What do you think Sony has to do to really increase the Vita sells?

#51TheArcadePosted 12/26/2012 5:33:48 PM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
Nothing. it's too late, Sony killed the Vita. How did Sony manage to seize defeat from the jaws of victory.

Lmao! The way you put it so eloquently speaks volumes.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#52Orbo99Posted 12/26/2012 5:40:26 PM
1. Price Drop
2. TV Out
3. Encourage remote play patches
4. More ads
5. Get a MH/GTA Vita
6. REAL price cut for digital vita games
---
Pokemon White FC: 4943-1135-1958
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4986-2905-9491
#53Skeet1983Posted 12/26/2012 5:58:48 PM
I have a Vita and play it lots, especially my PSOne Classics. Would really like Sony to release more PS1 games such as Mega Man X4/5/6 and of course the Legends series :)
---
Toshiba Qosmio X505: Intel Quad-Core i7 @ 2GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m w/1.5GB.
#54LuminescentRulePosted 12/26/2012 6:08:59 PM
Here's my analysis and pay attention people because this is the most sensible and authoritative post you'll hear on the matter ITT:

- A price drop would largely enough. Clearly people want the device - the $180 AC:L Vita bundle sold out in 5 hours. So, sales will be fine. On top of that, with every big PS Vita release, the library gets more an more appealing and the rate at which the userbase will increase will be higher. I think Soul Sacrifice, Killzone: Mercenaries and Tearaway will push a little bit more hardware. If they release the Japanese JRPGs like the Tales games - those will add a few 10Ks of users in the west.

- Advertise as much as they can and SHOW GAMEPLAY while advertising. The best ad they can have for the Vita is a compilation of the best games - like they do at E3.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#55md22mdrxPosted 12/26/2012 6:09:46 PM
PangLa posted...
You guys seriously need to shut up with "more games" or "lolz Vita has no games". The 3DS & Wii U has less 3rd party support than the Vita and it's doing well. Clearly games isn't the issue.

Ok ... Then how about GOOD games?!?

Seriously, I was thinking of getting the wife a vita (she loves her DS) ... but there's NOTHING she'd actually play on it. Might as well waste the money on a 3DS. I didn't do either ... went with PS3 Lego LOTR and Cards Against Humanity.

And I DO understand that you could probably get Lego LOTR for vita, it's just not enough ... ya know? Sony needs to try to grab some of the DS crowd with more puzzlers while still pushing cross play for more gamer-esque titles. Shoot ... The wife would DEMAND a vita right this very instant if Sony could get them to allow Prof. Layton cross-platform.
#56ThamauturgePosted 12/26/2012 6:10:22 PM
This is an excellent piece of hardware. I didn't realize how antiquated the technology in my 6 year old PSP was until I started using the Vita. The web browser is infinitely superior, with music being able to be played just about all the time. My videos no longer have to be an overly specific format, and instead I can put them in their best appearance on my Vita without damaging the quality!

I will surely miss the options on my CFW PSP (though it isn't really going anywhere, to be honest), and the absolute worst thing about this is the lack of a way to play my UMDs on it. Don't get me wrong, UMD was a pretty crappy format, but I paid good money for those UMDs and now the only way for me to even play these games I already own is if I rebuy them. I just really, really wish Sony would have kept the ambassador program.

So, I have $100 to spend right now... and I'm in a bit of a dilemma! I think I need a new memory card to keep hold of all my music, but I would also like to get a few things. The first "new" Vita game I'm going to get is definitely Persona 4 Golden, but I'm also interested in Silent Hill: Book of Memories. But I would also like to get my two favorite PSP games over PSN (currently on UMD >_>) Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together, and Dissidia Final Fantasy. This would obviously be well over $100, that's why I would like your help.

tl;dr, would a 16gb card or even an 8gb last me? I love putting music and vids on my portable PlayStations, but I would not digitally buy a single Vita game. I would certainly buy some PSP classics that I missed though, this would be a good chance to get a Monster Hunter game.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Majora's Mask (again), FFVIII, Vagrant Story (again)
#57LuminescentRulePosted 12/26/2012 6:13:11 PM
PangLa posted...
You guys seriously need to shut up with "more games" or "lolz Vita has no games". The 3DS & Wii U has less 3rd party support than the Vita and it's doing well. Clearly games isn't the issue.

Ok ... Then how about GOOD games?!?

Seriously, I was thinking of getting the wife a vita (she loves her DS) ... but there's NOTHING she'd actually play on it. Might as well waste the money on a 3DS. I didn't do either ... went with PS3 Lego LOTR and Cards Against Humanity.

And I DO understand that you could probably get Lego LOTR for vita, it's just not enough ... ya know? Sony needs to try to grab some of the DS crowd with more puzzlers while still pushing cross play for more gamer-esque titles. Shoot ... The wife would DEMAND a vita right this very instant if Sony could get them to allow Prof. Layton cross-platform.

So, because your wife doesn't know what's on the Vita and only plays Prof Layton, the Vita doesn't have good games?
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#58Shadowfxd2Posted 12/26/2012 6:24:26 PM
The best thing to do now, is just discontinue the Vita, then rerelease it branded as the PSP2, find some way to support UMD and use pro duo. Otherwise it will just be Sony's last handheld.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#59Dlite83Posted 12/26/2012 6:25:02 PM
More Exclusive RPG's....namely Final Fantasy Atlus RPG's and games that are better suited for the VIta (I dont like the D-pad for fighting games) Look at the DS 3DS they have way more games (rpg's and SRPG)...what do you guys think??
#60JulesNeciPosted 12/26/2012 6:32:56 PM
drive a money truck to Square Enix and strike a Vita exclusive Final Fantasy VII remake deal.
BAM!