Objectively speaking, Persona 4: Golden might just be the greatest game of time

#161Lord_VishanaPosted 12/13/2012 6:32:09 AM
If Suikoden II isn't in your Top Ten list then something is seriously wrong. :-(
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
"Well, I dont have any friends." - VeghEsther
#162AkagehisaPosted 12/13/2012 7:59:16 AM
And yet, Persona 3 is better,,,

My god, what's with all this hype for this game? I mean,,, I love it, I played the game on the Ps2 and I'm playing it right now on the Vita,,, but seriously,, all thus hype is getting annoying,,

Is it because this generation didn't had as much JRPG as the ps2 gen.??

FFX is just as better as persona 4 in all aspects, Xenosaga 1, 2 and 3 had great story and character development, much much better than P3 and 4! just to name a few,,,

Geez,,,
#163ZerobahnPosted 12/13/2012 8:04:42 AM
It's a great game no doubt but I wouldn't go so far as to class it as the greatest of all time.

Akagehisa posted...
My god, what's with all this hype for this game?

A lot of the hype is due to the fact Vita fanboys can use it as an attack against the 3DS in the lame 'This game is better then anything on your system herp de derp!!11!!!1!!!' kind of way.
---
Factoring Hectopascals!!!
))<>((
#164AkagehisaPosted 12/13/2012 8:18:23 AM
Zerobahn posted...
It's a great game no doubt but I wouldn't go so far as to class it as the greatest of all time.

Akagehisa posted...

A lot of the hype is due to the fact Vita fanboys can use it as an attack against the 3DS in the lame 'This game is better then anything on your system herp de derp!!11!!!1!!!' kind of way.

So glad I'm not a fanboy,,
#165skyrimer3dPosted 12/13/2012 8:20:19 AM
I never got to play OoT until I did in my 3ds, and yet again, never played P4 until P4G on the VIta.

Personally, I like P4G a lot more. I couldn't get to finish OoT, the stupid dungeon puzzles are really annoying, that stupid forest with all entrances were the same, things like that, and I just wasn't having fun anymore, maybe those that love puzzles are good with that, but with OoT, I got lost over and over about what to do. IMHO the problem is that the game is old, and I'm used to games being more accesible nowadays.

On the other hand, P4G is the dream JRPG for anyone like me thats not even a JRPG fan. It's incredibly accesible, great tutorials for everything, lets you save all the time, you can access dungeon levels as you please, no stupid puzzles (at least yet), great story, great characters, IMHO it's better than OoT, but probably because it's a relatively recent game while OoT shows it's age.
#166GeminiX7Posted 12/13/2012 8:34:14 AM
Objectively speaking, picking the "greatest game of all time" is impossible. There are too many subjective variables that would prevent any sort of unanimous decision.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#167GeminiX7Posted 12/13/2012 8:37:49 AM
Akagehisa posted...

My god, what's with all this hype for this game? I mean,,, I love it, I played the game on the Ps2 and I'm playing it right now on the Vita,,, but seriously,, all thus hype is getting annoying,,

Is it because this generation didn't had as much JRPG as the ps2 gen.??

FFX is just as better as persona 4 in all aspects, Xenosaga 1, 2 and 3 had great story and character development, much much better than P3 and 4! just to name a few,,,

Geez,,,

It's not hype. Its just people(including you) not understanding that thier opinion is not some universal law/standard. Alot of people like the game, but on boards like these, rather than people saying "Wow, I like this game alot" its "This game is the best game ever!!". And people who liked other games more, or didn't like this game get upset and rather than saying "I wasn't a huge fan of this game"/"I liked X game better." they shout back "This game sucks" or "This game is so overrated". It's from there that things like "fanboy", "sheep", "troll" and other useless, childish labels are derived.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#168ylvisPosted 12/13/2012 8:37:55 AM
skyrimer3d posted...
I never got to play OoT until I did in my 3ds, and yet again, never played P4 until P4G on the VIta.

Personally, I like P4G a lot more. I couldn't get to finish OoT, the stupid dungeon puzzles are really annoying, that stupid forest with all entrances were the same, things like that, and I just wasn't having fun anymore, maybe those that love puzzles are good with that, but with OoT, I got lost over and over about what to do. IMHO the problem is that the game is old, and I'm used to games being more accesible nowadays.

On the other hand, P4G is the dream JRPG for anyone like me thats not even a JRPG fan. It's incredibly accesible, great tutorials for everything, lets you save all the time, you can access dungeon levels as you please, no stupid puzzles (at least yet), great story, great characters, IMHO it's better than OoT, but probably because it's a relatively recent game while OoT shows it's age.

Lol, OOT isn't even that hard. You were never around during the NES, SNES, GENESIS, PSone and N64 eras were you? Those were the days of hardcore titles. Puzzles in OOT is like nothing compared to other games in that era. Children growing up today will get used to linear as fck games with quicktime events etc.
#169ZerobahnPosted 12/13/2012 8:40:53 AM
Akagehisa posted...
Zerobahn posted...

Akagehisa posted...

So glad I'm not a fanboy,,

This board was pretty much full of them (both Nintendo and Sony varieties). But when the WiiU came out the Nintendo fanboys started spending more time on that board, and the Sony one's, left with no one to argue with, quietened down. This board is in a much better state then it used to be.

Anyway i just read through this topic and it's clear that the OP is one of the aforementioned.
---
Factoring Hectopascals!!!
))<>((
#170youngskillzPosted 12/13/2012 9:00:06 AM
Akagehisa posted...

yep...

way too many p4 fans boosting this game...i know the game is "new" an it's on vita now but still it's getting pathetic.

personally, i would rather had digital devil saga port over any damn persona on the vita.

but yeah that wouldn't make atlus much money as persona so we'll never see that happen.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.