Media Create Week 49.. Mama always said dyin' was a part of life

#51ylvisPosted 12/12/2012 8:01:37 AM
blundermine posted...
ylvis posted...
blundermine posted...
All things considered those numbers aren't really that great for the 3DS seeing as how it sold 350k in this week last year.

A Monster Hunter title came out for the 3ds that week.

But then it went on to sell 370k the next week and 480k the week after. There's no way it's going to reach that level this year. This holiday is a disappointment for the 3DS. Nintendo just didn't have the software quality they did last year.

So what do you call the Vita then?
#52blunderminePosted 12/12/2012 8:02:46 AM
kyomagi posted...
blundermine posted...
ylvis posted...
blundermine posted...
All things considered those numbers aren't really that great for the 3DS seeing as how it sold 350k in this week last year.

I think the 3ds is a failure because my console cant reach the 3ds japan sales using world wide numbers.

No one is allowed to critique my console even though it's numbers are down 33% year over year.

---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#53blunderminePosted 12/12/2012 8:03:24 AM
ylvis posted...
blundermine posted...
ylvis posted...
blundermine posted...

But then it went on to sell 370k the next week and 480k the week after. There's no way it's going to reach that level this year. This holiday is a disappointment for the 3DS. Nintendo just didn't have the software quality they did last year.

A train wreck.
---
#54AnclationPosted 12/12/2012 8:04:57 AM
ylvis posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Wowie! Great week for the 3DS! Good launch for the Wii U(hush up haters)

The Vita is still above 10k atleast. Unfortunately Atelier Totori and Fate/Extra aren't on the top 20 any longer. :-(

3DS has officially surpassed the PS3 in LTD sales. That's pretty nifty, wonder it it'll beat the PS2 eventually?

You know your system sell horrible when just over 10k is looked opon as something positive.

From what I've seen the 360 usually managed to be around 10K this time of the year in Japan (in its first few years on the market that is), so yeah.
#55ylvisPosted 12/12/2012 8:08:09 AM
blundermine posted...
ylvis posted...
blundermine posted...
ylvis posted...
blundermine posted...

A train wreck.

We're on speaking terms with that one then. Still wrong to call these numbers disappointing just because the 3DS had a fantastic holiday season last year. It's still heavily outselling the competiotin, and selling over 200k a week is never going to be disappointing.
#56blunderminePosted 12/12/2012 8:13:56 AM
ylvis posted...
We're on speaking terms with that one then. Still wrong to call these numbers disappointing just because the 3DS had a fantastic holiday season last year. It's still heavily outselling the competiotin, and selling over 200k a week is never going to be disappointing.

I'm trying to find a launch aligned comparison between the DS and 3DS to date. If I remember correctly though, the DS didn't really start to take off til late year 2. If 3DS is going the other way in year 2 we could have a problem.
---
#57kyomagiPosted 12/12/2012 8:19:23 AM(edited)
blundermine posted...
kyomagi posted...
blundermine posted...
ylvis posted...
blundermine posted...

I think the 3ds is a failure because my console cant reach the 3ds japan sales using world wide numbers.

No one is allowed to critique my console even though it's numbers are down 33% year over year.

>Implying Down 33% from last year, even though its sell more than last year during the same time worldwide

You do realize that they are selling more world wide now than they did last year, right?

Seriously, are you sailorgoon's alt account?

More sales = down from last year ...LOL
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#58JeroisourosinPosted 12/12/2012 8:16:34 AM
Great numbers for Nintendo,I hope the vita starts selling soon too. It needs some killer games that are exclusive to it in order to truly be worth buying for the gaming majority. Plus competition always brings out the best between Nintendo and Sony so I hope to see good things for both systems in the future. I still gotta buy another vita,I need some more fighting games,that's one area the 3ds needs a boost.
---
Worst fanboys-Sony's...maybe PC.
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#59derekfishbowlPosted 12/12/2012 8:22:13 AM
Slow down, Nintendo! It's a marathon, not a sprint!
---
Sony's E3 2013 megaton (courtesy of Megaman Omega):
http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=350248936_strengthmitten_122_82lo.jpg
#60HugsAllAroundPosted 12/12/2012 8:25:08 AM
3DS knocked out of the top hardware spot this week. Vita wins.