Congradulations on Soundshapes beating NSMB 2 to win handheld GOTY

#71Enigma149Posted 12/9/2012 9:15:50 AM
Caliaztec posted...
squatch22 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Caliaztec posted...
duffloes posted...
Having played Sound Shapes (to Platinum) and not NSMB, I'm going to disagree with the award. Sound Shapes is fun and all, but there's not much there and I don't feel that collecting notes really adds as much to the song as people suggest. But Mario, well, it's more Mario!

This is why they don't care about story and making the game largely better. They can just polish his turds for you and make it a sequel. You haven't even played the damn Mario game and you said this!

EDIT: I hate hate hate hate hate to generalize but with Nintendo fans I honestly believe you can quote his bolded and change Mario to any N mascot or Nintendo and that holds true to every fan regardless if they want to admit it or not.

Yet Sony is criticized on every step of the way. Just something I've come to notice and funny to finally see it in writing.

Funny - in my viewpoint, Nintendo is criticized far more than Sony.

For example, when Nintendo chose to include only a small amount of memory in the Wii U, and allow people to upgrade it via external HDDs, they were called "cheap", yet when Sony decided to use mandatory proprietary memory cards for the Vita, all the Sony fans began shouting, "But the PSP's memory cards were just as expensive! That automatically makes Sony right!".

When a Nintendo console sells badly, it's because it didn't appeal to gamers; when it sells well, it's because it only appealed to "casuals" and not "true gamers". When the 3DS sold poorly at launch, everyone was predicting the death of the system; when the Vita sold worse at the same price, there was a grand total of 2 "The Vita Might Fail" articles online.

When a Nintendo game gets rated well by critics, it's because the critics are either biased by Nostalgia or were paid off Nintendo; when a Nintendo game does poorly, it's because the critics have "seen the light". Likewise, when a Sony game does well, it's because the game is genuinely good; when it does poorly, it's because the reviewer was bought out by Microsoft.

This criticism spreads to the fans, too. When a Sony fan says they're excited for Persona 4 Golden, they get defended. When a Nintendo fan says they're excited for any sequel, they immediately get criticized and called a "Nintendrone".

Hell, at one point, posting sales numbers for the Vita was considered a moddable offense on this board, but on the Wii U board, unless you tell someone to commit suicide, you're free to do whatever you want!...And if you do tell someone to commit suicide, your post will be modded, but don't expect a Karma loss.

This. Massive double standards.

Really!? You're one of the biggest in the pool of only bashes Sony and never comments on anything the other companies do. Many of you spend your days only here posting negativity about the Vita and Sony yet your fingers will never write on something bad Nintendo does. You sir have got to be kidding!

So he as double-standards of his own. That doesn't change the fact that Nintendo and Nintendo fans are criticized far more than Sony and Sony fans.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#72CaliaztecPosted 12/9/2012 9:23:54 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Caliaztec posted...
squatch22 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Caliaztec posted...
duffloes posted...
This is why they don't care about story and making the game largely better. They can just polish his turds for you and make it a sequel. You haven't even played the damn Mario game and you said this!

EDIT: I hate hate hate hate hate to generalize but with Nintendo fans I honestly believe you can quote his bolded and change Mario to any N mascot or Nintendo and that holds true to every fan regardless if they want to admit it or not.

Yet Sony is criticized on every step of the way. Just something I've come to notice and funny to finally see it in writing.

Funny - in my viewpoint, Nintendo is criticized far more than Sony.

For example, when Nintendo chose to include only a small amount of memory in the Wii U, and allow people to upgrade it via external HDDs, they were called "cheap", yet when Sony decided to use mandatory proprietary memory cards for the Vita, all the Sony fans began shouting, "But the PSP's memory cards were just as expensive! That automatically makes Sony right!".

When a Nintendo console sells badly, it's because it didn't appeal to gamers; when it sells well, it's because it only appealed to "casuals" and not "true gamers". When the 3DS sold poorly at launch, everyone was predicting the death of the system; when the Vita sold worse at the same price, there was a grand total of 2 "The Vita Might Fail" articles online.

When a Nintendo game gets rated well by critics, it's because the critics are either biased by Nostalgia or were paid off Nintendo; when loss.

This. Massive double standards.

Really!? You're one of the biggest in the pool of only bashes Sony and never comments on anything the other companies do. Many of you spend your days only here posting negativity about the Vita and Sony yet your fingers will never write on something bad Nintendo does. You sir have got to be kidding!

So he as double-standards of his own. That doesn't change the fact that Nintendo and Nintendo fans are criticized far more than Sony and Sony fans.

You are right there with him. While not a troll you do come here and it seems your majority of posts are solely to White Knight any comments about Nintendo and either make it =\= or seem like you guys have it worst yet the only person here being quoted saying a game is good and should've won GOTY! Oh btw I never played it but hey it's a Mario.

Replace that with Drake, Sly, or some other Sony mascot and you'd be the biggest joke on gamefaqs. Yet you can insert any N mascot and there and sure enough a million people will probably agree with you. Don't spout about double standards when you do nothing here but praise and defend Nintendo on a Sony Vita board yet will never post when Sony is being lied about or misrepresented in posts on this board. I enjoy Nintendo but I'm not on your boards white knighting Sony and the few of you here are just as detrimental as the trolls IMO.
---
Playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted on Vita add me!
PSN: Caliaztec
#73Sho_Minamimoto_Posted 12/9/2012 9:39:40 AM
That doesn't change the fact that Nintendo and Nintendo fans are criticized far more than Sony and Sony fans.

No they're not. Saying something good about Sony or one of his products equals giving a selected few a free pass to insult you. Just look for the magic words: "Vitassurance", "Ponies", "Sony employees". At least one of these will be thrown around on any topic saying something remotely positive about anything that can be traced to Sony by bigots who defend their actions saying "they trolled another board, we didn't like it so we'll troll this one". I've seen more people on this board getting flamed and trolled for saying something nice about a Sony product/game than for saying something nice about a Nintendo product/game. Take off your 1-UP glasses, look around and try again.
---
SINE! COSINE! TANGENT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4xPatGKA
#74squatch22Posted 12/9/2012 9:43:53 AM
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...
Just look for the magic words: "Vitassurance", "Ponies", "Sony employees". At least one of these will be thrown around on any topic saying something remotely positive about anything that can be traced to Sony....

Just look for the magic words:
Nintendorone
Nintenyearold
Nintidiot

etc...
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#75Enigma149Posted 12/9/2012 9:54:40 AM(edited)
Caliaztec posted...
You are right there with him. While not a troll you do come here and it seems your majority of posts are solely to White Knight any comments about Nintendo and either make it =\= or seem like you guys have it worst yet the only person here being quoted saying a game is good and should've won GOTY! Oh btw I never played it but hey it's a Mario.

Replace that with Drake, Sly, or some other Sony mascot and you'd be the biggest joke on gamefaqs. Yet you can insert any N mascot and there and sure enough a million people will probably agree with you. Don't spout about double standards when you do nothing here but praise and defend Nintendo on a Sony Vita board yet will never post when Sony is being lied about or misrepresented in posts on this board. I enjoy Nintendo but I'm not on your boards white knighting Sony and the few of you here are just as detrimental as the trolls IMO.

You wouldn't have any examples of me "white knighting" Nintendo on the Vita board, would you? How about me praising Nintendo on a Sony board and not defending Sony when they're being lied about? Trust me - I just looked. I can't really find anything.

I did, however, find this, where I praise the Vita as being a good system (though admit it probably won't sell well):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-/62286040

And this, where I point out that the Vita ought-to-be the go-to system for platformer fans:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64023048/716631612

But most of what I post consists of bad jokes, like this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-/63608969

Also, it's only natural I come to the Vita board - I'm planning to buy a Vita (mind you, after the first price-drop).

*****EDIT*****
To be clear, I'm not saying that Sony isn't criticized and that Nintendo fanboys don't like to troll this board...I'm just saying it's considerably worse on the Wii U board than it is here.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#76duffloesPosted 12/9/2012 10:05:33 AM(edited)
Caliaztec posted...
duffloes posted...
Having played Sound Shapes (to Platinum) and not NSMB, I'm going to disagree with the award. Sound Shapes is fun and all, but there's not much there and I don't feel that collecting notes really adds as much to the song as people suggest. But Mario, well, it's more Mario!

To point out, I own a PS3 and Vita, but neither the 3DS or Wii U. I grew up a huge Nintendo fan and know what to expect from them now with their first party games, and that's all I want from them. If ever I bought those systems, they would be Mario and Zelda boxes.

I'm saying this knowing exactly what NSMB 2 will be and what Sound Shapes is. I did not find the latter that impressive, and check my PSN (loesjoel) to know that I've played it and know what I'm talking about.

Nintendo simply does not make the hardware or ecosystem I want to play games on. But I will always want (but no longer do) to play their internally developed games.

If that somehow still boils down to fanboy or troll, then we can be done talking about it.

EDIT: and one last thing, Sound Shapes should not have been anywhere near GOTY discussions, in my opinion. I would also wager NSMB 2 shouldn't have been, either, but it's worth pointing out that my particular tastes certainly don't line up with the VGA's and that's perfectly fine with me.
---
Everyone on GameFAQ's should be nice to one another.
#77Sho_Minamimoto_Posted 12/9/2012 10:01:01 AM
Just look for the magic words: "Vitassurance", "Ponies", "Sony employees". At least one of these will be thrown around on any topic saying something remotely positive about anything that can be traced to Sony....

Nintendorone
Nintenyearold
Nintidiot

etc...

No one is being called a "Nintendorone", "Nintenyearold" or "Nintidiot" on this topic. Whatever point you were trying to make, you failed.
---
SINE! COSINE! TANGENT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4xPatGKA
#78Red_ZarPosted 12/9/2012 10:02:51 AM
Sound Shapes... really? A game that can also be played on the PS3? No wonder the Vita gets no recognition or that game that can sell the system.

IMO NSMB2 and Sound Shapes shouln't have been there, replace them with Kid Icarus and RE: Revelations and you have better choices.
---
PSN ID and Gamertag: Zarckoh
#79squatch22Posted 12/9/2012 10:03:23 AM

Nintendorone
Nintenyearold
Nintidiot

etc...

No one is being called a "Nintendorone", "Nintenyearold" or "Nintidiot" on this topic. Whatever point you were trying to make, you failed.

Didnt say it happened in THIS topic...
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#80kingofall214Posted 12/9/2012 10:09:38 AM(edited)
squatch22 posted...

Nintendorone
Nintenyearold
Nintidiot

etc...

no vitasurrence is a term used to insult anyone who likes the vita or it's games. the examples you listed are terms used to describe trolls who favor nintendo. I have never seen those terms used when someone says x nintendo game is good. I only see those terms used when someone says "LOL VITA is a flopity flop 3ds is out selling it 46 to 1 LOLZ "

edit- you do get the occasional idiot who misuses a term.