anyone like physical copies of games better than digital?

#51RetroFanGirlPosted 12/8/2012 9:35:47 PM
I like physical best, I only give digital a free pass on handhelds really.
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77
#52Ivajosh10Posted 12/8/2012 10:12:15 PM
Hurricane Sandy destroyed a bunch of houses over here in Long Island, friend lost his man cave with almost every console and 25 years of games (3 feet of water). Only reason I've started going Digital, I'll protest with everyone if Sony does screw it's fans over.
---
PSN: Ivajosh; GT: Ivajosh90; Steam: Ivajosh
#53Ivajosh10Posted 12/8/2012 10:15:41 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
pokemonmaster0 posted...
Pc is the only thing where I have more digital. Mostly because it's far cheaper with the constant sales which most other platforms lack.
Also have a TB to work with instead of 32GBs.

See, for me PC, or rather Steam specifically doesn't work, because of their "You must ALWAYS be connected to the internet for this to work!" attitude, even for games that are pretty old. Blizzard is doing a lot of the same thing. I am just not always places where there is internet, so... yeah, can't do it.

Just an FYI, Steam finally implemented REAL offline play. I constantly lose my internet connection but Steam's offline mode doesn't require a connection anymore as long as you've been logged in. (Can't go to another account [I think, never tried changing accounts offline])
---
PSN: Ivajosh; GT: Ivajosh90; Steam: Ivajosh
#54TinyTim123Posted 12/8/2012 11:27:30 PM
Ivajosh10 posted...
Just an FYI, Steam finally implemented REAL offline play. I constantly lose my internet connection but Steam's offline mode doesn't require a connection anymore as long as you've been logged in. (Can't go to another account [I think, never tried changing accounts offline])

Does that mean I have to log in before starting the game, then not need to be on the net at all, or just have logged in in the past, and can turn my laptop on, no net required and play?

If the second, this makes me much more interested again. Otherwise, I'm gonna stick to my old fashioned silver discs.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#55youngskillzPosted 12/9/2012 11:02:03 PM
digital is near worthless, expecially at the price most the games are being sold at.

almost same as physical.

not worth it, waste of money and memory card space.

but to each his own.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.