Objectively speaking, Persona 4: Golden might just be the greatest game of time

#21ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 1:30:48 PM
Witnessing, zanagi's awakening for the first time, was just amazing.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#22Safros93Posted 12/12/2012 1:32:31 PM
It's good, but I don't think it's great.

My view on it.

Length: Good length. Nothing bad to say about this.

Cast: I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the cast in this game. Chie and Yukiko never clicked with me. Kanji is gold though.

Story: Good, but I wouldn't say great. The journey is what made the game good, not the plot itself.

Graphics are okay. The menus look great, but the in-game graphics weren't that great. I suppose they did stand the test of time, but only because of their simplicity. I'm not very fond of they style of the character models... or the graphics in general.

It was pretty funny.

Some of the music was good, then there was some that grated on my nerves... it has a better soundtrack than 3's overall, but 3's best themes were far better than 4's best. As for in comparison to other RPGs, I can't honestly say that Persona 4 or any SMT even comes close to rivaling Uematsu's FF soundtracks.

Yeah, it's cool how you do learn things. That is something that I really liked.

I like S.Links but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't there. I'm not a big fan of social sims, but this game did them right.

And this is the biggest problem for me, Persona 3 and 4 are both a drag to play. I enjoy turn-based RPGs but something about P3 and P4 feels incredibly tedious, the only reason I kept playing the games was for the characters interactions and for the story.

Just so you see someone else's opinion on this game... and to show you that not everyone is going to agree with you. I find it annoying when someone says something like "This is the greatest game ever because I liked certain elements of said game and I'm sure everyone else agrees with me."
#23FindmeElseweyrPosted 12/12/2012 1:34:11 PM
lol its like this is your first jrpg or something.

like did you start gaming with the 360?
---
I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
#24JobocanPosted 12/12/2012 1:34:25 PM
While I'm loving persona 4 so far (just finished Naoto's dungeon), it's definitely really fun and the best thing on the Vita right now, but I do have a few minor problems with it.

The pacing is mindblowingly slow (I hate having to wait so long after finishing a dungeon for the story to start advancing again), the battle system is too easy to exploit especially when you level Rise up (the only time a fight challenged me was the first dungeon boss... And no, I don't grind), and fusion is useless since Izanagi makes other personas useless (at level 51, my Izanagi is twice as strong as level 70 Personas I can fuse).

As for this topic, it's stupid. No game ever can objectively be called "the greatest" and your whole post was solely opinion and fanboyism.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#25Manilo_PunishPosted 12/12/2012 1:40:36 PM
It seems like everyone and their mom likes this game. I just don't know if it'd be a right fit for me. I like rpgs, especially old-school ones. I just don't like the whole anime influence so I'm not sure. Never played a persona game before.

I got disgaea 3 on day 1 and while I like the combat, I hate the story and the whole anime influence. It's fun, but I can't help but think it's such cheese whenever someone talks (aka a lot).

I've learned to just skip video game storylines most of the time. So so so many terrible stories/dialogue in video games. Is persona the same way? I think I'll buy it someday when my backlog drops a bit but I dunno..
---
The Punish.
#26ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 1:41:03 PM
Jobocan posted...
While I'm loving persona 4 so far (just finished Naoto's dungeon), it's definitely really fun and the best thing on the Vita right now, but I do have a few minor problems with it.

The pacing is mindblowingly slow (I hate having to wait so long after finishing a dungeon for the story to start advancing again), the battle system is too easy to exploit especially when you level Rise up (the only time a fight challenged me was the first dungeon boss... And no, I don't grind), and fusion is useless since Izanagi makes other personas useless (at level 51, my Izanagi is twice as strong as level 70 Personas I can fuse).

As for this topic, it's stupid. No game ever can objectively be called "the greatest" and your whole post was solely opinion and fanboyism.

Note: "might," not "undoubtedly."

Your closing line failed, or whatever you want to call it, it's your opinion but it shows you failed to comprehend the topic.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#27Tempest717Posted 12/12/2012 1:42:24 PM
How does a list of subjective points make a game objectively the best?
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#28ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 1:44:16 PM
Tempest717 posted...
How does a list of subjective points make a game objectively the best?

Way too obvious.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#29Sho_Minamimoto_Posted 12/12/2012 1:46:55 PM
http://plus4chan.org/b/jam/src/133737494131.jpg
---
SINE! COSINE! TANGENT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4xPatGKA
#30fourgigmanPosted 12/12/2012 1:52:57 PM
What are you guys even talking about? The game hasn't even been released yet!
---
Contender Eliminated.