is p4g really that good? It seems kinda cheesy

#11kcypher2000Posted 12/21/2012 8:07:55 PM
Its a good game but way overhyped on the Vita board. That is more a reflection of how desperate Vita owners are for a good game however.

Its beyond me how a port of a several years old game that was from last gen can get higher reviews now than when it came out and was actually NEW.
#12darkdragongirlPosted 12/21/2012 8:08:41 PM
Mr. Morooka:And, I would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for those love drunk kids, and their talking bear! You're all on my **** list!
---
Playing: Japanese Boy 4: The Girl-den
Rise might be your waifu, but Jack Frost is my bufu
#132ndAtomiskPosted 12/21/2012 8:08:50 PM
I mean, nothing will ever be as dark as Drakengard was, but yeah, play Persona 3 for a dark RPG. Better yet, play Digitial Devil Saga 1 & 2. I haven't played P4 at all but it's story revolves around kidnappings and murder right? And I know Teddie isn't always your moral support in battle and that there is child death.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#14lunchEATSyouPosted 12/21/2012 8:17:26 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
I mean, nothing will ever be as dark as Drakengard was

Drakengard was flat out brutal...
---
"I knew it! It's a zombie! Miss, it's illegal to be a zombie!"
#15loldhardPosted 12/21/2012 8:19:43 PM
Funny how some people think that all Vita Owner = PS2 Owner, eh their troll logic fails anyway.
#16HeavysackPosted 12/21/2012 8:22:04 PM
Compare Persona 4 to Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest......... yeah, nothing cheesy about Persona 4. Its one of the best games ever made, get over it haters.
---
3DS sells more then Vita, McDonald's sells more then Subway. I don't want inferior hardware just like I don't want type 2 Diabetes!
#17Lord_VishanaPosted 12/21/2012 8:24:59 PM
Heavysack posted...
Compare Persona 4 to Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest......... yeah, nothing cheesy about Persona 4. Its one of the best games ever made, get over it haters.

It's a great game but it isn't one of the best games ever made. Dragon Quest isn't cheesy either.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF
http://i.imgur.com/Z1oaS.gif http://i.imgur.com/TuxD8.jpg?2
#18JudeasPosted 12/21/2012 8:25:21 PM
Well the main plot of the story revolves around a murder mystery.
That isn't particularly childish or immature.

The characer development and S.Links are also pretty mature, since they go into the mindsets of alot of the characters.

As for the music and battles, that doesn't really change.
---
And then God created Saturn...and he liked it, so he put a ring on it.
#19steevo_669(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 8:25:55 PM
thanks guys. so far i've came up with persona 3, dark souls and witcher, but it turns out two of those are for pc and i would have to get a new graphics card and power supply to run those games. Aside from the characters repeatedly shooting themselves in the head persona 3 looks good.
---
psn: balllinsbb
#20StrikeNinja24Posted 12/21/2012 8:26:07 PM
Heavysack posted...

Hell, Kingdom Hearts is more serious than Persona 4. It barely qualifies as being a JRPG, rather an interactive dating simulator with some RPG elements on the side.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin