The Vita cards aren't overpriced

#11ITPPosted 12/23/2012 6:09:20 AM
darkphiresage posted...
Sxmfct posted...
Crayonmuffin posted...
32GB vita card=80-100 dollars depending on where you get it.

Same type of card, same size, just not for Vita=about half the price.

25GB PS3 game = 40-50 depending on where you get it.

Same type of disc, same size, just not for PS3 = 1% of the price.

See where this is going?

ps3 discs have full games on them. games that needed developers, writers, animators, traslators, etc. comparing them to prices of blank discs is pretty pointless. vita memory cards, on the other hand, are no different from other memory cards with the exception of size/shape and price. they all have software that saves data. no new abilities, no new tech, no new software, no new functions. they just. save. games. a pretty simple task we've been doing for decades now.

needing the extra cash to fund content manager is bs as well. all it does is move programs from one place to another. the only thing that r&d had to do is disable it's functions when not connected to the net. i don't know jack **** about programming, and i'd still bet money it didn't take more than a few days to develop it, if that.

you have absolutely no idea what you are saying. content manager does not simply "move things from one place to the other", it's a completely closed file management interface that has specific interfaces and sources /.destinations. It is built to interface with the new DRM Vita memory cards have on one side, with a special set of commands programmed into the PS3 on another side, and with a special "assistant" application built into the Vita firmware that is installed on Windows.

that means it has to interface with 3 different types of file systems, and use the correct security protocols for each, as well as correctly scan the correct sources and destinations of files and correctly identify and brand software as compatible or incompatible.
#12kyncaniPosted 12/23/2012 6:09:31 AM
ITP posted...
you only have Sony, meaning no competition, which means they are allowed to charge a higher price

There's a word for that : overpriced.
#13CrayonmuffinPosted 12/23/2012 6:14:18 AM
kyncani posted...
ITP posted...
you only have Sony, meaning no competition, which means they are allowed to charge a higher price

This.
#14ITPPosted 12/23/2012 6:20:01 AM
kyncani posted...
ITP posted...

not necessarily, I think that I agree more with stating that SD and microSD cards are hugely underpriced than with stating sony's cards are overpriced.

I don't feel ripped off if I pay 80$ for a 32GB card, or 40$ for a 16GB card, I do think that the 8GB should have been priced at 20$ and the 4GB at 10$, or maybe 15 and 25, but I didn't get those, nor will I, so it's not a huge issue for me.

how can you justify being outraged at 40$ for a difference of 16GB in size, when apple, samsung, HTC and others all price differences in memory storage size much more aggressively.

heck, have you compared X360 Hard Drive prices to the standardized laptop 2.5'' format that PS3 uses lately?
#15stargazer64Posted 12/23/2012 6:29:41 AM
So how's it working for Sony, TC? Good benefits? Decent medical?
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#162000eramaaxPosted 12/23/2012 7:00:10 AM
How do you feel paying 80+ dollars on a 32gb SD card when you can get double the storage for less than half the price.
---
WiiU/3DS Fc: 2363-6674-0779
maniax300/maax300/manax300
#17ITPPosted 12/23/2012 7:09:15 AM
2000eramaax posted...
How do you feel paying 80+ dollars on a 32gb SD card when you can get double the storage for less than half the price.

it is NOT an SD card, it is an M2 card most likely.

how much do M2 cards cost at 16$? what's that? the same or very close to the same?

cry moar please.

seriously though people, all Sony products use the Memory Stick type of cards since they are from the Sony group. Cameras, Phones, and PSPs all use either MS Pro Duo or M2. and both of those at the same size are very close in price to the Vita cards...

MS Pro Duo at 16GB (the PSP's cards) http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=MS+pro+duo+16GB&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AMS+pro+duo+16GB

Vita cards at 16GB http://www.amazon.com/16GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASAC/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356275269&sr=8-1&keywords=Vita+16GB

difference is only about 8$ and is sometimes actually cheaper, depending on where you buy it from.

not to mention that there are a ton of deals in which you can get a better price for the card upon purchase of a Vita.
#18kyncaniPosted 12/23/2012 7:56:29 AM
ITP posted...
kyncani posted...
ITP posted...

not necessarily, I think that I agree more with stating that SD and microSD cards are hugely underpriced than with stating sony's cards are overpriced.
[...]
how can you justify being outraged at 40$ for a difference of 16GB in size, when apple, samsung, HTC and others all price differences in memory storage size much more aggressively. heck, have you compared X360 Hard Drive prices to the standardized laptop 2.5'' format that PS3 uses lately?

Let's just say that regular industry-wide standard memory cards are underpriced, then from that point of view Sony's cards aren't overpriced anymore ? Well, ok, I guess.

Yeah, Sony is not the only one doing it, does not make it good. Proprietary components are bad and usually overpriced.
#19Koi_TenchiPosted 12/23/2012 8:06:31 AM
Sony provides me with protection when I purchase their memory cards?

Just what are they protecting me from?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#20ryudin89Posted 12/23/2012 8:07:50 AM
kyncani posted...
ITP posted...

Yep.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr