What do you think Sony has to do to really increase the Vita sells?

#31ZekrixPosted 12/26/2012 1:16:23 PM
PangLa posted...
Zekrix posted...
PangLa posted...
You guys seriously need to shut up with "more games" or "lolz Vita has no games". The 3DS & Wii U has less 3rd party support than the Vita and it's doing well. Clearly games isn't the issue.

3DS is actually getting EXCLUSIVE 3rd party games, unlike Vita. Developers are scared that the games will flop, so they always create a PS3 Version.

Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars was exclusive to DS.

Project Versus J is on Vita AND PS3.

What are the good Vita exclusives again?

Vita has the Western developers support that Nintendo doesn't have. Most of the good 3rd party games on the 3DS are stuck in Japan. The only thing that the 3DS has over the Vita is their 1st party games.

Really? A lot of Japanese games are getting released to Europe/US next year on 3DS. Naruto Powerful Shippuuden for example.

Remind me, what "Western developed" games were enjoyable on Vita again? The lame CoD everyone hated, or perhaps the inferior Assassin's creed? Lol at you relying on Western Developers to help a Japanese console.
#32xspikePosted 12/26/2012 1:35:25 PM
I think the Vita needs to take off in more co-op/online gameplays. sure its a portable but there's plenty of wifi spots or just local with friends.

Like Call of Duty would of been epic if it had spec ops co-op, zombies and just more online functions and was made by better developers.

Some games I think would improve sales, together as no 1 game sells millions of systems by itself unless it was totally epic...
GT5
GTA (with co-op story gameplay (local online) and internet play) would be cool..
A demon souls game
CoD:Zombies
BF:1943
Legend of Dragoon remake
Some Western RPGs
Boarderlands 2 (3 or exclusive)

You know a nice range of epic games that no console gamer could argue about, all that they can play on the go at work or anywhere :) epic.
#33Mr_GenocidePosted 12/26/2012 1:36:40 PM
Honestly, the Vita has ALOT of potential but Nintendo's influence on portable gaming has been around for MUCH longer than Sony... No matter how much more powerful or even if it had better games, DS/3DS will always be on top.

With that said, Sony shouldn't have priced it so high... $199 at launch woulda been much more appealing especially because of the almost MANDATORY over-priced proprietary memory sticks that every one has to buy.

So to name a few things... Sony should reduce that freaking outrageous memory stick price to about 40 bucks for 32 GB (Still over priced but MUCH better than $100) or atleast add 8gb of onboard memory (probably too late for that) OR include an 8gb stick with every purchase.

Decrease the price of course.

Games of course but this isn't really the big issue... Once the systems start to move, games will start to show up. Not to mention we already have some awesome games and a couple that are being developed right now. (That Vanillaware game, I think it's called Dragon's Crown comes to mind!)

I honestly can see the Vita picking up eventually
---
PSN: Genocidic
Rap = Crap. Metal ----> Rap any day.
#34StealthlysPosted 12/26/2012 1:52:18 PM
noname2lazy posted...
1. Price drop
2. Memory price drop
2. Very heavy advertising
3. Good ads
4. More games like MH, GTA etc

This. Or the vita will be like the dreamcast, huge potential, but no one backing it up.
#35kyncaniPosted 12/26/2012 2:10:15 PM
noname2lazy posted...
1. Price drop
2. Memory price drop
#36Devil_wings00Posted 12/26/2012 2:12:12 PM
Price drop, bundled in decent sized memory card (8 or 16gb), Lower memory card prices to the same level as competing MSD cards and a marketing blitz. The memory card thing is what stopped me from buying the console at launch then the low sales and lack of more then a handful of games continued to keep me away. Until the memory card prices drop and I actually see that it has a good future why would I want to adopt it right now? Right now it looks like a borderline dead machine.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#37SuperturkeysPosted 12/26/2012 2:28:15 PM
Price drop. I liked a few of the games but didn't have the money for the system. That $170 amazon deal on black friday was the primary reason I got it and would do the same for others as well.
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#38iammaxhailmePosted 12/26/2012 2:36:11 PM
Have good games.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#39SS4_NamreppivPosted 12/26/2012 2:52:28 PM
Price drop, lower the cost of memory cards. Vita has potential, but will likely be forgettable just like the PSP.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#40qwertyMrJINXPosted 12/26/2012 2:59:46 PM
It needs an internal memory, so I don't have to buy their overpriced memory cards that are suspiciously similar in size to the Memory Stick Duo.

That's about it. If it weren't for that, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros