Objectively speaking, Persona 4: Golden might just be the greatest game of time

#141ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 4:53:25 PM

I am not single-handedly blaming your topic, but it is part of the problem. The fact that topics of people asking for help with their Vita or assistance in purchasing one exist quite commonly on this board is proof enough that people come to GameFAQs as a big PART of their research on the Vita. The fact that threads like this can be the top thread for hours on end while those types of threads go largely unanswered until they fade into obscurity is the issue.

I'm sure the "flopics" you're talking about are just as bad, but you're just finger pointing at that point. If someone else murders someone, does that mean it's okay for you to do so too? Obviously that's an extreme example, but the point is that two wrongs don't make a right.

lol, so are you saying that I should post more in them? I hardly make topics that many topics so its not exactly like I'm spamming the board. I understand that your doing this to help others and your hearts in the right place, I feel it's unfair to label my topic as a root cause of the problem. Posters have tools to finding information on this website, they can bump topics, recreate old threads, search button. Etc those kinds of topics just aren't going to reach the heights of 100+ posts on a regular basis. It's just the way it is, with this board.

Hey, I'm not going to knock you for putting in the effort to help, others in this topic. So, whatever.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#142Sami1000Posted 12/12/2012 5:08:11 PM
Its not best game ever made but its really good. For me there's abysmal games, bad games, good games and great games. Persona 4 golden is one of those great games just like hundred others are.
#143TheArcadePosted 12/12/2012 5:15:55 PM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Wow, that was a mouthful.

- Length
- Great Cast of characters
- Great Story
- Graphics that have stood the test of time. (Aged well)
- HILARIOUS moments. (Golden owners know what i'm talking about)
- Great score
- Learn things from school
- S.links
- Fun combat system. (Grinding doesn't feel like a chore)

Fatal Fury 3 has all these things.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#144HeavysackPosted 12/12/2012 5:18:11 PM
TheArcade posted...

- Length
- Great Story
- Great score
- S.links

XD no
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s544sFja5k
#145LMTTNPosted 12/12/2012 5:39:43 PM
I used to be really into Persona 3 and 4. I still love the presentations, the stories, and the characters. However, the gameplay in these games is severely flawed. The combat is boring, the dungeons are way too repetitive, and the choices have little to no effect on the story. I would've enjoyed the games more if the social links and choices had a greater impact on the overall story. They're perfect examples of games that simply couldn't live up to their ambitions.

And no, I'm not a drone. I actually really don't like Nintendo or Ocarina of Time.
---
Steam: Super AE
Currently playing: Assassin's Creed II, Black Ops II, Metro 2033
#146RoksuPosted 12/12/2012 5:54:06 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
To Erieos:

No I'm serious. It's my personal opinion, I'm entitled to it. You may disagree with it that's your prerogative.

What I mean't was this:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/7/3740760/nintendo-wii-u-eshop-blocking-mature-content

They're blocking content even if you're an adult. Do you think Nintendo should be the ones to do parenting? why not just set parental locks? Why block content, for EVERYONE?

Do you at-least, agree that the restrictions on eshop were poorly implemented?

Did you even read the article? They didn't do it because they want to, but they were forced to by the European laws since NOE is based in Germany.
---
PSN: Rokuyo14
Black 2 FC: 3912-5402-0379
#147harrisonmeskoPosted 12/12/2012 5:55:57 PM
TheArcade posted...

- Length
- Great Story
- Great score
- S.links

Fatal Fury 3 didn't have Raiden though. Terry isn't going to carry that game by himself you know.
---
"I'm gonna wreck it!" - John C. Reilly as Wreck-it-Ralph
#148Angemon_23Posted 12/12/2012 5:56:06 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
To Erieos:

No I'm serious. It's my personal opinion, I'm entitled to it. You may disagree with it that's your prerogative.

What I mean't was this:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/7/3740760/nintendo-wii-u-eshop-blocking-mature-content

They're blocking content even if you're an adult. Do you think Nintendo should be the ones to do parenting? why not just set parental locks? Why block content, for EVERYONE?

Do you at-least, agree that the restrictions on eshop were poorly implemented?

Did you even read the article? They didn't do it because they want to, but they were forced to by the European laws since NOE is based in Germany.

Once again, Germany ruining things for the rest of Europe. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times...
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#149Pro_TacticianPosted 12/12/2012 7:20:56 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard Persnusnu fan but I wouldn't be able to call it the best of all time. I'd have to give that honor to Star Ocean 3 and maybe one or two other early PS2 and earlier games, because they all have one thing that every J/WRPG seems to lack now-a-days... Good post game content, as well as many things to do during the story without feelings any effects of time restraint.
#150Chaos_MissilePosted 12/12/2012 7:21:14 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess - 95
http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time - 99
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/portal-2 - 95

3 games from on top of my head that have higher scores
so much for the "bestest game evar" thing, huh?

I liek how apparently a game that's supposed to be "flawless" has flaws. Because a perfection = game + flaws and bugs, mirite?

It is for this reason I dont believe a game should and will ever get a perfect score from me.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008