anyone like physical copies of games better than digital?

#41lxcainxlPosted 12/8/2012 2:20:50 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
lxcainxl posted...
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Pc is the only thing where I have more digital. Mostly because it's far cheaper with the constant sales which most other platforms lack.
Also have a TB to work with instead of 32GBs.

PC you are forced Digital due to DRM and lincense for most games. When you buy a physical PC game you are actually buying a code for the digital game most of the time. So Physical games on PC are very rare. Sure there s box but you cannot simply resell it. This is not the case for all PC games but is for most.

I wouldn't say that.

Come to think of it... I don't think ANY of the PC games I have are packaging with a download code. Not a single one. :\

I don't think he means it like that, it's more like, you know how you buy a computer game, and you have the code printed on the CD booklet or what have you? It's more for validation, rather than download the whole thing, kind of thing.
At least I think that is what they are saying.

Ah, so you to say, "cd-keys". Well, some of them have these. Maybe around. . . 1/4 of mine. 1/3 tops.
---
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Signatures are a waste of time and space; that is why I am leaving mine blank.
#42gamewizard11Posted 12/8/2012 2:22:06 PM
Physical, because Sony bloody overcharges way too much for their proprietary memory format.
---
don't have a waifu. 2D is just too mainstream and 1D is not even visible.
#43LittleBraverPosted 12/8/2012 2:23:41 PM
Prefer Physical because it can goes to a collection or just the fact that the artwork of the case is awesome. Prefer digital only if can't find the physical anymore or cost.
#44Afrotastic_JPosted 12/8/2012 3:05:11 PM
Fine with either, but prefer physical.
---
"I... am... KROGAN!" -- Urdnot Grunt
#45DjSparx162Posted 12/8/2012 3:09:40 PM
i have PS+ so y collection is half and half, i have a few physical games, and a few digital, o prefer digital though, if I'm playing something and want to switch between that and another game i can do it with ease in a few seconds without fumbling around with cartridges and such.

i get why people do like physical, but with handheld games, i generally play then several times, also with the plus thing i get new games every month, some i've played, some i haven't if i've played them i'll pass the cartridge version to my missus so she has a copy when its a co-op or multiplayer game.
#46JartenPosted 12/8/2012 3:14:57 PM
I prefer hard copies because it provides a sense of security in the very unlikely event of the games I bought being wiped off the services that provided them. I know that I only buy the licenses to play the games but it also gives me a sense of ownership because I can hold them.
#47TrygonTBDPosted 12/8/2012 4:24:06 PM
Oh god, digital every time. What is this noise about Sony taking their servers offline? You guys think the internet is a passing fad? My -grandchildren- will have my PSN account.

Not to mention that buying digital makes every game a BOGO. My good buddy, his girlfriend gave him her PS3, as she's an XBox fan. He doesn't have money for games, really, so I gave him my login, and now he has access to my 300+ purchased and PS+ games.

As far as the Vita specifically goes, now that the Content Manager supports wirelessly copying games stored on my PC, my 4 gig card isn't even much of a bother. As soon as I get a new game, I put a backup on my PC. Then, whenever I want to 'change games', instead of swapping a physical cart, I just delete some games and recopy others from my box.

Not to mention that a digital download will never be lost, stolen, stepped on, etc...
#48twiggy90Posted 12/8/2012 8:08:42 PM
TrygonTBD posted...
Oh god, digital every time. What is this noise about Sony taking their servers offline? You guys think the internet is a passing fad? My -grandchildren- will have my PSN account.

Not to mention that buying digital makes every game a BOGO. My good buddy, his girlfriend gave him her PS3, as she's an XBox fan. He doesn't have money for games, really, so I gave him my login, and now he has access to my 300+ purchased and PS+ games.

As far as the Vita specifically goes, now that the Content Manager supports wirelessly copying games stored on my PC, my 4 gig card isn't even much of a bother. As soon as I get a new game, I put a backup on my PC. Then, whenever I want to 'change games', instead of swapping a physical cart, I just delete some games and recopy others from my box.

Not to mention that a digital download will never be lost, stolen, stepped on, etc...

lol you put way too much faith in SONY, your account will not be there forever......dumbass
---
chihuahua power
#49TrygonTBDPosted 12/8/2012 8:40:25 PM
twiggy90 posted...
TrygonTBD posted...

lol you put way too much faith in SONY, your account will not be there forever......dumbass

You should really read the T&C for PSN service, coupled with recent legal rulings worldwide re:ownership of 'cloud data'
#50FayeLadyPosted 12/8/2012 9:26:03 PM
TrygonTBD posted...
twiggy90 posted...
TrygonTBD posted...

You should really read the T&C for PSN service, coupled with recent legal rulings worldwide re:ownership of 'cloud data'

Data you own that is stored on someone else's server (Flickr, Gmail) is very different from Data you license that is stored on someone else's server (PSN).

Furthermore, You only need to look back a year to see that Sony's digital network is not only non permanent, its very fallible. CMA in particular needs a connection to Sony to transfer a game. This assumes the user will always have an internet connection and it also assumes Sony will always be there. Both are gambles.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.