Question about sharing game carts.

#11SuperVegito2487Posted 12/9/2012 7:46:19 AM
paulboh2remake posted...
whats the point of trophy when they dont give u any new content??

just for completion/high-score sake?

Yes and for replayabillity, it started with achievements.

For consoles the 360 was the first to do it ultimatum wise, some of the requirements are stuff you wouldnt normally do and atleast 3 games on the 360 (just 2 on ps3 atm) gives in-game bonusses as well, the mass effect trilogy
---
http://www.xkcd.com/609/ GT SuperVegitoFAN
This is why Chrome isnt as good as people says.
#12BlinkYouOut(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 11:08:10 AM
defunct32 posted...
Me and my brother share our Vita game cards, only the first player as in the first ever person who initiated the game can earn trophies, if the second or subsequent person wishes to earn trophies then they will have to delete the icon on the Vita by holding down on the Vita screen and click on the ... sign and choose "Delete." you can then earn trophies, saved data(s)/progress will be lost.

This is all i need to know. Thanks.
#13TheDarkNerdPosted 12/9/2012 11:12:18 AM
Do note that some games save to the game cart and others to the memory card. If you want to check what it is for a particular game, before you go wiping any save files, go into Edit mode and click on their Information. Games that save to the game cart won't have a size.

Also, a game like Ragnarok Odyssey, even though it saves to the cart, allows you to back up your save files to a central server.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#14SuperVegito2487Posted 12/9/2012 1:49:19 PM
^Neat but i would like to mention its a severe few that does save to cart, i havent seen any i think they can be counted on one hand but dont take it for keeps, im no expert on the vita.
---
http://www.xkcd.com/609/ GT SuperVegitoFAN
This is why Chrome isnt as good as people says.
#15BlinkYouOut(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 11:08:45 PM
TheDarkNerd posted...
Do note that some games save to the game cart and others to the memory card. If you want to check what it is for a particular game, before you go wiping any save files, go into Edit mode and click on their Information. Games that save to the game cart won't have a size.

Also, a game like Ragnarok Odyssey, even though it saves to the cart, allows you to back up your save files to a central server.

Sweet info! Thanks ^^
#16ITPPosted 12/10/2012 12:57:15 AM
Actually, from what I've seen games that save to the cart will also keep a copy of that save on the unit, meaning that if you delete the save from a different Vita so that another person would be able to get trophies on it, your save will stay intact.

And lol at people calling this a "lock", this system is there to prevent earning trophies off of a friend's save file, and does not prevent anything being done with the game aside from trophy earning on a non-clean save to prevent abuse.
#17SCCAN85Posted 12/10/2012 1:20:27 AM
So if I own Uncharted but my gf played it first i can't earn trophies?

Or would she have to delete her game save or game data off her Vita before I could? That's very strange
---
PSN: Canqb5
Currently Playing:SSF4, DJ Hero, GTA4, WKC, Buzz Quiz World & a bunch more
#18ITPPosted 12/10/2012 2:10:11 AM
Uncharted should not be affected by this, it doesn't save to the cart.

But if it did, you would simply have to manually delete the bubble that's copied to your vita when you insert the game to delete the save data on it, then take it out of the vita and put it back in.

Your GF would still have a copy of her save on her unit, so she wouldn't be affected.