What are your thoughts on PS Vita?

#11RedemptionBluePosted 12/9/2012 8:06:48 PM
I was looking at handhelds to get but went with the Vita when I saw it on sale during Black Friday on amazon. Don't regret it at all, I love P4G and since I haven't played any PSP games whether or not they are just console ports its an entirely new experience for me.
---
Intel Core i7 2.8Ghz, 6 gigs RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450.
#12AiuchiFanboiPosted 12/9/2012 8:08:01 PM
My thoughts on the Vita are that its an amazing device, marred by a company hellbent on becoming this generations SEGA. Bad decision after bad decision with no hope for the future in sight.

Still hoping that the slow start is remenicent of the PSP and PS3's abysmal launches and that in a year or so games will be pouring in. Of course I half expect them to pull a SEGA and just nuke the thing in the west leaving only Japan to support it.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/ Psikyo till the day I die
#13OtakuGameraPosted 12/9/2012 8:12:48 PM
well in terms on which console is more worth it and not waste of money, definitely the vita. it has more games, better and smooth like butter OS, has failsafe incase of updates interrupted in the middle and less freezings.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#14m0derationPosted 12/9/2012 8:15:27 PM
Cost of memory cards should be your biggest concern. 32 GB is almost a near necessity to use PS+.

Also consider the following:

PSP had 3 redesigns. PSP-2000, 3000, PSP Go.

Wii had zero redesigns.

So chances are your Vita will get outdated and your Wii-U won't.

I got a Vita on BF and I enjoy it but I'm mad about the memory card prices.
#15AstralFrostPosted 12/9/2012 10:24:55 PM
m0deration posted...
Cost of memory cards should be your biggest concern. 32 GB is almost a near necessity to use PS+.

Also consider the following:

PSP had 3 redesigns. PSP-2000, 3000, PSP Go.

Wii had zero redesigns.

So chances are your Vita will get outdated and your Wii-U won't.

I got a Vita on BF and I enjoy it but I'm mad about the memory card prices.

Because Nintendo never rereleases existing consoles with minor upgrades amirite?
#16GrandCollapsePosted 12/9/2012 10:37:53 PM
Decide what you want. A Home-based console or a portable.
They are completely different Gaming Machines.

I own both, and so far they haven't been disappointing. I love playing my Vita when I'm outside or on my bed where as I enjoy playing WiiU when I'm at home and feel like playing Mario or etc.

WiiU doesn't have many games out yet as it has been released just 22 days ago.
Vita already have some quite few games out, but in the end it really depends on what kind of game you want to play.

I still see people complaining about consoles that they don't even own. It's quite appalling.
---
Look, a boomerang! Wait, isn't that a toma......augh!
#17vectorman5Posted 12/9/2012 10:51:26 PM
Right now: wasted (albeit remaining) potential.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#18darkstar4221Posted 12/9/2012 10:59:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19kyncaniPosted 12/9/2012 11:00:45 PM
Nnamz posted...
Do you own a current gen system? Yes? Then skip Wii-U, because that takes away 95% of the reason to own one. Don't get it until there is a good 3D Mario or a mainline Zelda on it.
Vita has a much stronger exclusive library at this point, and is cheaper.
If you had to buy one, go with Vita. If you can hold out, wait for Wii-U to get some games and/or wait for the incoming Vita price drop.

^ So much of that.
I'd wait for a Wii U redesign too, the controller has battery issues and should be released with a better battery IMO.
I also don't know what will happen with the Wii U games.
#20mcsmellingtonPosted 12/9/2012 11:49:04 PM
AiuchiFanboi posted...
My thoughts on the Vita are that its an amazing device, marred by a company hellbent on becoming this generations SEGA. Bad decision after bad decision with no hope for the future in sight.

Still hoping that the slow start is remenicent of the PSP and PS3's abysmal launches and that in a year or so games will be pouring in. Of course I half expect them to pull a SEGA and just nuke the thing in the west leaving only Japan to support it.

Pretty much this. The console is fantastic, the software is pretty poor though. I'm giving Sony until the end of February to have some decent games announced for 2013. If nothing takes my fancy, it's going on eBay.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington