Are Capcom and SE really as bad as people say they are?

#1Raven236Posted 12/20/2012 9:56:38 PM
*Topic*

Capcom's SF X Tekken seems to be avoided by even the hard core fans.
Someting about overworked staff....

And SE well FFXIII Lighting Returns seems to have cause a fuss..

But seriously are they really that bad?

Capcom gave us SF, and SE has FF.
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
#2Tempest717Posted 12/20/2012 9:57:51 PM
They were good and now they're bad. Not that hard to understand.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#3TheExiled280Posted 12/20/2012 10:04:54 PM(edited)
Capcom is crap IMO? MH4 looks good but that's about it.

I still like $E but I don't like where the company is headed. On the hand, I'm hyped about Lightning Returns after seeing the trailer. Other the other hand, I'm disgusted that FVI is getting a remake for iOS as opposed a real gaming system (3DS, hell DS would be better)

Oh before I forget:

INB4:HatersFlameMeForLikingTheFFXIIISeries
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV) & Growlanser WoT(PSP)
#4_Shikoba_Posted 12/20/2012 10:01:37 PM
Meh. I like SF games. Not really into SFxT though with the gems and such. Capcom also makes Monster Hunter, which I really enjoy.

I liked FFXIII. One day I'll get around to playing FFXIII-2 and possibly 3.

They are not perfect, but that doesn't mean I don't like some of their games.
---
Nintendo Network: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains
#5xfactorPosted 12/20/2012 10:04:33 PM
Capcom made Resident Evil Revelations and SE made Bravely Default. Both has been supporting the ios in their own major ways too (FF4 port etc).

They are only hated here because they didn't support the Vita good enough.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#6TheExiled280Posted 12/20/2012 10:08:48 PM(edited)
^that post.... Wow.... Just wow....
Trolls are desperate huh?

BTW, I want Braverly Default localized but $E and it's great decision making may keep that from happening. They would rather localize more iOS games them give us a real game. :/
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV) & Growlanser WoT(PSP)
#7StrikeNinja24Posted 12/20/2012 10:15:16 PM
Capcom has basically become the new Activision and are up to EA levels with their DLC practices, killing off their smaller franchises, and throwing their bigger names to terrible third party devs in hopes to milk money in a yearly fashion.

And they know that ignorant people will still keep buying these games. Lost Planet 3 had to be the first time I have ever seen that many negative previews on any game. Considering it's made by what could be the worst developer still in existence, I can't be that surprise.

SE has been basically announcing games left and right, and not releasing them for years, instead releasing lesser known games with little acclaim. SE really isn't that bad, just forgotten for the most part....except for the milking of FF13, which almost no one asked for. Versus people, not 13-3.

But idiots will continue to buy their games, so these practices will completely flourish. It will probably overtake the industry too.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#8syctheweilderPosted 12/20/2012 10:16:36 PM(edited)
The laundry list of things capcom has done to antagonize it's customers should speak for itself, but some people are hesitant to wake up and smell the roses.

The worst thing one can accuse Square Enix of is producing a series of mediocre titles that do little to disgrace the name attached to it, and not localizing games that people want.
#9xfactorPosted 12/20/2012 10:29:40 PM(edited)
I dislike the fact that Capcom canned MML3 and the poorly made RE6, but they have more than compensate by announcing/releasing titles like MH4, Ace Attorney 5, RE Revelations, EX Troopers etc.

I dislike the fact that SE FF brand is declining, but they have also make it up by those ios ports, Chaos Ring titles, DQ7 remake, Bravely Default, Theatrhythm FF etc.

Sony fanboys shouldn't hate them just because they are treating Sony platforms bad.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#10ServantOfErieosPosted 12/20/2012 10:40:03 PM
This is kind of what represents the two companies.

Quality games = Yep
Ethics = Nope

Atrocities committed between these two:
You have locked DLC, half-packaged games, AWFUL, AWFUL IAP pricing (iOS), Multiple reiterations of one game sold at almost full retail price. (COD-like) Treat workers, awfully.

Out of these two, Capcom is definitely the worst offender.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...