ps2 classics down the road...

#1hydroxylusPosted 12/9/2012 10:04:53 PM
I don't see why the vita could not support this feature. Anyone see this as an update down the road? Maybe to draw people back to the vita in a couple years?
#2joeman6Posted 12/9/2012 11:29:41 PM
Probably not. While the controls are possible they aren't really comfortable or practical. Also the download sizes would be fairly big wouldn't they?
---
PSN: pluto-3_ XBLGamertag: NinjaOtacon
http://backloggery.com/joeman6
#3Arsene-LupinPosted 12/9/2012 11:35:19 PM
Most PS2 games aren't much bigger than the average Vita game, and the Vita is only lacking 4 buttons on the PS2 (R/L 2s and 3s), a thing that could easily be fixed via touchpad/screen implementation and button mapping.

But I don't see it ever happening. Sony hasn't been able to do much with either the HD classics or the PS2 Classics series, so it seems silly to expect them to do anything for the Vita.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#4redemptionerPosted 12/10/2012 12:01:18 AM
hold on a sec, isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 available at PSN for Vita?
those games were for the PS2
---
LawlzerPanzers!
#5ReDDevil2112Posted 12/10/2012 12:08:48 AM
hold on a sec, isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 available at PSN for Vita?
those games were for the PS2

Yes, but they're from the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which is not a PS2 game.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#6AstralFrostPosted 12/10/2012 12:23:02 AM
I gather in theory the Vita can do it but Sony prefers to release updated versions of PS2 games we already own to make more money.

Which I'm fine with by the way.
#7youngskillzPosted 12/10/2012 1:24:33 AM
might be possible, but think of the fact that sony is even having trouble with the ps2 software emu that's in the ps3....

i do not see sony ever writing a ps2 emu for vita.

best bet is ports, but that's also not likely...

sucks but it is what it is.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.