Why do people like the 3DS more than the Vita?

#71Semi45aPosted 12/10/2012 10:04:28 AM
Izzythewinner posted...
Ragnarok odyssey alone beats anything on the 3dS lol.

funny, some guy at the RO board keeps insisting KI:U is better.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#72gray_fox_00Posted 12/10/2012 10:05:08 AM
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...
DTM847 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita

I think this might have something to do with it. North America - 8 releases between now and March.

Kind of reminiscent of an old meme...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/320/036/36a.jpg

The funny thing about this post is that I have been a fan of Nintendo and Sony pretty much since they entered the home video game markets.

Your point is moot. http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds

There's a severe lack of games on both sides.

And one of them has a bigger pool of already released games to keep you occupied during the "severe lack of games".

I just got a 3DS and I'm not seeing a lot of games that interest me out yet, so the bigger pool doesn't really mean much to me. As of right now I've got Mario Kart and two enhanced ports, OoT and Tales of the Abyss. Fractured Soul seems like an interesting game.

I've got gift cards and game funds to burn, but I've got all the Vita games I'm interested in, can't find too many 3DS games that are out yet that I want, and I've already got a giant backlog of console games and Ni No Kuni coming out next month wont help any.

I'm open to suggestions.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#73riboflavPosted 12/10/2012 10:07:41 AM
I'm a little tired of the kiddie argument. I am 41 years old and I prefer the games on the Nintendo 3DS to the Vita. I have both systems and almost every good game for both systems. The 3D is great on every game that uses it and the games are just fun. The Vita has great games too. Here is what I believe is the reason why Nintendo handhelds always reign supreme... the games made for them are truly unique, the first party games are always of the highest quality, and they don't offer just ports of console games. I have a problem with anyone on the other hand who says that Vita doesn't have enough great games (LBP Vita warrant a purchase by itslelf, Street Fighter x Tekken, UMVC3, Assassin's Creed Liberty, Gravity Rush, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Escape Plan, Mortal Kombat, Retro City Rampage, PSASBR, and Rayman Origins). If you don't own these Vita games (or the console versions if available), you should keep your mouth shut about the Vita not having enough games. My opinion is that Nintendo games are the greatest though and I wouldn't dream of not owning a console that plays Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games.
#74sloth927Posted 12/10/2012 10:07:45 AM
because the 3ds has more fun games it helps that it has the entire ds lineup backing it as well.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#75kewldude475Posted 12/10/2012 10:08:59 AM
Sure, 3DS has more games than the Vita, but t doesn't have that many more great games. And he'll, 3DS is considerably older than the Vita.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#76gray_fox_00Posted 12/10/2012 10:10:38 AM
Semi45a posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
Ragnarok odyssey alone beats anything on the 3dS lol.

funny, some guy at the RO board keeps insisting KI:U is better.

Opinions are fun aren't they?
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#77Lord_VishanaPosted 12/10/2012 10:13:24 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
In reality, the vita is better by at least 10 times the ammount of quality, people ate just stupid.

In reality, that's your opinion. If you think it's anything more than that; you're just an ignorant kid.

u r mad? its not an opinion if i see it to be a fact. It plays persona 4.
The 3Ds does not.

An opinion cannot be stated as a fact, a fact requires information to be substantiated by an external source.

The 3DS will play Shin Megami Tensei Megaten IV, the Vita cannot. This is a fact.

Persona 4 Golden is the best rpg of all-time. This is an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you cannot state one as a fact.

Vita can play megaten 4.

Whilst, the 3DS can't even handle persona 4: golden. LOL

So, your "fact" is in fact false.

The 3DS could easily play Person 4 Golden. As could the Vita easily play SMT IV if the respective games existed for that system. Let's not argue over semantics, shall we?

(Also the Vita has an unannounced SMT game it could be Persona or it could be Megaten. No one knows yet. The 3DS has a confirmed Persona title in development it could possibly be a remake of 1 & 2 or possibly albeit farfetched a port of Persona 5)

To Izzy: I'm curious have you played the core series(including Nocturne)? Now in my opinion they are vastly superior to the Persona games. Not to diminish the Persona series it's great(I loved P3P and P4G) but it's a spin off. Unfortunately a alot of people make the mistake of thinking Persona is the core series.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther
#78TJSpykePosted 12/10/2012 10:21:29 AM
The 3DS has more games, better games, more capabilities, better price (PS Vita is over $300 to get the system, 1 game, and a memory card). Any game the Vita can run, so can the 3DS (plus the 3DS can play DS games). There is not reason not to like the 3DS more.
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#79Lord_VishanaPosted 12/10/2012 10:21:32 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...
DTM847 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita

I think this might have something to do with it. North America - 8 releases between now and March.

Kind of reminiscent of an old meme...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/320/036/36a.jpg

The funny thing about this post is that I have been a fan of Nintendo and Sony pretty much since they entered the home video game markets.

Your point is moot. http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds

There's a severe lack of games on both sides.

And one of them has a bigger pool of already released games to keep you occupied during the "severe lack of games".

I just got a 3DS and I'm not seeing a lot of games that interest me out yet, so the bigger pool doesn't really mean much to me. As of right now I've got Mario Kart and two enhanced ports, OoT and Tales of the Abyss. Fractured Soul seems like an interesting game.

I've got gift cards and game funds to burn, but I've got all the Vita games I'm interested in, can't find too many 3DS games that are out yet that I want, and I've already got a giant backlog of console games and Ni No Kuni coming out next month wont help any.

I'm open to suggestions.

To me these are must own games on the 3DS.

Resident Evil: Revelations
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Samurai Warrior Chronicles
Code of Princess
Tales of the Abyss
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Style Savvy: Trendsetters
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Early 2013 releases

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Rune Factory IV
All The Bravest
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther
#80Branc00Posted 12/10/2012 10:24:43 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
Solnot posted...
From a technical standpoint, the Vita is a better overall system and it has better quality games. So why do people keep on buying the 3DS?

It might have some better quality games, but The 3DS has more quality games the the vita right now. Some people would rather have tons of great games than 2 or 3 awesome games. And even then, The 3DS does not have "better" games than the 3DS. They are all actually quite comparable. Just different experiences really.

Is this a joke? The 3DS has WAY better games than the 3DS.
---
I dig my hole, you build a wall.
One day that wall is gonna fall~