What do you think Sony has to do to really increase the Vita sells?

#101xfactorPosted 12/28/2012 3:27:55 PM
Actual, quality games instead of the low quality shovelwares we are getting now.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#102Red-SparrowPosted 12/28/2012 4:20:05 PM
All they have to do is drop the price of the Vita to $200, include a 4 gig memory card, and a voucher for a game or a month of PS +.
#103Red-SparrowPosted 12/28/2012 4:22:24 PM
And get more good, exclusive games instead of more ports.
#104Spiffy247Posted 12/28/2012 4:24:26 PM
Red-Sparrow posted...
All they have to do is drop the price of the Vita to $200, include a 4 gig memory card, and a voucher for a game or a month of PS +.

This is a great idea. The bundles were a step in the right direction.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#105PSO_Posted 12/28/2012 4:40:36 PM(edited)
Sony's Vita has had many price reductions below MSRP--even as low as $100 and it hasn't helped much. At this point the lack of interest in the Vita is based on ignorance (due to poor marketing) or most folks simply have no interest in a dedicated gaming portable (compounded by cheap shovelware--albeit gets the job done, on more functional devices like smartphones and tablets).
#106D E E G SPosted 12/28/2012 4:49:07 PM
They have to cut price first and foremost. The Vita has some great games and the Christmas bundles moved some product but the Vita needs to be $200 w/4GB memory card standard. $270+tax before you even buy a game is too much for most people when the competition is $180.
---
<Insert something witty here>
#107Megaman OmegaPosted 12/28/2012 5:22:49 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
are they really in debt? I had no idea.(how bad is it? like going under bad or are they fine to an extent?)

Yeah, they have billions of dollars in debt. Not long ago they had the worst year in the history of the company when they predicted a return to profitability after four continuous years of losing money and there's no sign of recovery.

http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/jsp/finance/compinfo/Ratios.jsp?tkr=sne

According to this, Sony got a total debt / equity ratio of more than 1. This means that their debt is higher than what the entire company is worth. On top of that, their debt rating has now been downgraded to junk status, so this debt stings even more. For some parties it's outright forbidden to invest in such papers.

Sony also predicts that they are going to sell 10 million Vitas by their next fiscal year. They are around 8 million short of that goal near as I can guess. Sony might be able to survive, but the Vita is toast. They don't have the resources or desire to make the thing a success.

Ah yeah, their loony predictions and forecasts. At frist it was 10m Vitas and 6m PSPs, then it was 12m combined, and then 10m combined, and it still seems impossible. How they expect to sell 10m Vitas this fiscal year is beyond me, even the lifetime sales aren't even near that. These forecasts just make it even more evident that Sony has no idea what's going on.
---
Of course 333.33M is 1/3 of a billion Nintendog. Rage-o-meter increasing, intelligence decreasing - CorruptedRPG demonstrating his thought process
#108CompassPosted 12/28/2012 5:30:34 PM
Yep, heads stuck firmly in the sand. Now we know where the fanboys get it from...
#109crunchb3rryPosted 12/30/2012 9:21:39 PM
"Can you even record/stream vita, or 3ds atm?"

I have no idea. I just want to be able to watch Survivor and The Super Bowl on the crapper. Because for some reason I always have to take a dump when those are on TV.
#110blackman232Posted 12/30/2012 10:52:09 PM
Vita amazing just not amazing enough, darn !
---
R.I.P. Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, Genesis