anyone like physical copies of games better than digital?

#1RHS_1Posted 12/8/2012 9:37:36 AM
I was going to get PSA for my PS3 but I decided to go vita instead don't get me wrong the free copy is awesome but I like physical cause it saves space

Plus I'm grinding in black ops 2 so won't have time to get it in while I'm home
---
http://www.aimini.net/view/?fid=UjaGCbm7HXUqbpMuoLXD
Official Captain Commando of the MvC3 boards!
#2kyncaniPosted 12/8/2012 9:40:39 AM
I prefer physical. That whole crossbuy business is lost on me since I'll only play the games on vita if I can, it's more convenient than a ps3.
#3FayeLadyPosted 12/8/2012 9:42:21 AM
For the Vita physical will always be the way to go. The main reason is lack of trust in Sony maintaining tools like CMA when they are a pain to use even while they are being supported. A few years down the road when I want to play a Vita game I want to just pop it in and play, not worry about signing in and being authorized by a DRM server Sony has taken offline.

A secondary advantage of this is not having to buy expensive memory cards, and being able to take advantage of a sale at different stores.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#4mmc2679Posted 12/8/2012 9:42:45 AM
I will take physical copies any day over the digital. I like the art work of the box and the way I can display the games on my shelf.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Can't believe I spelled my own name wrong. :(
#5kingofall214Posted 12/8/2012 9:48:10 AM
FayeLady posted...
For the Vita physical will always be the way to go. The main reason is lack of trust in Sony maintaining tools like CMA when they are a pain to use even while they are being supported. A few years down the road when I want to play a Vita game I want to just pop it in and play, not worry about signing in and being authorized by a DRM server Sony has taken offline.

A secondary advantage of this is not having to buy expensive memory cards, and being able to take advantage of a sale at different stores.

just so you know this has already been hacked so you won't lose your backups if sony calls it quits (very unlikely)
#6Starwars4JPosted 12/8/2012 10:02:11 AM
Absolutely, physical copies just have too many advantages for me to ever go digital unless that was literally the only way to play the game.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7skyrimer3dPosted 12/8/2012 10:04:30 AM
nope, i tend to lose them and besides I know that in the incoming years I'll probably be playing many of these games on vita3, ps5 etc, like I got to play some of the games I bought for psp go now on the vita.

Besides being able to carry 15-20 games on one device is priceless, that's one of the reasons I hated 3ds, had to carry tons of stupid cartridges everywhere, and to be able to change one game into another in a few secs is great
#8CrimsonAvatarPosted 12/8/2012 10:06:01 AM
I will always choose physical over digital, For one BIG reason.

I can trade my physical copies for store credit towards new games if i know ill never play it again. I know alot of people collect games but i kinda outgrew that when i realized that i usually 100% most games i play and going back to them seems like a chore, except for a few gems like Megaman X, MH, GE: Burst and some various RPGs.

I find DLC takes WAY too long to come out, That skyrim add on? what did that take, well over a year? by that time i already moved on to a better game (Dragons Dogma) that made skyrims fighting seems like childsplay.

Sorry guess i went on a rant lol. Physical for me! I want that trade in credit baby!
---
PSN: MaverickDV
Character: Maverick
#9FayeLadyPosted 12/8/2012 10:14:56 AM
kingofall214 posted...
FayeLady posted...

just so you know this has already been hacked so you won't lose your backups if sony calls it quits (very unlikely)

Relying on some other people to keep my games safe is just as bad as relying on Sony in my book. Its not a matter of if they call it quits, but when. How much DLC can be recovered from last gen consoles? The only thing that comes to mind are halo maps that were also sold on a physical disc. That seems pretty small in comparison to the 5, 10, or 25 year old games I can just pop in and play the same way I could when they were new.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10MetalZoicPosted 12/8/2012 11:06:19 AM
FayeLady posted...

Relying on some other people to keep my games safe is just as bad as relying on Sony in my book. Its not a matter of if they call it quits, but when. How much DLC can be recovered from last gen consoles? The only thing that comes to mind are halo maps that were also sold on a physical disc. That seems pretty small in comparison to the 5, 10, or 25 year old games I can just pop in and play the same way I could when they were new.

I can see that, but I also remember people squealing because their UMD's weren't compatible with the Vita like DD versions. All of my PSP games were DD so I have all of them on the Vita (except Patapon 3 which doesn't work yet). Hopefully you don't care about forward/future compatibility.

Personally the only time I'll buy a Vita game physical is if I'm not sure how much I'll like it, that way I can trade or sell it immediately to get rid of it. Even then I'll only keep 1 single cart at a time simply because DD is so much more convenient.

Overall I think digital just has far more benefits than physical.