Can people stop saying PSN+ games are free?

#41GenTRPosted 12/24/2012 10:42:25 PM
"Can people stop saying PSN+ games are free?"

no
#42MegaMettaurPosted 12/24/2012 10:44:21 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
You don't pay for the games, they are free.

You pay for the PS Plus service. NOT. THE. GAMES.

Get it through your head.

Why do you pay for the service?

Cloud Storage, auto updates, PS store discounts, early access to betas and certain games.

the free games are apart of the service, so you're paying for it too.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#43sean2995Posted 12/24/2012 10:45:35 PM
Heres a question for idiots that keep saying "Rental". When you watch TV are you renting the channels? Do you go around saying "I rented channel ______"??
#44Starwars4JPosted 12/24/2012 10:49:15 PM
sean2995 posted...
Heres a question for idiots that keep saying "Rental". When you watch TV are you renting the channels? Do you go around saying "I rented channel ______"??

No, but you certainly don't say you get those channels for free either. Don't think I ever met someone who made that claim, most seem to state rather straight-forward what channels they pay for.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#45MrPoppadopolisPosted 12/24/2012 11:03:06 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Cloud Storage, auto updates, PS store discounts, early access to betas and certain games.

well now i guess its part of the service. back when ps+ started, there was no instant games collection included. so i guess the veteran members probably see the icg as a free bonus... yeah?
---
PSN - S1lentsurviv0r
#46RyuuHou25Posted 12/24/2012 11:10:45 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Depends on your personal outlook and how much you spend on PSN regardless. I don't pay for PS Plus for the games, I had it since day one for all of those reasons listed above.

The fact of the matter, is that you pay nothing when you download the game. By very definition, that is indeed free. When you rent something, you pay for it at the same time you get it. Not so here.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#47MoegittoPosted 12/24/2012 11:20:19 PM
MrPoppadopolis posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

well now i guess its part of the service. back when ps+ started, there was no instant games collection included. so i guess the veteran members probably see the icg as a free bonus... yeah?

Unfortunately, as was apart of that free PS+ program after my account was hacked. There were 5 games for up for download, Infamous, Uncharted, Bioshock, Borderlands, and a PSN title.

And to add to the debate, the games are free to play. PS+ is more than just the free games, it's also about the discounts you get and inclusion into the many Beta's they have for free. You pay for the service and in turn you get benefits for being a member. PS+ functions in the same way as Gamefly on a smaller scale, so you are renting games while also getting discounts on things.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#48Pinoy441Posted 12/25/2012 1:34:59 AM
Can people stop complaining about PS+ for some odd reason when Xbox Live is obviously much much worse? No? There's the answer then
---
*grabs popcorn*
#49MetalZoicPosted 12/25/2012 2:00:01 AM
_Candice_ posted...
Theyre rentals. When your sub expires theyre unusable.

This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they are free. Nothing at all. Rentals can be free just as easily as something you own forever. What the "free" item or service is doesn't matter. Only whether or not you get it without any "cost" whatsoever...

Since PS+ does have a cost, then nothing that comes from it can be free since you paid for access to it.

It doesn't matter what you call it. It doesn't matter what semantics you choose to use. It doesn't matter what you "feel" it should be. It doesn't matter how you justify it. It doesn't matter how it's advertised. It doesn't matter how good of a deal it is. It doesn't matter if it saves you money. It doesn't matter how hard that is for you to understand.

Only one thing matters: If there was a cost to get it, any at all, then by definition it isn't free. Period.

That said, I think it is a great deal and I highly recommend it.
#50Lawdog1521Posted 12/25/2012 2:05:32 AM
If you're hung up on this, you're head will explode if you try to figure the chicken versus egg conundrum.