What are your thoughts on PS Vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What are your thoughts on PS Vita?

User Info: _MrPsycho

_MrPsycho
3 years ago#1
For Christmas I'm planning to get a game console. My options are the Wii U or the PS Vita. I want a console that's worth getting and not a waste of money.

So, what do you like and what do you hate about this console, please name as much pros and cons as possible.

Thanks.
Psycho[iQ] | iQ007.webs.com

User Info: darkdragongirl

darkdragongirl
3 years ago#2
Well we haven't dated very much. Maybe once or twice a week. He's a swell guy. I just wish there was more to 'em. We'll see in the new year how things go.
Playing: Japanese Boy 4: The Girl-den
Rise might be your waifu, but Jack Frost is my bufu

User Info: LitCandlez

LitCandlez
3 years ago#3
He started to flop around a lot when I noticed that his owner, Sony, was abusing him. Damn Sony.
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles

User Info: FreshaSaurusRex

FreshaSaurusRex
3 years ago#4
I wanted a vita for a while and I just recently bought one, Black Friday deal and I don't regret it a bit.

Pros: the system runs smooth, the few games it has are pretty fun and play nicely, there's PS+ support now and there's plenty of games to download there, plenty of upcoming titles, PS classics and downloadable psp game support.
Cons: there's not a vast game collection as of right now.

I'd name a bit more but I'm just drawing a bit of a blank here, its a pretty good handheld system, and there will be plenty of games coming soon.
"I will literally murder the person of your choosing if you just let me out of here. I never even liked Marcus, just, just say the word." - Claptrap

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
3 years ago#5
Pros : I play it more than my ps3, wii, ds and pc, the games are good, very easy to play a few minutes and put down, very convenient to play with
Cons : The price, some games use the irritating gimmicks

User Info: kingsteve1515

kingsteve1515
3 years ago#6
I've thought the same. I kind of want either a Wii U or a Vita. I'm not sure why but they seem intriguing to me. The big thing holding me back with both is a limited library, poor memory, and high pricing.
I'll take a potato chip.....and EAT IT!

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
3 years ago#7
It's a fantastic system and the library of games is starting to grow and become more diverse. Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3, Silent Hill: Book of Memories and Mortal Kombat are some of it's best games. Since you weren't able to obtain the nifty Amazon Vita deal I would recommend waiting until early 2013 when a price reduction is supposed to occur.

The Wii U is sensational, I absolutely love it. This is the first console I bought since the PS2. Amazing library of games and even better on the horizon. (Zombi U is wonderful)

In conclusion I highly recommend both but if you can only receive one for Christmas I think the Wii U.
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther
(message deleted)

User Info: Mcnugget2256

Mcnugget2256
3 years ago#9
It's one hell of a system that just hasn't reached its full potential yet.
Currently playing: P4G, Hitman, Pokemon White 2, Halo 4, FarC3
Waiting for: GTA5, BF4, The Last Of Us.

User Info: Nnamz

Nnamz
3 years ago#10
Do you own a current gen system? Yes? Then skip Wii-U, because that takes away 95% of the reason to own one. Don't get it until there is a good 3D Mario or a mainline Zelda on it.

Vita has a much stronger exclusive library at this point, and is cheaper.

If you had to buy one, go with Vita. If you can hold out, wait for Wii-U to get some games and/or wait for the incoming Vita price drop.
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What are your thoughts on PS Vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived