MGS 3 for VIta?

#21IHeartMetroidPosted 12/8/2012 12:17:29 PM
Shagyam posted...
Thinking about getting the collection.
Though I know nothing about Metal gear.

Should I start with the older Nintendo games or just start on Solid?

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but with the new trailers coming out, it's gonna speed up the process.

Don't start with the Nintendo games. They are terrible ports of the original 8 Bit Metal Gear games, not worth your time; Metal Gear started out on a Japanese system called the MSX; there were two of those in the series canon.

Luckily, you don't have to buy an MSX to play them!

The original MSX Metal Gear 1 and 2 are included as part of MGS3, which means if you get the Vita or HD console collection you get them in all their 8 bit-ness.

If you try them but can't wrap yourself around them, you can get all the essential story points in the very beginning of Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation; there is a retelling of both tales in story format in that game's extras section.

And DON'T listen to anyone who says that MG1 and 2 aren't important to the series. They don't know what they're talking about, and the events of both titles are constantly referenced, characters introduced that you are supposed to already recognize, and places talked about that they assume you know. Names like Grey Fox, Zanzibar, Big Boss, Outer Heaven- everything in the series completely revolves, expands and expounds from the specific events of those two first games.
#22alexg1989Posted 12/8/2012 12:42:04 PM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Running perfectly on PS2? Are you on crack? The 360/PS3 versions run 60FPS. If you can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 then your heads gone. And MGS3 on PS2 had tons of slowdowns. It was terrible.

The HD version on consoles is the best version. 60FPS throughout the entire game makes a huge difference. It's just a far more smoother experience. It's like when peple say Sigma on Vita is the same as the PS3 version. it's NOT. If you want a bastardized 30fPS experience of the best action game of all time go ahead but don't say it's the same game. IT's not.

HD versions of MGS3 on consoles > All other versions. There is no quality here. IT's just facts. If it doesn't matter to you fine but don't say they run perfectly. The PS2 version is unplayable for me now after the HD version.

You're splitting hairs dude. There may have been a difference, but all I am saying is that whatever difference there was wasn't significant enough to determine buying one version over another...

Slowdown? So what? You're acting like the milli-seconds of slowdown every now and again make the game unplayable. Every game has slowdowns and MGS3 on the Vita is a very smooth experience. And fyi, I don't remember any slowdown that made the game hard to play... This whole 30 fps vs 60 fps crap is just a stupid arbitrary complaint.

LOL AT TERRIBLE on the PS2. You're the one who is missing your head. But to each his own.

IMO portability at 30 fps, being able to pause cutscenes at any moment and occasional slowdown trumps 60 fps...
---
Gamertag: psvitagamer89
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#23IHeartMetroidPosted 12/8/2012 12:45:40 PM
Yep. It's not like the 3DS version of MGS3, which isn't fit to wash a dog with...
#24HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 12/8/2012 1:15:43 PM
If possible try to play MGS twin snakes for the GC....I wouldn't have appreciated 2 and 3 as much if I didn't play the first one. Then again they are all seperate stories, but at the same time connected (if you know what I mean).
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ