Why do people like the 3DS more than the Vita?

#61VeraxulousPosted 12/10/2012 8:22:31 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
Veraxulous posted...
Hooray for people seeing the word "Inferior" and automatically assuming I'm insulting the 3DS because they haven't made it to high school economics yet. My bias has nothing to do with the systems: it has to do with consumers approaching a product with the wrong mindset and the rabid fanboyism associated with competitor products.

Also it looks like no one read the part about people enjoying the games they're playing. Good job.

I read your whole post and everyone responded to it appropriately.
Your bias was clearly based on you being a fanboy because your depiction of how consumers approach the products was a bitter, poorly drawn caricature. Tossing in a sidenote about how some people might prefer 3DS games amidst the rest of your whinging did little to hide that.

You clearly have no concept of the meaning of "fanboy," or you simply have poor reading comprehension. I have neither a Vita nor a 3DS, nor do I have plans to buy either any time in the near future. Calling me a fanboy is the complete opposite conclusion you should have come to.

My preference, as I've already established, is that all systems and games should be considered regardless of a name branded on the console box. I pointed out that there's a tendency toward Nintendo products in the market because of ill-informed consumers, parents especially, buying the lowest ticket item they can find. If your purchase experience resonated with the examples given, then you're no different; if not, you shouldn't pretend that it's any less true.

Nintendo makes a fine product, and their third-party support for the 3DS is proving to be excellent. Most of the Vita's library comes from PSN ports (this can actually be a very good thing) and even current-console ports such as UMvC3. There are still exclusive gems to be found for both systems. As for why the 3DS is more favored, from a market standpoint, than the Vita, it is as I have already elaborated.

Finally, as I clarified on in the second post, any bitterness present in the first post is due to consumers and not products. If you don't believe that the 3DS is as successful a product as it is chiefly because of its namesake and its low price, you're deluding yourself.
#62IzzythewinnerPosted 12/10/2012 8:28:07 AM
supremeblaster posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
In reality, the vita is better by at least 10 times the ammount of quality, people ate just stupid.

In reality, that's your opinion. If you think it's anything more than that; you're just an ignorant kid.

u r mad? its not an opinion if i see it to be a fact. It plays persona 4.
The 3Ds does not.
---
PSN NAME: IzzyTehPwnr
XBL: Izzy The Owner
#63Lord_VishanaPosted 12/10/2012 8:41:16 AM
Izzythewinner posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
In reality, the vita is better by at least 10 times the ammount of quality, people ate just stupid.

In reality, that's your opinion. If you think it's anything more than that; you're just an ignorant kid.

The 3Ds does not.

An opinion cannot be stated as a fact, a fact requires information to be substantiated by an external source.

The 3DS will play Shin Megami Tensei Megaten IV, the Vita cannot. This is a fact.

Persona 4 Golden is the best rpg of all-time. This is an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you cannot state one as a fact.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther
#64ADHDguitarPosted 12/10/2012 8:49:41 AM
Better quality games? Yeah, no.

P4G and Gravity Rush are not enough to say it has better games.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#65ServantOfErieosPosted 12/10/2012 8:55:17 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Izzythewinner posted...

The 3Ds does not.

An opinion cannot be stated as a fact, a fact requires information to be substantiated by an external source.

The 3DS will play Shin Megami Tensei Megaten IV, the Vita cannot. This is a fact.

Persona 4 Golden is the best rpg of all-time. This is an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you cannot state one as a fact.

Vita can play megaten 4.

Whilst, the 3DS can't even handle persona 4: golden. LOL

So, your "fact" is in fact false.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#66IzzythewinnerPosted 12/10/2012 8:55:53 AM
Persona > SMT

Just like how...

Vita > 3Ds
---
#67Semi45aPosted 12/10/2012 8:57:35 AM
more fun games, cheaper, more kids exist with a 3DS than adults with a Vita and vice versa.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#68ServantOfErieosPosted 12/10/2012 8:57:38 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Better quality games? Yeah, no.

P4G and Gravity Rush are not enough to say it has better games.

Soundshapes GOTY
Littlebigplanet
Mutant blob
MGS HD collection
Rayman origins

Etc
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#69Oni_TaedoPosted 12/10/2012 8:58:57 AM
FrankGrimey posted...
Pac Man got knocked the hell out, what a fight!

I know, I wasn't expecting that.
I literally shot tea out my nose, that's how pissed I was (I guess you could say I was.... teaed off? *crickets chirping*)
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#70IzzythewinnerPosted 12/10/2012 9:02:27 AM
Ragnarok odyssey alone beats anything on the 3dS lol.
---