Sony VITA screen warranty sucks!

#11TLR_Posted 12/9/2012 4:34:15 PM
Topics like these make me feel like I should sell my Vita before it loses even more value... and never buy a device with an OLED screen again.
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
#12RD_21Posted 12/9/2012 4:34:20 PM
My Vita has those lines too, maybe it's defective but everyone around here said it was normal. May not be as bad as yours, but then again it's hard to tell since you zoomed so much on the pic.
#13j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 4:47:15 PM
deathpapaya posted...
Return/replace it Via amazon.

IDK anymore.. I've read worse cases could happen and frequent too.

There was this one guy that had his unit replaced 7 times.. Choose: vertical lines, worse black splotches, yellow tinting, dust in screen, squeaky buttons.. OMG! >.<

@kyncani:

Yes. I've read that there are actually units that don't exhibit this BUT ZERO proof (no pictures on images with lots/solid gray/red/brown tones.

The nearest I could fine was a 99% perfect OLED screen from a poster on XDA forums in his OLED cellphone. No vertical lines.

That's why I am skeptic. There's zero PROOF for in the VITA case.

There were 2 people who took the time to help me and took pictures of their system but WAS NOT directly comparable to my shots.. so yeah.. I'm not gonna be rude and tell them to do more for me further.

@Ryuu

Yes get a store warranty NOT SONY. GOD NO. Unless the ACCIDENT Plan covers it.

Visit this official site and read:

http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3745/~/ps-vita-picture-problems

"Are there any lines or spiderweb like effects on the screen?
If there are lines or spiderweb effects on the screen, this indicated that the PS Vita screen is damaged. The system is considered out of warranty and will need service. Check out our cracked screen article to learn how to identify if your screen is cracked."

HUWAT JUH FUHH?!

@TLR_:

U have no idea. Just google "PS VITA screen lines" "Playstation VITA screen lines" "VITA vertical lines" "AMOLED lines".

Jeez.. Sony and Sammy skimped out. There's actually a fab technique to prevent this.. guess they opted out of it.. maybe too expensive.

@RD_21:

Can't blame you for thinking that. At least 50% from 5 different forums I've posted said it was normal.. I wish I was damned rich and pull a class action law suit xD

You can say that your eyes are better than my camera.. If I hadn't zoomed in, you'd say it's PERFECT:

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/tuberoako777/PS%20VITA%20Screen%20Problem/DSC01805.jpg

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/tuberoako777/DSC01831.jpg

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/tuberoako777/DSC01828.jpg

U know what's awesome? There hasn't been an official response from Sony.
#14TinyTim123Posted 12/9/2012 4:54:07 PM(edited)
RD_21 posted...
My Vita has those lines too, maybe it's defective but everyone around here said it was normal. May not be as bad as yours, but then again it's hard to tell since you zoomed so much on the pic.

Yeah, if mine has them, I haven't noticed at all. Nor does mine have any appreciable Mura, nor dead pixels. I think I got really REALLY lucky with mine. =|
Sorry for your luck TC, and I would seriously consider returning it through Amazon for a replacement. They are pretty good about that kind of stuff, usually.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#15j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 4:54:17 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
RD_21 posted...

Yeah, if mines has them, I haven't noticed at all. Nor does mine have any appreciable Mura, nor dead pixels. I think I got really REALLY lucky with mine. =|
Sorry for your luck TC, and I would seriously consider returning it through Amazon for a replacement. They are pretty good about that kind of stuff, usually.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

Amazon told me to contact Sony first.. So I did.

But after researching for 5 days.. I feel like it ain't worth the hassle.. UNLESS amazon does it my way where they send the unit first and let me decide w/c to keep.
#16kyncaniPosted 12/9/2012 5:47:40 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
Yes. I've read that there are actually units that don't exhibit this BUT ZERO proof (no pictures on images with lots/solid gray/red/brown tones.
The nearest I could fine was a 99% perfect OLED screen from a poster on XDA forums in his OLED cellphone. No vertical lines.
There were 2 people who took the time to help me and took pictures of their system but WAS NOT directly comparable to my shots.. so yeah.. I'm not gonna be rude and tell them to do more for me further.

Oh I certainly did not test it against various pictures with different forms and colors.
I just went to the ps store, which is somehow plain blue, and looked for vertical lines with my own two eyes.
I can tell that the vita screen and the 3ds small screen are different but that's it :/
#17j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:04:10 PM
kyncani posted...
j2zon2591 posted...

Oh I certainly did not test it against various pictures with different forms and colors.
I just went to the ps store, which is somehow plain blue, and looked for vertical lines with my own two eyes.
I can tell that the vita screen and the 3ds small screen are different but that's it :/

Thanks for the response! Yeah.. I've seen the 3DS screen on stores as well.. looks pretty meh as far as colors go but the 3D effect can be entertaining.
#18NovaCastPosted 12/9/2012 6:12:19 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
RD_21 posted...

Yeah, if mines has them, I haven't noticed at all. Nor does mine have any appreciable Mura, nor dead pixels. I think I got really REALLY lucky with mine. =|

But after researching for 5 days.. I feel like it ain't worth the hassle.. UNLESS amazon does it my way where they send the unit first and let me decide w/c to keep.

Amazon is good on returns if something is defective. I am sure they will issue you a replacement if you are not satisfied.

However you have idiotic demands on how you want them to handle it ''your way''. It doesn't work that way you return the item first then they issue you a replacement afterwards. First of all they pay return shipping charges for you, they aren't going to send you a replacement before you ship back the other one.

They are a big company yes, but don't expect these people ( or any other company) to pamper you, to ask for them to send you a replacement unit and still '' make up your mind'' later is foolish and still have the original one in your possession.
---
#19j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:48:49 PM
NovaCast posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
RD_21 posted...

Amazon is good on returns if something is defective. I am sure they will issue you a replacement if you are not satisfied.

However you have idiotic demands on how you want them to handle it ''your way''. It doesn't work that way you return the item first then they issue you a replacement afterwards. First of all they pay return shipping charges for you, they aren't going to send you a replacement before you ship back the other one.

They are a big company yes, but don't expect these people ( or any other company) to pamper you, to ask for them to send you a replacement unit and still '' make up your mind'' later is foolish and still have the original one in your possession.

I will try to get back on you with that. It wasn't my original idea but a poster on EU ps forum. That's how Amazon handled his issue.

Please, I am not lying. I'll try finding it again. My bookmarks messed up with all these research i've been doing and I am not exactly a very focused person.

I'd even go as far as buying the same bundle again but assure me full refund when I send it back and not as an open box item with restocking fees.

It actually saves them time and money instead of processing my item first and they can just keep the money if I fail to send back.
#20j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:00:20 PM
AHA!:

Amazon is KING!

[quote]Hello,

I'm sorry about the problem you had with your item. This usually doesn't happen.

However I'll make things right for you. I've placed a new order for you at no charge. Here are the details:
[/quote]

If this one still has the same vertical lines. I'll be relieved and let it go.

Can't wait for the PS Vita 4th iteration (if Sony lasts that long).