Describe VLR!

#1JulesNeciPosted 12/9/2012 10:49:15 PM
Hi guys,
I haven't played either 999 or VLR. Ordered both from Amazon, and they're coming Tuesday. I wanna know what they're like before I get into them though. I've heard amazing things, but I couldn't tell what you really do in the games!
So if you've played them, please let me know!
Thank you!
#2pariah164Posted 12/9/2012 10:51:32 PM
Both are visual novels as well as puzzle games. Dialogue and other choices affect which endings you get. In both games, you need to get all the other possible endings to reach the true ending. It is IMPERATIVE you play 999 before touching VLR. Both games are amazing, epic, etc. You made a wise decision.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#3pariah164Posted 12/9/2012 10:53:27 PM
Basically, there are two sections: novel sections, where you pick dialogue and make other choices that affect which path you're on, and puzzle sections, where you have to solve the puzzles in a room/rooms to advance forward. In 999, you have to replay the story each time you want to get a different ending. In VLR, there is a flow chart that lets you travel back to any story point and make a different choice, which is key to unlocking every ending.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#4ElectricMolePosted 12/9/2012 11:09:17 PM
getting multiple endings is part of the plot. in fact you have to get some endings to unlock other ones.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#5ITPPosted 12/10/2012 1:18:50 AM
Is 999 really that good? Should I strive to play it on an actual DS or is an EMU fine as well?