Question about sharing game carts.

#1BlinkYouOutPosted 12/9/2012 4:39:03 AM
If i were to share my game cart with a friend, would my save file be lost in the process if he plays the game on his vita? From my knowledge, the gamesave is located in the cart itself right?
#2Raven236Posted 12/9/2012 4:42:50 AM(edited)
Mostly they are on your memory card....
The downside is your friend cant earn any throphies...

Unless if i am not mistaken you delete the game icon on your vita (Which also deletes your save files since they are all tied to the games icon/app)
And sync to the server once deleted.
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
#3BlinkYouOut(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 4:54:14 AM
Raven236 posted...

Unless if i am not mistaken you delete the game icon on your vita (Which also deletes your save files since they are all tied to the games icon/app)

I dont know about deleting the icon and syncing it because I've bought a used game before and when i start it up theres a message saying something about not being able to save or earn trophies unless i delete all data from the cart(im not really 100% sure if thats accurate,cant recall).
#4Raven236Posted 12/9/2012 5:10:00 AM
BlinkYouOut posted...
Raven236 posted...

I dont know about deleting the icon and syncing it because I've bought a used game before and when i start it up theres a message saying something about not being able to save or earn trophies unless i delete all data from the cart(im not really 100% sure if thats accurate,cant recall).

I belive its the orginal owner that must remove the icon from their vita, i could be wrong.
Never bought a used vita game before, but a friend of mine could not earn any throphies in uncharted. (which i lent him)
---
#5RagnarokxvPosted 12/9/2012 5:42:19 AM
What happened to stand alone carts that function properly for every owner? There is not going to be a market for used Vita games, this is terrible.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#6Raven236Posted 12/9/2012 5:46:18 AM(edited)
Ragnarokxv posted...
What happened to stand alone carts that function properly for every owner? There is not going to be a market for used Vita games, this is terrible.

Ilmm pretty sure Microsoft and Sony both want to get rid of that market.

720 is rummoed to be not compilable with used games.
And Sony has the online pass system.
---
#7defunct32Posted 12/9/2012 5:51:11 AM
Me and my brother share our Vita game cards, only the first player as in the first ever person who initiated the game can earn trophies, if the second or subsequent person wishes to earn trophies then they will have to delete the icon on the Vita by holding down on the Vita screen and click on the ... sign and choose "Delete." you can then earn trophies, saved data(s)/progress will be lost.
#8BikeaLossPosted 12/9/2012 6:46:20 AM
lol @ Sony's politics. No region lock, but neighbourhood lock, so predictable.
#9paulboh2remakePosted 12/9/2012 6:53:12 AM
whats the point of trophy when they dont give u any new content??

just for completion/high-score sake?
---
PSN: SirrusBoh
#10defunct32Posted 12/9/2012 7:29:34 AM
paulboh2remake posted...
whats the point of trophy when they dont give u any new content??

just for completion/high-score sake?

For the perfectionist, go-getter and the show-offers.