Media Create Week 49.. Mama always said dyin' was a part of life

#251ylvisPosted 12/14/2012 3:08:06 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

Mind posting those links? I'm on my phone. Thank you.

the same links i posted earlier, both updated by wikipedia. Not to mention another source you chose to ignore was posted earlier as well

And the links to which those links point show:

DS + DS Lite + DSi + DSi XL = 152.5M as of 30-09-2012

PS2 + PS2 Slim = 155.1M as of 31-03-2012

Thanks for trying.

The DS will pass the PS2 very soon, if it hasn't already. And that casual comment of yours is hilarious conider that lots and lots of people, especially in Europe, bought the PS2 because of Singstar and Buzz.
#252Megaman OmegaPosted 12/14/2012 3:29:52 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Lume, if you don't already work for Fox News, they should hire you. You'd be a perfect fit there.

Lume would fit in perfectly with Hannity, O'Reilly, and all the other nutters on that network :)

Sounds to me like you're a Fox News audience. I mean you're taking vgchartz estimates as fact.

I swear you have used that argument yourself.

Of course. Flip-flopping is a staple in the repertoire of a sad fanboy like LOLume.

[Some angry fanboy drive]

How's that "PS family wins" thing going, Lume? You know, your SKU comparison? Oh wait, it's 16 to 4 for Nintendo! Looks like Sony loses yet again...
---
The Japanese don't celebrate Christmas. - Sailor Goon
6 + 4 = 11 - Sailor Goon
#253squatch22Posted 12/14/2012 3:41:44 PM
I like how deluded you are ^_^

Sony famil...

Oh wait, its Nintendo winning. lol
---
LR posted: And the PSP isn't a Sony console so why would I make that claim?
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#254LuminescentRulePosted 12/14/2012 3:53:53 PM

the same links i posted earlier, both updated by wikipedia. Not to mention another source you chose to ignore was posted earlier as well

Thanks for trying.

The DS will pass the PS2 very soon, if it hasn't already. And that casual comment of yours is hilarious conider that lots and lots of people, especially in Europe, bought the PS2 because of Singstar and Buzz.

1.44M DS were sold from Jan-Sep. The difference is 2.6M and that's only taking PS2 numbers up until March 2012. So, yeah, the DS might overtake the PS2 at some point but putting everything into perspective - the DS is a handheld. If you want to compare similar items, compare sales of the DS with the iPhone. Both are personal items of which there are multiple in a household.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#255StickMen1090Posted 12/14/2012 4:00:58 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/12/14/nintendo-ds-passes-playstation-2-to-become-best-selling-video-game-platform/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
#256ylvisPosted 12/14/2012 4:12:10 PM

Thanks for trying.

1.44M DS were sold from Jan-Sep. The difference is 2.6M and that's only taking PS2 numbers up until March 2012. So, yeah, the DS might overtake the PS2 at some point but putting everything into perspective - the DS is a handheld. If you want to compare similar items, compare sales of the DS with the iPhone. Both are personal items of which there are multiple in a household.

I know famalies who have multiple PS2s as well. But yes, it's a pointless discussion. Comparing the DS to an iPhone is just plain wrong though. Can't compare a dedicated gaming system to a smart phone.
#257CooperRCPosted 12/14/2012 4:14:47 PM
Wow, from a preview of Dragon Quest 7, the game has been completely overhauled. The game is going to cause a sales explosion of the 3DS in Japan. Too bad the game did not end up on the Vita so it would look even better.....
#258LuminescentRulePosted 12/14/2012 4:29:24 PM
I know famalies who have multiple PS2s as well. But yes, it's a pointless discussion. Comparing the DS to an iPhone is just plain wrong though. Can't compare a dedicated gaming system to a smart phone.

How many TVs does a family usually have compared to the number of kids or people in the family? Comparing the DS to the iPhone is pretty fair comparison. Especially since both have had multiple revisions.
---
#259LuminescentRulePosted 12/14/2012 4:33:23 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/12/14/nintendo-ds-passes-playstation-2-to-become-best-selling-video-game-platform/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Lol. Do you even know what the source of that is?
---
#260CooperRCPosted 12/14/2012 4:38:01 PM(edited)

How many TVs does a family usually have compared to the number of kids or people in the family? Comparing the DS to the iPhone is pretty fair comparison. Especially since both have had multiple revisions.

Comparing a video game handheld to a multipurpose phone is completely idiotic. You should just stop before you make yourself look even worse. Game systems have no chance against a cell phone.