The Vita cards aren't overpriced

#101StrikeNinja24Posted 12/23/2012 2:53:43 PM
stargazer64 posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Ahhh! A year later and the same old b****ing. Yes they're overpriced and it's time for everyone to get over it.

This. It was even worse during the psp's first few years so you'd think people would have gotten over it a long time ago.

Attention humans: Sony will find a way to ream you. Get over it.

Then people have to stop complaining when others aren't happy with it. Letting companies think they can get away with anything is horrible for the consumer and the economy as a whole.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#102MegaMettaurPosted 12/23/2012 2:59:27 PM
Sxmfct posted...
Saying they're overpriced is silly, it's like saying Black Ops 2 is overpriced because compared to a blank Blu-ray, it is.

With normal SD cards what do you get? Nothing but storage
With Vita cards? You get protection, software, peace of mind. The extra costs of producing these cards (yes, it isn't just a standardised system, they developed a new machine to print these cards). So a lot of it is also in R&D.

So next time you claim they're overpriced, think of this thread.

I get protection from what? protection from fast transfer speeds? The card isn't what's protecting me, it's the data management software. The cards are alright at best and 100% not worth the price.

Amazon is selling 64gb micro sd cards for $49.99 that's double the space of sony's highest card for the vita, and half the price. There's not one excuse. They want to monopolize their own proprietary crap.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#103potato3334Posted 12/23/2012 3:05:12 PM
I'm not going to read through all of this, but I have a question:

Why did they have to make the Vita have a different memory card system? or even the PSP for that matter? Why not just use regular SD cards?
---
3DS FC- 3652-0531-1706 Pm me if added
xat.com/3dschannel
#104Angemon_23Posted 12/23/2012 3:07:08 PM
Why did they have to make the Vita have a different memory card system? or even the PSP for that matter? Why not just use regular SD cards?

Anti piracy measures.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#105BuretsuPosted 12/23/2012 3:09:04 PM
potato3334 posted...

$o $ony can $top the pirate$ from $imply u$ing regular $D card$.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#106xfactorPosted 12/23/2012 3:20:25 PM
Good thing that the vita's direct rival has been successing in stopping piracy since launch without needing a proprietary memory card.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#107DunGoofdPosted 12/23/2012 3:23:55 PM(edited)
Lmao @ ITP's horrible justification. You're basically saying Sony can charge whatever because of no competition.
#108kdiz4321Posted 12/23/2012 3:31:34 PM
potato3334 posted...

The PSP cards were made when SD cards first came out and Sony thought they could compete and make their cards industry standard. Of course they failed and SD became standard but they made a lot of devices that used the cards before that happened.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#109ironbruPosted 12/23/2012 3:33:40 PM

Anti piracy measures.

What anti piracy measures? The cards have nothing to do with it, all the anti piracy measures are on the Vita's OS and in content manager, nothing is on the cards at all. The Vita could be using any other type of memory card and the exact same anti piracy measures would still exist, the only difference would be cheaper memory cards. The anti piracy excuse is complete and utter BS.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.
#110Bleach313Posted 12/23/2012 3:42:22 PM
ironbru posted...

Anti piracy measures.

What anti piracy measures? The cards have nothing to do with it, all the anti piracy measures are on the Vita's OS and in content manager, nothing is on the cards at all. The Vita could be using any other type of memory card and the exact same anti piracy measures would still exist, the only difference would be cheaper memory cards. The anti piracy excuse is complete and utter BS.

That's the excuse Sony made but like everyone said, the hidden reason is $$$. I don't know much to anything as what it takes to hack a system but as we all know the PSP was hacked to the ground. It was hacked so bad you could play N64 games on it, and even download movies on it illegally and watch them.

Though I believe Sony's excuse this time holds up. It's been almost a whole year since the Vita's release and not one person yet has made a hack for it yet. Their is a guy that is trying to hack it and made a homebrew to get all PS# games off the PS3 on it, but we haven't heard from him since. So the mem cards do work to prevent piracy sort of, but give it another year and it'll be hacked.

Once again as we all know people will find some way to get games for free no matter what. It happens to every system and now I'm just waiting for the Wii U to get hacked. It's just a matter of time for every system no matter what a company tries to do.
---
Currently Playing: Persona 4 The Golden and Call of Duty Black Ops 2
PSN ID: yooobooyj