 12/7/2012 3:38:05 AM
just get a 3ds.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PSP | PS3 | Wii | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439 BW2: 1593 3201 9849 name: MadHous
#3WhiteSword7Posted 12/7/2012 3:41:25 AM
De_Blob_X posted...
just get a 3ds.

No, Get a Vita

If you mean english RPG... then P4G or maybe RO and disgaea 3
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#4Blyr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:41:26 AM
and I already have a 3DS, so I was considering a Vita just to even things out.

---
Does it scare anybody else that the only metric Americans know, has to do with weapons? -Rampagingwalrus
#5WhiteSword7Posted 12/7/2012 3:42:31 AM
For the upcoming RPG game, most of them are japan only... the same goes for 3ds though...
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#6FindmeElseweyrPosted 12/7/2012 4:36:28 AM
Don't bother, doubt this thing will make it another year.
---
I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
#7blunderminePosted 12/7/2012 5:03:29 AM
I'm not going to tell you whether or not to buy one, but if you do, wait for the price drop which is coming next year.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#8RotuhiiriPosted 12/7/2012 5:29:09 AM(edited)
If you don't have enough reason to buy one now, then just wait. There are severalf games that could suit your taste in the pipeline but most of them aren't announced for a western release.

Games that will get a western release that should suit your taste:
Ys Celceta no Jukai
Soul Sacrifice
Dragon's Crown
Ragnarok Odyssey

Games that might not get western releases:
God Eater 2
Phantasy Star Online 2
Lord of Apocalypse (even if I hear the first wasn't good)
Valhalla Knights 3 (even if I hear the first two weren't that good)
Muramasa (port of the Wii game)

SRPGs have been slow so far which is weird since the PSP was a haven for those games.

It's a great console and I've played many games I enjoyed on it but if those doesn't suit your taste, then wait for a good deal at least.

Edit: Oh, and the PSP Go wasn't a new console so it really isn't something you should compare to the Vita. The PSP was and still is sold even if they cancelled a certain model of it.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#9Le_DerpstickPosted 12/7/2012 5:29:17 AM
There's lots of good stuff for the Vita coming out and already out.

In Japan.

In the West, though? Not looking good. It seems no one wants to make, or localize at least, games for it.

However, I got mine and I'm glad at the purchase, so yeah. It's up to you. It's kind of a wait and see thing for whether or not Sony will let it die off in the West.
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#10AstralFrostPosted 12/7/2012 6:09:07 AM
There are plenty of good games for the Vita:
- Persona 4 Golden
- Virtue's Last Reward
- Mortal Kombat
- Marvel vs Capcom Ultimate
- Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Uncharted Golden Abyss
- Assassin's Creed Liberation
- Blazbue Continuum Shift Extend
- Dynasty Warriors Next
- New Little King's Story
- Super Stardust Delta
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
- Disgaea 3
- Virtua Tennis 4
- Wipeout 2048
- Playstation Allstars
- Project Diva F
- Gravity Rush
- Ragnarok Odyssee

Honestly if you can't find a good game out of those or the available PSP or PS1 games, nothing else is going to convince you so don't bother. Also contrary to popular opinion there are plenty more games coming, even this month. For example:
- Stranger's Wrath HD
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed