im planning on getting the vita today with golden but will the vita last

#1antwan3344Posted 12/8/2012 12:28:13 AM
im planning on getting the vita today but will the vita last there is only 8 games coming out next year is it worth buying
#2pokemonmaster0Posted 12/8/2012 12:29:54 AM
Sony has said they planned on continuing support for the system. 3rd party support we can't really predict, it may die off if things don't pick up though =\
#3fourgigmanPosted 12/8/2012 12:30:47 AM
"Of course" - Bane
---
Contender Eliminated.
#4EseenuzPosted 12/8/2012 12:32:12 AM
Have faith anon. The future is ours to shape
#5NebulaEmpirePosted 12/8/2012 12:43:34 AM
Regardless of it lasts, if you weren't a big PSone gamer (like I wasn't), there's something like a hundred titles downloadable at relatively cheap prices (finished FF8 and started on Chrono Cross so far)..... so that should keep you occupied on the system along with whatever titles Sony releases, even if the system goes down.
#6coldwinePosted 12/8/2012 1:19:42 AM
I would say this: only buy if there are enough games *** currently in release *** to make a purchase worthwhile.

Don't assume a future.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#7-Jammo-Posted 12/8/2012 1:30:46 AM
I want Vita to rebound, I got a PSP near the end of it's life and love the crap out of it.
Please Vita pick up and give me a reason to have faith. It's sweet tech but it's floundering in the market and I'm afraid to buy a sinking ship. When a killer app comes out that draws in the masses and saves the day my faith may be restored. It's tough in the handheld market when you have App Store prices (for admittedly less deep gameplay experiences) AND a cheaper Nntend devices that has Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing and inevitable Pokemn RPG. All massive system sellers.
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#8NebulaEmpirePosted 12/8/2012 1:34:48 AM
Yeah, the system itself is easily the best handheld.... but the early titles just aren't ambitious enough and the 250 dollar price tag doesn't help :(

I think what we can see from games like CoD, Assassin's Creed, and Resistance for Vita is that the software developers weren't willing to bet big on the system.... published half-assed pieces of software, which is why the system is having issues.
#9Emperor_GestahlPosted 12/8/2012 3:02:11 AM
NebulaEmpire posted...
but the early titles just aren't ambitious enough

Man do I know what you mean. Started with a Vita. Just got 3ds and Kid Icarus and its amazing. Pushes some lovely visuals in spite of the system's limits and really utilizes 3d well. It just glows with a level of polish and care I haven't seen in any vita title. Sony needs to get a Sakurai or two of their own. Vita cannot survive on ports, multiplats, remakes and rehashes.
#10kyncaniPosted 12/8/2012 3:41:17 AM
Emperor_Gestahl posted...
Vita cannot survive on ports, multiplats, remakes and rehashes.

Hey I like ports, multiplats and remakes !
Especially since I have not played them yet or I can choose among different platforms.

@TC, I got a vita three months ago because I like the games and so far they're coming out faster than I can play them.