Whose with me! Replace your old SquareEnix/Capcom loyalties with Atlus/Sega

#11benhodPosted 12/16/2012 9:51:13 AM
Never had any loyalties to Capcom, SquareEnix have been utter garbage this gen, always enjoy Atlus games and not played anything from Sega in ages.
True loyalties lay with NIS though
---
Wishes we could go back to the days of gaming where developers released finished products and the consumers weren't QA testers
#12GeassMasterPosted 12/16/2012 10:00:49 AM
I don't really like Atlus that much anymore either. They seem kind of lazy recently.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#13XeedragonPosted 12/16/2012 10:04:59 AM
GeassMaster posted...
I don't really like Atlus that much anymore either. They seem kind of lazy recently.

Square Enix and Atlus are terrible. Sega, I only like for Racing, Shadow, and Unleashed. Capcom for Marvel VS Capcom and getting rid of Megaman, which which were two of the best decisions in videogame history.
#14finaljayfantasyPosted 12/16/2012 10:07:23 AM
badboy posted...
Atlus is terrible, sorry.
Square may not be in their golden age, but they're still making awesome games.

Yea they are still making awesome games that they wont put out (FFVSXIII or FF Type0) SE died when they added Enix in to the mix and i dont ever see them becoming the great company they once were again. Im still a fan of SE but im not blind
---
PSN:death666life, XBL:doublexlgamers, www.youtube.com/doublexlgamers
#15XeedragonPosted 12/16/2012 10:10:19 AM
finaljayfantasy posted...
badboy posted...
Atlus is terrible, sorry.
Square may not be in their golden age, but they're still making awesome games.

Yea they are still making awesome games that they wont put out (FFVSXIII or FF Type0) SE died when they added Enix in to the mix and i dont ever see them becoming the great company they once were again. Im still a fan of SE but im not blind

Have they actually released any major announced games since XIV?
#16mjnoir1Posted 12/16/2012 10:14:11 AM
Xeedragon posted...
GeassMaster posted...

Square Enix and Atlus are terrible. Sega, I only like for Racing, Shadow, and Unleashed. Capcom for Marvel VS Capcom and getting rid of Megaman, which which were two of the best decisions in videogame history.

Nope getting rid of megaman was one of the worst things they ever did. Why they canceled legends 3 when it woulda made them tons of cash is beyond me.
#17blazingsonicPosted 12/16/2012 10:18:05 AM
I tell you what, If Sega repackages Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2 for the Vita then I will put them on my favorites list again, I mean I do enjoy Sonic and Generations was the best Sonic game for me yet. But Sega needs to give other series their love, ironically they are taking the good route Capcom took but decided to go off road and over a cliff.
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#18__starsnostarsPosted 12/16/2012 10:49:27 AM
Atlas is good. I don't think I play any sega games though.
---
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden
#19OrangeCrush980Posted 12/16/2012 10:50:59 AM
Namco > all of those companies
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#20maxmansupaPosted 12/16/2012 10:59:53 AM
NettoSaito posted...
SEGA has gone down hill faster than anyone else. SEGA forced Sonic Team to release Sonic 06 before it was finished for the holidays, SEGA then blamed it on it's style of play so they switched Sonic games over to the Unleashed style. The original Unleashed games weren't that great, with minor improvements being made in Sonic Colors. Sonic Generations finally did it right, but SEGA flat out said it would be the last Sonic game to use that style, so there goes that.

SEGA doesn't advertise games like Infinite Space, Phantasy Star Zero, Phantasy Star Portable 2, or Sands of Destruction, so they didn't sell well which caused SEGA to lose quite a lot of money. Then, just this year, SEGA actually canned MOST of the games they were working on because they didn't have the funding, and they didn't feel that they would sell. One of their newest games, Valkyria Chronicles 3, also wont be seeing a release in the US, simply because it's on the PSP, and VC2 didn't sell well because of the very same reason.

Now, how is Square and Capcom doing worse than that?

Currently all SEGA has to offer is Phantasy Star Online 2, Sonic Racing Transformed, Shinobi 3DS, Sonic Generations, and the rerelease of Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS into Dreams. Half of which are old games... (Although Yakuza 5 is in the works as well)

Also, just so you guys know. I'm a huge SEGA fan lol. I buy just about every one of their games, and I look forward to each new release, but SEGA is really going down hill.

Again, it's not nearly as bad as Capcom or Square Enix to most people, the fact that Sega can still put out quality is the main thing going for them. It seems like you feel they're going downhill because they don't advertise, which is kind of a silly point to make, relatively speaking.

Side note, where did you hear that Sonic Generations was the last time they were going to use that style?