Congradulations on Soundshapes beating NSMB 2 to win handheld GOTY

#31NnamzPosted 12/8/2012 8:31:43 PM
-Equinox- posted...

Don't be obtuse.

Then you say:

Sales don't matter when they are bad, sales do matter when they are good. Well, that's according to this board.

Since when am I the board? Read what I was responding to. Nobody said anything about anything not mattering. I responded to someone saying Sales > Awards by saying neither make me enjoy the games more (NSMB2's sales did not make it a great game, and neither do Sound Shapes awards).

Follow your own advice.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#32FindmeElseweyrPosted 12/8/2012 8:34:27 PM
lol, this topic.

lol.
---
I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
#33-Equinox-Posted 12/8/2012 8:39:09 PM
Nnamz posted...
-Equinox- posted...

Don't be obtuse.

Then you say:

Sales don't matter when they are bad, sales do matter when they are good. Well, that's according to this board.

Since when am I the board? Read what I was responding to. Nobody said anything about anything not mattering. I responded to someone saying Sales > Awards by saying neither make me enjoy the games more (NSMB2's sales did not make it a great game, and neither do Sound Shapes awards).

Follow your own advice.

I'm sorry I quoted you by mistake, I meant to quote the poster above you.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden(Vita) Style Savvy: Trendsetters(3DS) The Vita Board: Where statistics, facts, owning both systems and opinions are trolling.
#34NiMHPosted 12/8/2012 8:43:37 PM
It's good that Sound Shapes won. It's original, brilliantly designed, and has replay potential going for it.

That said. I personally didn't get in to this game. I've had it since it was released, and literally just finished it the other night, and I still haven't played any user made levels. I wouldn't have voted for it, but I think it's good an original game like it won, and not another 2D Mario cash in.

Not trying to hate on Mario, just these re-releases of the DS Mario Bros. game.
---
PSN: ShamefulDust
#35TheExiled280Posted 12/8/2012 8:44:11 PM
@ -Equinox-
wasn't bragging, just proving a point. I personally think its a travesty that CoD sold more than Uncharted GA, GR and P4G
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#36Devil_wings00Posted 12/8/2012 8:50:41 PM
Ya wait since when did the VGA's matter? People actually take who wins at the VGA as some sort of actual accolade worth celebrating? It's a giant corporate wa*k fest to debut trailers and perpetuate every negative gaming stereotype imaginable. I wouldn't get to excited about what game's win what awards at the VGA's ;p Didn't CoD win one year (post CoD 4 when they have been more or less the same game every year)? I mean don't get me wrong not a CoD hater but game of the year? Really?
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#37NiMHPosted 12/8/2012 8:59:36 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Ya wait since when did the VGA's matter? People actually take who wins at the VGA as some sort of actual accolade worth celebrating? It's a giant corporate wa*k fest to debut trailers and perpetuate every negative gaming stereotype imaginable. I wouldn't get to excited about what game's win what awards at the VGA's ;p Didn't CoD win one year (post CoD 4 when they have been more or less the same game every year)? I mean don't get me wrong not a CoD hater but game of the year? Really?

No it doesn't matter, because ultimately your own opinion is what matters to you. But I think it's worth acknowledging. If there is a majority of people out there that like it then I think congratulations are in order.
---
PSN: ShamefulDust
#38Devil_wings00Posted 12/8/2012 9:10:27 PM
NiMH posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...

No it doesn't matter, because ultimately your own opinion is what matters to you. But I think it's worth acknowledging. If there is a majority of people out there that like it then I think congratulations are in order.

I'm not saying it's not worth acknowledging because of opinion or whatever I'm saying the VGA's as a whole should be irreverent to anyone who loves games. It's that thing that supposed to be this big deal and show everyone outside the circle what gaming is all about but the stuff they do is just god awful. It's supposed to represent gamers but it makes all gamers look like bloody foaming at the mouth ADD teenagers to anyone watching that isn't drinking the koolade. It makes gaming as a hobby look like a circus sideshow. It should be shunned not celebrated. It's everything that a bunch of old men who give gaming a cursory look think it is encapsulated into a few hours. I thought it would disappear by now after reading that the ratings were abysmal a few years ago. I guess it made a comeback ugh.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#39zzamaroPosted 12/8/2012 9:21:29 PM
3 vita games won over a 3ds game? Wow.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#40deathgod_lightPosted 12/8/2012 9:32:35 PM
That's like beating a wheelchair-bound kid in basketball. It's just not fair.
---
http://i.imgur.com/l2Zsn.jpg