Objectively speaking, Persona 4: Golden might just be the greatest game of time

#171ManjiMidouPosted 12/13/2012 9:09:08 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
If Suikoden II isn't in your Top Ten list then something is seriously wrong. :-(

lf Suikoden 2 not your number 1 game then something is seriously wrong. l outdid you Lord_Vishana, l OUTDID YOU
#172AkagehisaPosted 12/13/2012 9:30:44 AM
GeminiX7 posted...
Akagehisa posted...
And yet, Persona 3 is better,,,

My god, what's with all this hype for this game? I mean,,, I love it, I played the game on the Ps2 and I'm playing it right now on the Vita,,, but seriously,, all thus hype is getting annoying,,

Is it because this generation didn't had as much JRPG as the ps2 gen.??

FFX is just as better as persona 4 in all aspects, Xenosaga 1, 2 and 3 had great story and character development, much much better than P3 and 4! just to name a few,,,

Geez,,,

It's not hype. Its just people(including you) not understanding that thier opinion is not some universal law/standard. Alot of people like the game, but on boards like these, rather than people saying "Wow, I like this game alot" its "This game is the best game ever!!". And people who liked other games more, or didn't like this game get upset and rather than saying "I wasn't a huge fan of this game"/"I liked X game better." they shout back "This game sucks" or "This game is so overrated". It's from there that things like "fanboy", "sheep", "troll" and other useless, childish labels are derived.

It is hype. When you read a bunch of topics like this every day is hype.

And it is not even a Vita game, is a PS2 game. thats the sad part.

OOt and persona 4 are not even the same genre, there is no point in comparing them, and it only leads to fanboy wars.
#173GeminiX7Posted 12/13/2012 9:40:36 AM
Akagehisa posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
Akagehisa posted...
And yet, Persona 3 is better,,,

My god, what's with all this hype for this game? I mean,,, I love it, I played the game on the Ps2 and I'm playing it right now on the Vita,,, but seriously,, all thus hype is getting annoying,,

Is it because this generation didn't had as much JRPG as the ps2 gen.??

FFX is just as better as persona 4 in all aspects, Xenosaga 1, 2 and 3 had great story and character development, much much better than P3 and 4! just to name a few,,,

Geez,,,

It's not hype. Its just people(including you) not understanding that thier opinion is not some universal law/standard. Alot of people like the game, but on boards like these, rather than people saying "Wow, I like this game alot" its "This game is the best game ever!!". And people who liked other games more, or didn't like this game get upset and rather than saying "I wasn't a huge fan of this game"/"I liked X game better." they shout back "This game sucks" or "This game is so overrated". It's from there that things like "fanboy", "sheep", "troll" and other useless, childish labels are derived.

It is hype. When you read a bunch of topics like this every day is hype.

And it is not even a Vita game, is a PS2 game. thats the sad part.

OOt and persona 4 are not even the same genre, there is no point in comparing them, and it only leads to fanboy wars.

Hype comes before you see a game. When you get previews of something, and people blow it up to be something greater than what it actually is. When you have a hype-man in boxing or rapping, he's promoting the fighter's next bout or the musician's next album. If the game comes out and people sing it's praises still, it's not hype. It's thier favorable opinion. Again, you don't like the game, which is completely fine, but you seem to assume your opinion is divine law, or holds more weight than others for whatever reason, so when people show appreciation for the game, it has to be "wrong" in some way. In your case, you just call it hype.

No one is saying it's an original game. No one is saying that it's a replacement for OoT(just that it ranked around the same as OoT in someone else's mind). You are pulling those issues out your arse because you can't accept people genuinely love the game just because you don't.

YOUR OPINION IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN OTHERS JUST BECAUSE IT IS WHAT YOU BELIEVE.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#174paulboh2remakePosted 12/13/2012 9:41:18 AM
it was great buuut....

It isnt like SAO yet....VR is the standard we should be looking at
---
PSN: SirrusBoh
#175KingPeovizZPosted 12/13/2012 10:02:52 AM
Have u ever played FFVI or Crono Trigger ?
#176Lelouch71Posted 12/13/2012 4:08:34 PM
lol no

It's a good game, but not a great game. It's not even in my top 10 let alone being my favorite megaten title. Hell I easily prefer both P2s and P3 over it. Also the story isn't that great. It's mediocre to average at best. The characters and gameplay is the only thing good about it.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#177ManjiMidouPosted 12/13/2012 4:19:42 PM
KingPeovizZ posted...
Have u ever played FFVI or Crono Trigger ?

l fail to see the greatness of Chrono Trigger, l much prefer Chrono Cross.
#178HeavysackPosted 12/13/2012 5:24:02 PM
Persona 4 is up there and the reviews back up that statement, sorry to the negative folks : ( you got nothing, but " I feel it isn't" that is great :D
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s544sFja5k
#179Lord_FroodPosted 12/13/2012 5:57:58 PM
Well this topic went exactly as expected.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#180Raven236Posted 12/13/2012 5:59:42 PM
It was well worth my $60.
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura