why do people like turn based rpgs?

#1rebelleader13Posted 12/9/2012 10:50:34 PM
i mean im not trying to rip on people who do but i find them boring. although id like a good action rpg on the vita.
---
A leader is always a work in progress.
#2JulesNeciPosted 12/9/2012 10:51:44 PM
Because they're entitled to their preferences just like you are to yours.
#33x7Posted 12/9/2012 10:54:17 PM
well i like turn based games including rpg and strategy because it gives me time to think and plan stuff out.
#4rebelleader13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:54:39 PM
JulesNeci posted...

im not trying to bash their tastes im just curious of what the appeal is.
---
A leader is always a work in progress.
#5j2zon2591Posted 12/9/2012 10:57:33 PM
rebelleader13 posted...
JulesNeci posted...

im not trying to bash their tastes im just curious of what the appeal is.

"Play at your own pace."

It's more manageable as tidbits on the go.

Gonna have a hard time playing action-reflex games on the go with lots of stimulus outside the house.
#6alexg1989Posted 12/9/2012 10:59:40 PM
rebelleader13 posted...
i mean im not trying to rip on people who do but i find them boring. although id like a good action rpg on the vita.

Yeah I don't get those that are hardcore turb-based RPG fans...

I can understand some... I was really into the Pokemon series when I was a kid and those are TB RPG games, but imo that really fit the style of Pokemon as it was in the TV show. The trainer tells the Pokemon which moves to perform and etc etc...

Something like Final Fantasy seems like it'd be better as an Action RPG series... which is why I loved Crisis Core but couldn't finish FF6 even though I got up to Kefka's Tower. I keep telling myself I'll finish it, but I probably won't...

The gameplay style is just so boring... some games do it well enough to keep me interesting for a while like Pokemon and FF6, but they're mostly a waste of time...
---
Gamertag: psvitagamer89
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#7TheExiled280Posted 12/9/2012 11:00:10 PM
because people enjoy them? why do some many people like CoD????
---
Persona 4: The Golden English Trailer:
http://youtu.be/WkL4GXJRMJY
#8hydroxylusPosted 12/9/2012 11:00:46 PM
Because they are like chess. It takes strategy planning good group setup Ect. Its a micromanagers dream most of the time. And just plain fun!. I grew up on turn based RPGs and still love a good one to this day. Playing P4G as we speak and loving every second of it. But there are lots of game types I don't like that others do. Fighters, reality racers ( love wipeout and love combat kart racers). Over the top 3rd person action games like bayonetta or DMC don't like um. Lol that's what makes our world great different flavors for everyone.
#9SilentHawk29Posted 12/9/2012 11:10:08 PM
Party management, character development within said party (most action games have you going solo or with maybe one or two others), thinking tactically on what to do next and what the enemy might do.

I don't like sports games unless it's like NBA Jam or NFL Blitz.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#10badboyPosted 12/9/2012 11:15:03 PM
It's more tactical.