is p4g really that good? It seems kinda cheesy

#81StrikeNinja24Posted 12/22/2012 2:10:03 AM
Lord_Kagato posted...
Persona 4: Lighthearted tone with a deep overwhelming dread that gradually creeps in slowly.

Persona 3: DARK BLOOD COFFINS DARK EVIL RAWR!!!

Don't get me wrong. Persona 3 is an awesome game. It just seems to go overboard on trying to be dark. Kinda like that 13-year-old who writes fanfiction titled "The Blood of the Crimson Moon."

This is why I like Persona 4 more. It appeals more to me as an adult rather than Persona 3's overdone darkness, which appeals more to an adolescence trying to feel more adult by playing a "dark" game, which is why I keep making fun of it through my playthrough of it on youtube.

I felt more adult playing Pokemon than playing P4G aka Shonen manga in game form.

Meaning not at all.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#82UniversquallPosted 12/22/2012 3:01:38 AM
They completely changed P4 when it got TG'd or it's just suddenly not a good game now?
---
NP: Suikoden III (PS2) Assassin's Creed III (PS3) MNR (Vita) Total Annihilation (PC) Xenoblade (Wii U) Nope (360)
#83Ivajosh10Posted 12/22/2012 3:09:37 AM
Putting it simply, as a jrpg it is that good, it IS a niche title and if it's not your thing, then move on. If you haven't played P4 on the PS2 it holds up incredibly well for a Port that contains more content and less frustration when fusing personas.
---
PSN: Ivajosh; GT: Ivajosh90; Steam: Ivajosh
#84badboyPosted 12/22/2012 3:17:12 AM(edited)
It's not a "serious" RPG. The game is approx. 80% cutscenes and dating scenes, 20% grinding in maze-like dungeons. The only thing I really like about it is the battle system and the personas. The story is like the ones you'll find in modern anime series, not something as in the other RPGs where you travel between towns and dungeons.
#85Lord_KagatoPosted 12/22/2012 4:13:36 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...
Persona 4: Lighthearted tone with a deep overwhelming dread that gradually creeps in slowly.

Don't get me wrong. Persona 3 is an awesome game. It just seems to go overboard on trying to be dark. Kinda like that 13-year-old who writes fanfiction titled "The Blood of the Crimson Moon."

This is why I like Persona 4 more. It appeals more to me as an adult rather than Persona 3's overdone darkness, which appeals more to an adolescence trying to feel more adult by playing a "dark" game, which is why I keep making fun of it through my playthrough of it on youtube.

I felt more adult playing Pokemon than playing P4G aka Shonen manga in game form.

Meaning not at all.

That's ok. You'll grow up eventually.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#86StrikeNinja24Posted 12/22/2012 4:17:07 PM
Lord_Kagato posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...

Meaning not at all.

If you can't defend the game, insult the individual in the most farfetched way possible.

Thanks for letting people know that I'm right.
---
#87Nightmare637Posted 12/22/2012 4:17:57 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...

Meaning not at all.

If you can't defend the game, insult the individual in the most farfetched way possible.

Have you played the game all the way through?
#88ManuKesnaPosted 12/22/2012 4:18:10 PM
Lord_Kagato posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...

Meaning not at all.

to be fair you didnt say any valid argument lol
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#89StrikeNinja24Posted 12/22/2012 4:28:02 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...

Meaning not at all.

Have you played the game all the way through?

You're going to tell me this isn't basically the cheapest form of a Shonen manga (and is why the Japanese swoon over the series)?

Please enlighten me. That's all I've seen in this game. I had a rant written up, but I just wanna see what exactly deviates from anything you can read in a manga and what, if anything at all, will make me give two ***** about any of these high school brats.
---
#90Whitecat007Posted 12/22/2012 4:30:32 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...

Meaning not at all.

XD what a load of BS, then again everything you post has the same theme of BS in them.