What are your thoughts on PS Vita?

#1_MrPsychoPosted 12/9/2012 6:27:54 PM
For Christmas I'm planning to get a game console. My options are the Wii U or the PS Vita. I want a console that's worth getting and not a waste of money.

So, what do you like and what do you hate about this console, please name as much pros and cons as possible.

Thanks.
---
Psycho[iQ] | iQ007.webs.com
#2darkdragongirlPosted 12/9/2012 6:36:08 PM
Well we haven't dated very much. Maybe once or twice a week. He's a swell guy. I just wish there was more to 'em. We'll see in the new year how things go.
---
Playing: Japanese Boy 4: The Girl-den
Rise might be your waifu, but Jack Frost is my bufu
#3LitCandlezPosted 12/9/2012 6:38:56 PM
He started to flop around a lot when I noticed that his owner, Sony, was abusing him. Damn Sony.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#4FreshaSaurusRexPosted 12/9/2012 6:40:20 PM
I wanted a vita for a while and I just recently bought one, Black Friday deal and I don't regret it a bit.

Pros: the system runs smooth, the few games it has are pretty fun and play nicely, there's PS+ support now and there's plenty of games to download there, plenty of upcoming titles, PS classics and downloadable psp game support.
Cons: there's not a vast game collection as of right now.

I'd name a bit more but I'm just drawing a bit of a blank here, its a pretty good handheld system, and there will be plenty of games coming soon.
---
"I will literally murder the person of your choosing if you just let me out of here. I never even liked Marcus, just, just say the word." - Claptrap
#5kyncaniPosted 12/9/2012 7:37:59 PM
Pros : I play it more than my ps3, wii, ds and pc, the games are good, very easy to play a few minutes and put down, very convenient to play with
Cons : The price, some games use the irritating gimmicks
#6kingsteve1515Posted 12/9/2012 7:40:59 PM
I've thought the same. I kind of want either a Wii U or a Vita. I'm not sure why but they seem intriguing to me. The big thing holding me back with both is a limited library, poor memory, and high pricing.
---
I'll take a potato chip.....and EAT IT!
#7Lord_VishanaPosted 12/9/2012 7:47:40 PM
It's a fantastic system and the library of games is starting to grow and become more diverse. Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3, Silent Hill: Book of Memories and Mortal Kombat are some of it's best games. Since you weren't able to obtain the nifty Amazon Vita deal I would recommend waiting until early 2013 when a price reduction is supposed to occur.

The Wii U is sensational, I absolutely love it. This is the first console I bought since the PS2. Amazing library of games and even better on the horizon. (Zombi U is wonderful)

In conclusion I highly recommend both but if you can only receive one for Christmas I think the Wii U.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther
#8Lord_VishanaPosted 12/9/2012 7:48:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9Mcnugget2256Posted 12/9/2012 7:51:52 PM
It's one hell of a system that just hasn't reached its full potential yet.
---
Currently playing: P4G, Hitman, Pokemon White 2, Halo 4, FarC3
Waiting for: GTA5, BF4, The Last Of Us.
#10NnamzPosted 12/9/2012 7:56:49 PM
Do you own a current gen system? Yes? Then skip Wii-U, because that takes away 95% of the reason to own one. Don't get it until there is a good 3D Mario or a mainline Zelda on it.

Vita has a much stronger exclusive library at this point, and is cheaper.

If you had to buy one, go with Vita. If you can hold out, wait for Wii-U to get some games and/or wait for the incoming Vita price drop.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.