anyone like physical copies of games better than digital?

#11Spiffy247Posted 12/8/2012 10:13:02 AM
I almost always prefer physical games. But I go digital with puzzle games, as I play them now and then a few minutes at a time.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#12NebulaEmpirePosted 12/8/2012 10:15:12 AM
I prefer physical games too.... somehow feels more real if you get to hold it :D

Plus I only have 8 gigs on the card :-/
#13Draconas_LyrrPosted 12/8/2012 10:19:46 AM
I prefer physical copies because it actually feels like I have something to show for my money.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#14DragonyeuwPosted 12/8/2012 10:22:14 AM(edited)
Me.

- I collect games, and prefer to see the cases displayed neatly on my shelf. Probably silly to those who couldnt care less, but YMMV....

- For games that I buy that arent necessarily worth collecting either because I have no desire to play again or there's just nothing 'collectible' about it to me (I keep rpgs and series i.e Halo, Uncharted, Gears of War, Metal Gear etc), I like to sell those games to fund new games. Obviously I cant resell digital games.

- typically I keep my handhelds in a case that holds carts. Im never in a position where I'll need to access my entire collection, as I tend to focus on one or two games at a time and one or two 'play anytime' games like Lumines or Hot Shots golf. So no, I dont need my entire collection at my disposal like some do. Again, YMMV....

Now I dont mind buying digital when its a digital only title( stardust, mutant blob attack, etc etc) but I will always buy physical if the option is there.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#15Metalsonic66Posted 12/8/2012 10:27:16 AM
Digital and Physical both have advantages and disadvantages.

I'm glad Vita cartridges are so much smaller than UMDs, though. Makes it a lot easier to carry multiple games around.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
#16MikeugamePosted 12/8/2012 10:27:46 AM
I prefer digital same for movies ect.., it's easy to get on and play don't have to worry about scratching the disc or having disc or whatever get stuck inside as well as being able to redownload everything if stuff get stolen, people that prefer physical you'll probably change your mind if every single physical game of yours get stolen.
---
I'm just saying
#17EffectAndCausePosted 12/8/2012 10:31:10 AM
Vita feels like it's more meant to be digital, especially with the convenience of portable downloading. It's my first all digital system.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hdruqq.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/wqr38o.gif
#18AiuchiFanboiPosted 12/8/2012 12:01:28 PM
Im a collector/player so I always prefer physical to digital except in cases of handhelds. Its so much easier to have digital on a handheld that is traveling around, then it is to mess with small carts.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/ Psikyo till the day I die
#19JulesNeciPosted 12/8/2012 12:09:17 PM
I've always liked physical better. I like to own the box and the box art and everything.
The thought of having everything in one memory card, on the go does sound tempting, but I've always opted for going physical.
I never sell my games back (too lazy to). I love having all of the boxes stack up on the shelf - makes a girl happy.
#20alexg1989Posted 12/8/2012 12:16:47 PM
FayeLady posted...
kingofall214 posted...
FayeLady posted...
For the Vita physical will always be the way to go. The main reason is lack of trust in Sony maintaining tools like CMA when they are a pain to use even while they are being supported. A few years down the road when I want to play a Vita game I want to just pop it in and play, not worry about signing in and being authorized by a DRM server Sony has taken offline.

A secondary advantage of this is not having to buy expensive memory cards, and being able to take advantage of a sale at different stores.

just so you know this has already been hacked so you won't lose your backups if sony calls it quits (very unlikely)

Relying on some other people to keep my games safe is just as bad as relying on Sony in my book. Its not a matter of if they call it quits, but when. How much DLC can be recovered from last gen consoles? The only thing that comes to mind are halo maps that were also sold on a physical disc. That seems pretty small in comparison to the 5, 10, or 25 year old games I can just pop in and play the same way I could when they were new.

That is a nice feature but DD will never work for me unless there is guarantee that the sites hosting these games will not go down, and if they do will not affect me like the PSN outage of last year. But that can not be guaranteed.

The best route would be a combination of both physical and digital media. What I mean is Sony and other gaming companies should allow players to buy their carts/discs and then transfer those game files onto a memory card.

That doesn't necessarily have to allow for piracy if Sony secures it. Its entirely possible if basement devs were able to allow that feature on the PSP... All I need to do is buy a PSP UMD game, put it in the PSP... run the transfer plugin and then just wait a few minutes while the PSP transfers the game from the UMD into the memory stick... works perfectly...

I have a ton of PSP games on my 32 gig memory stick, and I also have them as UMDs in a cabinet and if asked, I'll even provide a picture for proof that I'm not pirating them...
I
---
Gamertag: psvitagamer89
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com