is p4g really that good? It seems kinda cheesy

#101Whitecat007Posted 12/22/2012 4:04:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#102Nightmare637Posted 12/22/2012 4:08:25 PM(edited)
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
You're going to tell me this isn't basically the cheapest form of a Shonen manga (and is why the Japanese swoon over the series)?

Please enlighten me. That's all I've seen in this game. I had a rant written up, but I just wanna see what exactly deviates from anything you can read in a manga and what, if anything at all, will make me give two ***** about any of these high school brats.

yes or no, answer the question.

Halfway through it, already spoiled the ending.

there are 5 endings which one did you hear about?

oh and it sounds like you never reached, a very emotionly charged depressing scene.
#103thompsontalker7Posted 12/22/2012 4:05:30 PM
People actually think that playing any game suddenly makes them a certain age?

I shiggy dig
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#104StrikeNinja24Posted 12/22/2012 4:07:55 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
You're going to tell me this isn't basically the cheapest form of a Shonen manga (and is why the Japanese swoon over the series)?

Please enlighten me. That's all I've seen in this game. I had a rant written up, but I just wanna see what exactly deviates from anything you can read in a manga and what, if anything at all, will make me give two ***** about any of these high school brats.

The true ending, after finding out how much of a pain in the ass it was to get.

Also out of curiosity looked up what would happen if you didn't save someone on time. Very lackluster.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#105StrikeNinja24Posted 12/22/2012 4:09:18 PM
Whitecat007 posted...
You mad ? Go to the 3DS board if you don't like the Vita. Go play pokemon and buy yourself the DVDs of the show, that sounds like a typical Saturday night for you guys, haha. I'm going to a birthday party and going to get crunck : )

Gamefaqs is your party, I'm going to check later to see what stupid #### you post back. Actually .............. SIKE!!! I gave you too much of my time and you aren't #### you ugly ass pokemon catching nerd.

Wow.

Just....wow.

See Vita fans? That's your mascot right there. You should be proud.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#106Spiffy247Posted 12/22/2012 4:10:59 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Whitecat007 posted...
You mad ? Go to the 3DS board if you don't like the Vita. Go play pokemon and buy yourself the DVDs of the show, that sounds like a typical Saturday night for you guys, haha. I'm going to a birthday party and going to get crunck : )

Gamefaqs is your party, I'm going to check later to see what stupid #### you post back. Actually .............. SIKE!!! I gave you too much of my time and you aren't #### you ugly ass pokemon catching nerd.

Wow.

Just....wow.

See Vita fans? That's your mascot right there. You should be proud.

I agree he's acting kinda stupid.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#107UniversquallPosted 12/22/2012 4:17:06 PM
Whitecat007 developed P4:TG?
---
NP: Suikoden III (PS2) Assassin's Creed III (PS3) MNR (Vita) Total Annihilation (PC) Xenoblade (Wii U) Nope (360)
#108Nightmare637Posted 12/22/2012 4:18:24 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

The true ending, after finding out how much of a pain in the ass it was to get.

Also out of curiosity looked up what would happen if you didn't save someone on time. Very lackluster.

well there is an ending for basically being a hypocrite and killing someone the same way, and one that the development team seemed fit to label you as a monster.

and the normal ending is a pain in the @ss to get, the True end is actually very simple just hard to catch.Adachi and Ameno sagiri are the third and second to last bosses
#109Mewtwo_soulPosted 12/22/2012 4:27:24 PM(edited)
You know what's really cheesy?

When a game drowns itself in a dark setting over and over again without any lighthearted moments.

Allmost as bad as games that compollute themselves with a bunch of "mature themes" just to make it appear as if it's a mature based game when it's actually being very juvenile about how it presents itself and yet people think that the self-contained themes equates to making them mature for playing said games or the game made mature despite how it uses or maintains these themes.

Maybe that's just me.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#110asianboy345Posted 12/22/2012 4:21:13 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Whitecat007 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...
Persona 4: Lighthearted tone with a deep overwhelming dread that gradually creeps in slowly.

Persona 3: DARK BLOOD COFFINS DARK EVIL RAWR!!!

Don't get me wrong. Persona 3 is an awesome game. It just seems to go overboard on trying to be dark. Kinda like that 13-year-old who writes fanfiction titled "The Blood of the Crimson Moon."

This is why I like Persona 4 more. It appeals more to me as an adult rather than Persona 3's overdone darkness, which appeals more to an adolescence trying to feel more adult by playing a "dark" game, which is why I keep making fun of it through my playthrough of it on youtube.

I felt more adult playing Pokemon than playing P4G aka Shonen manga in game form.

Meaning not at all.

XD what a load of BS, then again everything you post has the same theme of BS in them.

This coming from the guy who claimed there was no PS2 disk read error issue and if I remember correctly, claimed that the 3DS was made by Fisher Price.

Look, how about we all end this little meaningless argument with the notion that there will always be people with different opinions that you do. This goes for both sides.

Strikeninja, I respect your opinions and I have seen your rant. It have some good points that I agree with but for most people, they can be overlook because the experience as a whole is enjoyable for them. However, obviously, it was not completely enjoyable for you and that's understandable since people have different tastes. You claimed that this game is no different than generic Shonen manga and while I disagree with that, I will not try to convince you otherwise. If you feel that strongly about a game then not even the most influential speaker can change your mind. All I ask is that you came to an understanding yourself that many people enjoy this game because they like the generic shonen manga that you seems to loathe so much.

This game shares some similar tropes and elements with those shonen manga, but it's also a game. You are mainly judging a game by one of its many pieces. The story may not be really that great and the gameplay not exactly special or innovative, but the two elements together makes an entertaining and enjoyable game for most people, especially its core audience. If you can't come to grip with why some people like this sort of things, then just ignore them and go play what you truly enjoy. Just don't be like those people who pull the overrated card at the first sign of a popular game just for the sake of hating it. P4G is a good game, but like any form of entertainment, it cannot please anyone. If it's not that spectacular in your opinion and you would like it to feel less like a Shonen manga, more power to you, but don't diss people who actually find some enjoyment out of this game just because they disagree with your opinions.

Now, for the people on the other side, I'll keep this short.

If you are like me, a gamer who personally love this game for what it is, then other people's opinions should not affect you in anyway. If people disagree with your viewing on a game, then don't make a fool out of yourself and start calling them haters idiots for not sharing your opinions. If you like a game, then it's a good game to you. Likewise, if you don't like a game, try to be more mature and see why other people might like what you hate. It might tells you something about yourself as a person.

All I'm saying is, just don't be a d*ck. Different people have different ideas of fun and entertainment. Accept other people's tastes with respect for what they are and they will do the same to you.