The Vita cards aren't overpriced

#141kyomagiPosted 12/24/2012 11:41:51 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
After the train wreck that piracy on the PSP created, I was very happy to see Sony go with a proprietary memory card for the Vita. I'm NOT, however, excited to see them ripping people off as blatantly as they are on them.

It sure is biting Sony in the ass, though, as them doing this certainly isn't helping Vita sales whatsoever.

You realize that Pro Duo is proprietary too. The problem with piracy isn't the cards, it's the software. The Vita software can go on a SD, Micro SD, Pro Duo, or the overly expensive Vita cards. Sony chose Vita cards as a cash grab, they didn't want PSP owners to just pop in a Pro Duo and not make atleast $20 for the 4GB Vita cards!

and did you know that there were knock offs that were 90% cheaper and you could get them not too long after release?
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#142xXkewls0358Posted 12/24/2012 12:01:22 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
dj___roll posted...
Quote:stargazer64 posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Ahhh! A year later and the same old b****ing. Yes they're overpriced and it's time for everyone to get over it.

This. It was even worse during the psp's first few years so you'd think people would have gotten over it a long time ago.

Attention humans: Sony will find a way to ream you. Get over it.

Then people have to stop complaining when others aren't happy with it. Letting companies think they can get away with anything is horrible for the consumer and the economy as a whole.

@StrikeNinja24
So don't buy it and shut up. Speak with your wallets instead of clogging up message boards with petty complaining and whining that won't accomplish anything. No one is letting them do anything. You're just being paranoid and overly obsessive over a small thing.

Please, that is exactly what is happening. To support DD only is a terrible idea, as well as to let a company have a monopoly is an awful thing to want.

Here is the thing, just not buying things doesnt get the message across. Companies will sit there and come up with hundreds of different ways that it failed. However, the funniest thing about this industry is that complaints on a massive scale is the best way to get anything done.

or they'll just find something else to blame why their product isn't successful... and so on... if things don't go their way (ripping consumers off)
---
fEeD mEh!!1
#143HalecticPosted 12/24/2012 3:30:19 PM
When you have a monopoly on something, you can charge what you want and people will be forced to pay it due to having no alternative.

Since sony made their own special memory card no one else can duplicate legally, they can price gouge
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#144j2zon2591Posted 12/24/2012 6:36:07 PM
Does someone actually have REAL data on how much the production, licensing, and R&D cost for the Vita cards comparing to standards? How about profit margins?

Until then, I can't really blame people using the standard memory as a reference for pricing.

Fact still is that the pricing isn't helping the VITA reach more market. (but one could, I guess, say: that it's doing so indirectly by protecting the device from piracy.. and with VITA games pirated, the hardware will sell like hotcakes but the international dev interest would suddenly crawl).

Couldn't they just invest to better coding or internal hardware protection in the VITA itself? The 3DS games aren't hacked yet right?
#145GLDanzegoPosted 12/24/2012 8:28:45 PM
j2zon2591 posted...

Fact still is that the pricing isn't helping the VITA reach more market. (but one could, I guess, say: that it's doing so indirectly by protecting the device from piracy.. and with VITA games pirated, the hardware will sell like hotcakes but the international dev interest would suddenly crawl).

"Suddenly"? Ummmm....yeah, about that.....

---