The Vita cards aren't overpriced

#131Shadowfxd2Posted 12/23/2012 8:37:28 PM
After the train wreck that piracy on the PSP created, I was very happy to see Sony go with a proprietary memory card for the Vita. I'm NOT, however, excited to see them ripping people off as blatantly as they are on them.

It sure is biting Sony in the ass, though, as them doing this certainly isn't helping Vita sales whatsoever.

You realize that Pro Duo is proprietary too. The problem with piracy isn't the cards, it's the software. The Vita software can go on a SD, Micro SD, Pro Duo, or the overly expensive Vita cards. Sony chose Vita cards as a cash grab, they didn't want PSP owners to just pop in a Pro Duo and not make atleast $20 for the 4GB Vita cards!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#132potato3334Posted 12/23/2012 8:41:28 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
This is such a silly conversation. Yes, the cards are overpriced. Why? Because people aren't enthusiastic about buying them at that price, which negatively impacts system sales. There's a reason the Vita is a colossal failure thus far, and while a lack of software is large part of the equation, intimidating hardware prices is another big one.

You can argue all day that the R&D and technology "justify" the price. But if people don't want to buy something at a given price, then it's overpriced. Period.

I agree with this guy.
Sony has their reasons to up the price of the memory cards, but the price is still ridiculous. The 3DS uses SD cards and has it been hacked yet? -.-
---
3DS FC- 3652-0531-1706 Pm me if added
xat.com/3dschannel
#133GLDanzegoPosted 12/23/2012 9:25:16 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
After the train wreck that piracy on the PSP created, I was very happy to see Sony go with a proprietary memory card for the Vita. I'm NOT, however, excited to see them ripping people off as blatantly as they are on them.

It sure is biting Sony in the ass, though, as them doing this certainly isn't helping Vita sales whatsoever.

You realize that Pro Duo is proprietary too. The problem with piracy isn't the cards, it's the software. The Vita software can go on a SD, Micro SD, Pro Duo, or the overly expensive Vita cards. Sony chose Vita cards as a cash grab, they didn't want PSP owners to just pop in a Pro Duo and not make atleast $20 for the 4GB Vita cards!

Pro Duos are proprietary in the sense that they're used in various products, all of which are made by Sony. They can also be accessed directly by a PC or Mac. However, that's not the degree of "proprietary" that I'm referring to. What I'm talking about is proprietary in that only the Vita uses a Vita memory card and the only way you can access the card (at the consumer level) is through the system itself. Big difference.
#134maximumbarmagePosted 12/23/2012 9:26:26 PM
They are.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#135DrgonbxcrossPosted 12/24/2012 8:49:06 AM
LitCandlez posted...
ryudin89 posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
ryudin89 posted...
Unknown_Z28 posted...
Talk about first world problems.

What else would there be on a VIDEO GAME FORUM?!?!?

Discussion of how racist video game companies are for not asking what Africa wants in a game.

I'm sure Africans have bigger things to worry about.

Why? You think all Africans are starving? Making blanket statements about Africa only makes you look bad.

I think he was referring to power struggles and militias. Way to jump the gun on that one :P
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#136dj___rollPosted 12/24/2012 9:58:23 AM
Quote:stargazer64 posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Ahhh! A year later and the same old b****ing. Yes they're overpriced and it's time for everyone to get over it.

This. It was even worse during the psp's first few years so you'd think people would have gotten over it a long time ago.

Attention humans: Sony will find a way to ream you. Get over it.

Then people have to stop complaining when others aren't happy with it. Letting companies think they can get away with anything is horrible for the consumer and the economy as a whole.

@StrikeNinja24
So don't buy it and shut up. Speak with your wallets instead of clogging up message boards with petty complaining and whining that won't accomplish anything. No one is letting them do anything. You're just being paranoid and overly obsessive over a small thing.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#137StrikeNinja24Posted 12/24/2012 10:13:51 AM
dj___roll posted...
Quote:stargazer64 posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Ahhh! A year later and the same old b****ing. Yes they're overpriced and it's time for everyone to get over it.

This. It was even worse during the psp's first few years so you'd think people would have gotten over it a long time ago.

Attention humans: Sony will find a way to ream you. Get over it.

Then people have to stop complaining when others aren't happy with it. Letting companies think they can get away with anything is horrible for the consumer and the economy as a whole.

@StrikeNinja24
So don't buy it and shut up. Speak with your wallets instead of clogging up message boards with petty complaining and whining that won't accomplish anything. No one is letting them do anything. You're just being paranoid and overly obsessive over a small thing.

Please, that is exactly what is happening. To support DD only is a terrible idea, as well as to let a company have a monopoly is an awful thing to want.

Here is the thing, just not buying things doesnt get the message across. Companies will sit there and come up with hundreds of different ways that it failed. However, the funniest thing about this industry is that complaints on a massive scale is the best way to get anything done.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#138RyuuHou25Posted 12/24/2012 11:04:16 AM
Love TCs comparisons as an argument

Durrrrrrr, this memory card and ones that are nearly identical but just slightly different to only work on the Vita aren't overpriced, because.....

This blank disc is cheaper than this disc with a GAME on it. *facepalm*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#139DevilStriderPosted 12/24/2012 11:24:08 AM
This guy again.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#140DevilStriderPosted 12/24/2012 11:30:27 AM
All the people that say SD and MicroSD cards are more expensive are getting ripped off. I don't know where you guys are getting your memory but I get mine far cheaper than Sony memory.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."